Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Findings from Testing Sabots
 Author Findings from Testing Sabots
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-01 16:18   
I spent about half an Hour with SupremeCommander~ray. I was testing Sabots with Def and Wep plexer enhancements in my Assault Dred with ray in his EAD testing a combo of Ion and Proton and maybe ECL's.

the Sabots vs the Dred perform well in certain Situations
when i had 8 adv. Weapon Plexer on my AD armed with all Sabots in replacement of Fusion torps going against ray's EAD with standard armor and combo of the different torps. the Sabots Ripped through the EAD if u kept outside of his Beam Range and with ray firing his QST and torps i found its physically impossible to miss his Ion torpedoes however it was mutual that he couldnt dodge my Sabots. when it came down to it if stayed out of beam range the Sabots won with the end of the battle ended with ray at 0% armor and 9 hull and myself dead so i guess its the same old same old stay out of beam range and your going win. The thing is Sabots definately need MORE AMMO or a higher damage output because after the battle right before i died i had 3 sabots a pop left.

After this we had one more battle when beta was having a hissy fit.
Ray swapped out for Kinetic armor vs my Sabots same as before just ray had kinetic and holy crap did this make a difference after 5 or 6 full salvos his armor on any arc wasnt depleted i have never seen kinetic work so effectily this turned Sabtos in Rocks with a booster on them. so idk if this should be looked into or if its the trade off of using kinetic since it cant rep and weak to beams
this about sums it up if ray can add something plz do

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:32   
Me(UGTO torp cruiser, all ion torps) vs Fluttershy (ICC Assault cruiser, all sabots, mixed shields, actives on the front and back, reactives on the side, and a aux shield in front)
All ships unenhanced except I had 1 standard beam cooler.

Flutter was winning in the beginning and was able to dodge IT's at 200gu. When he stopped dodging that well, however, I was able to kill him.
End result:
Me : 22% hull, 30% armor
Fluttershy: Dead

However, it could have gone either way.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:37   
Actually, now that I recall, the front actives tanked a lot of damage.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:45   
Yeah, I needed to dodge way more than I was, and keep distance with those sabots, or at least stay more focused on the exposed armor.

I was gonna try the skirmisher shields which have a kinetic weapon resistance, only taking 70% of the damage, however, they seem to be broken at the moment, and cannot be equipped.

My biggest concern is the effectiveness of gunboats vs assault ships, if I recall, those are supposed to be the ship to be using against them, right? With the torpedoes that have a better chance to hit, I'm not sure if that's gonna nerf em, since gunboats already do less damage as it is.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-01 22:47 ]

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:46   
They don't have a image or description either, afaik.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-02 10:03   
You know whats funny.
New Armor & Shield changes in now.
Might want to re-do everything.

/me hops into beta.

P.S.
While almost everyone uses enhancements in-game. For testing the actual change of the weapon. It is highly recommended you test without any at first.
Get the feel of the difference of the weapon compared to the already existing weapons. once you finally figured out which one's are more useful in what situation.
ONLY T HEN will you try to simulate combat with enhancements.This is mainly because enhancements trow of the true characteristics of the devices.
Enhancements are a choice and never a requirement.

Koba
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2012-06-03 10:35   
Quote:

On 2012-06-02 10:03, Eledore Massis [R33] wrote:
You know whats funny.
New Armor & Shield changes in now.
Might want to re-do everything.

/me hops into beta.

P.S.
While almost everyone uses enhancements in-game. For testing the actual change of the weapon. It is highly recommended you test without any at first.
Get the feel of the difference of the weapon compared to the already existing weapons. once you finally figured out which one's are more useful in what situation.
ONLY T HEN will you try to simulate combat with enhancements.This is mainly because enhancements trow of the true characteristics of the devices.
Enhancements are a choice and never a requirement.

eledore are you a man? no insult intended its just i dont see a woman puting 4 bouncy fun bags as there profile picture it just dosent make any sense oh wait i guess there would be another explanation but if i ask that question i'll insult the gods and risk swift vengeance apon this foolish mortal

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-06-03 10:56   
^^ Yes i was Useing ECL's but to no affect. i could not Detect the sabots nor shoot them down. But yes i belive i only won these battle's cuz i did jump in close to you and hit you with beams.

My advice to ICC use a dictor ship to dictor your enemy and stay out of beam range, as stated above, Your enemy will die

UGTO i was useing only about 4 Normal torps and the rest Ions, Ions torps on the EAD works very well. i have all beam multy's but im sure if your one of the guys that fly EAD with weapon ehn and useing Ions it will hurt your enemy, and since they can barely dodge them (Yes smaller ships can dodge them) It will make the EAD even more deadly.

Luth i suggest you stay away from Ion torp equiped EAD's and Sabots. YOU WILL DIE!! Tho luth die from EAD no matter what. But ya know

All may begin to QQ. But do know if you QQ I will kill you. If something gets nerfed i will be angry so all you QQers just stay quiet. and Be happy that Fattierob (and the rest of the dev team) Has given us these cool new toys

~Supreme Commander~Ray[OU]~ Has spoken

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-03 12:46   
Those Psi torps should come in handy for the hit and fade tactics used by most kluth ships.
They fire 3 torps per salvo with a long reload time, and each torp does a bit less damage.

Both the sabots and the psi torps pack a punch, more so than regular torpedoes, but if you're assaulting a dread or station, the lesser damage per second will be the downside.

Page created in 0.023950 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR