- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » New Engine and Defense Changes (1.674)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author New Engine and Defense Changes (1.674)
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-01 21:50   
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 17:54, Fattierob wrote:

Thrust: 6 + (.25 * level)

Can you expain what the .25*Level means im not sure if i get it

also Skirmish show a higher resist to energy and reactive to Kinetic
am i understanding correct that Reactive shields are suited more for kinetic based projectiles and Skirmish to Energy

Overall by my semi understanding brain i like what u did
Any Estimation on when this hits the MV.
also thanks Fattierob for keeping DS Fresh and new even after 10 yrs

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-01 21:56   
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 21:50, Fatal Devil Dog wrote:

Level is the gadget level, which is tied to the hull level. Scouts are Level 2, Frigates are 3, Destroyers 4, Cruisers 5, Dreads 6, Assault Dreads 7, Stations 10.

Quote:

am i understanding correct that Reactive shields are suited more for kinetic based projectiles and Skirmish to Energy

I guess the term "resist" is incorrect. It's more like "percentage of damage done". ie: Kinetic Resist of 75% means that it would deal 75% of the damage to the armor it should deal.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-01 21:58   
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 21:56, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 21:50, Fatal Devil Dog wrote:

Level is the gadget level, which is tied to the hull level. Scouts are Level 2, Frigates are 3, Destroyers 4, Cruisers 5, Dreads 6, Assault Dreads 7, Stations 10.

Quote:

I guess the term "resist" is incorrect. It's more like "percentage of damage done". ie: Kinetic Resist of 75% means that it would deal 75% of the damage to the armor it should deal.

Thanks got it completly now

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:05   
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 21:21, Fattierob wrote:

The issue with shields is, say I give the Aux Gen a repair rate of 200 hit points per second. Now say you have three generators on your ship, and you make them all aux shields. That's 600 DPS you're negating every second, essentially. Then you add on other shields regeneration rate and you start negating ridiculous amounts of damage very very quickly. If I made aux gens repair rate too low, it'd hamper recovery time and usefulness overall.

This doesn't really happen with armor because the repair rates aren't as high.

If you swap all your reactors for aux shields you're going to have very, very poor energy generation since all you'd have providing power is your engines. Sure your aux shields may be regenerating but once your energy pool runs dry (this will happen rather quickly) your other shields won't unless you slow down. And then there's weapons to consider as well, if you're firing and recharging shields you're going to have to slow down further to generate enough power to keep up with that, and a slow moving ICC ship is a dead ICC ship.

I suppose it might work out for Stations since they generally don't move during combat anyway, but given how crappy they currently are in the survivability department would that be such a bad thing?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:11   
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 22:05, Talien wrote:

If you swap all your reactors for aux shields you're going to have very, very poor energy generation since all you'd have providing power is your engines. Sure your aux shields may be regenerating but once your energy pool runs dry (this will happen rather quickly) your other shields won't unless you slow down. And then there's weapons to consider as well, if you're firing and recharging shields you're going to have to slow down further to generate enough power to keep up with that, and a slow moving ICC ship is a dead ICC ship.

I suppose it might work out for Stations since they generally don't move during coanyway, but given how crappy they currently are in the survivability department would thatmbat be such a bad thing?

The issue is that aux shields don't drain energy while recharging (right now). I could make them drain energy, but you're already giving up *so much* energy regen for these devices ... It's just hard to balance in general. I'm worried about stations having really really high regen with these .... stations don't move too much so they can have their high energy regeneration and soak up damage a lot.

Only way to tell is by testing, I guess. But thank you for these posts, it's good to clarify what i'm thinking and what other players think

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:19   
[quote]
On 2012-06-01 22:11, Fattierob wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 22:05, Talien wrote:

. I'm worried about stations having really really high regen with these .... stations don't move too much so they can have their high energy regeneration and soak up damage a lot.

NO not at all i see no Future ICC Station spam HEHE
Time to show MV who has the best stats

P.S. Luth stats are called(Shrooms), UGTO stats(Mushshrooms), what are ICC stats called

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:29   
Trashcans I think.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:57   
actualy

kluth pumpkins
ugto shrooms
icc trash cans

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-02 01:24   
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 22:11, Fattierob wrote:
The issue is that aux shields don't drain energy while recharging (right now). I could make them drain energy, but you're already giving up *so much* energy regen for these devices ... It's just hard to balance in general. I'm worried about stations having really really high regen with these .... stations don't move too much so they can have their high energy regeneration and soak up damage a lot.

Only way to tell is by testing, I guess. But thank you for these posts, it's good to clarify what i'm thinking and what other players think

Not a problem. I know I come across as a real SOB sometimes but It's because I want to see DS do well, especially now with all this new stuff being added.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-02 04:26   
What is the logic behind K'Luth armour's reduction in regeneration, and ICC Reactive Shield seemingly being worse off in all situations due to its poor resist rate?

EDIT: Also, K'Luth AME are strictly better than human AFE. I take it this means humans still are not as adept at flying speedily?
[ This Message was edited by: Gesellschaft on 2012-06-02 04:30 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-02 08:16   
Well, the reactive shields are now more of a 'stealth shield'
instead of 0.5 sig per shield, they add 0.1

They also have a resistance to energy weapons, so that might be something that's good on stealth corvettes.
Only taking 70% energy damage seems to be mostly counteracted by the fact that the shield has about 20% fewer hitpoints.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-02 11:54   
Quote:

On 2012-06-02 04:26, Gesellschaft wrote:
What is the logic behind K'Luth armour's reduction in regeneration, and ICC Reactive Shield seemingly being worse off in all situations due to its poor resist rate?

K'luth armor regenerats a bit too fast at lower levels, which is why it was cut in half. AHR repairs armor at a percentage rate, so this doesn't really effect higher ships as much as smaller ships. I may or may not nerf AHR sometime and then restore this back to it's level

Quote:

EDIT: Also, K'Luth AME are strictly better than human AFE. I take it this means humans still are not as adept at flying speedily?

Pretty much. K'luth are still meant to be the most mauneverable.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-06-02 13:01   
Fattie i have Man love for you right now bud. im not a tech person so i dony know what all this is saying cept for a few points i figured out. but your doing good bud, Keep up the good work . Ill be in Beta when ever i can to help when i can.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-02 17:31   
I'm not sure how I feel about K'Luth's speed engines being both more maneuvrable and speedier on top of having better energy regen. What's the logic behind that one?

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2012-06-02 17:37   
So when am I getting cannon-mounted sabots? The money should already be transferred by now.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.024604 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR