Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » curious posts in dev log
 Author curious posts in dev log
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2012-06-17 17:47   
Im curious about some of these posts and was wondering if you could explain further.

- UGTO can now replace their Proton Torpedoes with Ion Torpedoes, which don't do quite as much damage but have a slightly better range and more importantly, a rudimentry tracking capability!

Increase in range? I thought ICC was the ranged faction.

- K'luth can now replace their Antimatter Torpedoes with Psionic Torpedoes, which again don't do quite as much damage but launch 3 torpedoes at once and require no ammo to operate!

no info on range capabilities.

- ICC get the trusty SABOT Rocket back, this time as a potential replacement for Fusion Torpedoes. SABOT Rockets have been rebalanced to perform in a torpedo role.

no explaination of damage or range

- UGTO also get the Extended Range Laser, a long-range anti-fighter weapon.

again,I thought ICC was ranged faction.

Im not trying to be snide or anything.Just curious as to why the middle of the road faction (UGTO has great armor and hard hitting weps but less range than ICC) now has weps with more range.That affects ICC range capabilities doesnt it?

as for the laser,UGTO ships class for class carry more fighters...seems to me...ICC should get the laser.dunno,just my opinion.

this is probably in the wrong place,if so,feel free to move it.

thanks

Email Fatal Command (CO)
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-17 17:58   
Quote:

as for the laser,UGTO ships class for class carry more fighters...seems to me...ICC should get the laser.dunno,just my opinion.

you have pulse beam...

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-17 18:59   
Quote:

On 2012-06-17 17:47, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
Im curious about some of these posts and was wondering if you could explain further.

- UGTO can now replace their Proton Torpedoes with Ion Torpedoes, which don't do quite as much damage but have a slightly better range and more importantly, a rudimentry tracking capability!

Increase in range? I thought ICC was the ranged faction.

Just because a few ICC weapons may have a slight edge at range does not mean that they are the only faction which can have longer-ranged weapons. Besides, the Ion Torpedo's main feature is the homing capability, not its range.

Quote:
- K'luth can now replace their Antimatter Torpedoes with Psionic Torpedoes, which again don't do quite as much damage but launch 3 torpedoes at once and require no ammo to operate!

no info on range capabilities.

These blurbs are not a comprehensive, all-inclusive analysis of the weapon's capability; they're just an announcement that they've been added. Any additional information is purely a bonus.

Quote:
- ICC get the trusty SABOT Rocket back, this time as a potential replacement for Fusion Torpedoes. SABOT Rockets have been rebalanced to perform in a torpedo role.

no explaination of damage or range

See previous statement.

Quote:
- UGTO also get the Extended Range Laser, a long-range anti-fighter weapon.

again,I thought ICC was ranged faction.

Again, "range" is not a defining characteristic unique to ICC. Additionally, this is not just a normal beam weapon with added range; it is specifically an anti-fighter weapon, and in order to hit fighters it has to have a long range.

Quote:
Im not trying to be snide or anything.Just curious as to why the middle of the road faction (UGTO has great armor and hard hitting weps but less range than ICC) now has weps with more range.That affects ICC range capabilities doesnt it?

this is probably in the wrong place,if so,feel free to move it.

thanks

UGTO are more comfortable with fighter-and-carrier combat than the other factions. This means that they not only have better carriers, but better anti-fighter defenses as well. It's the same as ICC favoring missiles and having the best anti-missile weapon in the Pulse Beam. Speaking of which, giving the ICC both the Pulse Beam and the Extended Range Laser would simply be exacerbating their point-defense superiority, making missiles and fighters even more irrelevant for UGTO.

Email Jim Starluck
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-17 19:54   
Locking yourself into the idea that "X Faction has Y Trait" and all ships must conform to this is what causes these problems. ICC is no more of a "defensive" Faction than UGTO is, and there is no real reason why ICC should be superior to the UGTO in any particular aspect.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-06-17 19:57   
icc is superior to ugto in the number of nerfs they get

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2012-06-18 03:00   
lol@doran

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Page created in 0.019511 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR