Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ECL(Extended Chemical Laser)
 Author ECL(Extended Chemical Laser)
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-29 19:46   
From what i see right now this could be a little OP seeing as it has longer range than any laser standard even farther than Pulse shield which could give them a huge advantage over ICC Long range Missile tactics preferred against UGTO by many ICC Pilots
if someone could shed some light on my doubts as true or just false

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-29 22:04   
Probably very alpha. Don't think it'll make it to release as-is, so no need to get panties in a knot.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-29 22:15   
Not in a knot more like a wad but close enough

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-30 02:47   
my 2 pennies:
those lasers should have a massive falloff ( laser weapons deal damage by hitting a very smal point with as much energy as possible, and the bigger the distance, the bigger the affected point ->less energy on any effected area)

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-30 04:24   
just a thought there in game function is to kill fighters so having long range and low damage would make sence after all isnt it just like ICC pulse beams they can obliterate missile/fighters in seconds with 2/3 you can stop maybe 16+ harpex from reaching there target isnt that OP? no because those weapons have been around since the dawn of time but if they were to be added now and no faction had them? sure people would say there OP. just my view.

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
seyyah
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-30 07:35   
give pulse beams more range(400gu) too and ECLs wont be OP anymore

former Roukanken

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-30 07:41   
Quote:

On 2012-05-30 07:35, Roukanken wrote:

Two different weapons.

ECL has a long cooldown, uses a lot of energy.

Pulse Beam has barely any cooldown, uses no energy.

That's why the ranges are different - just because one has a longer range doesn't make it 'op'. Please test before giving feedback.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-30 08:30   
Quote:

On 2012-05-30 07:41, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-05-30 07:35, Roukanken wrote:

Two different weapons.

ECL has a long cooldown, uses a lot of energy.

Pulse Beam has barely any cooldown, uses no energy.

That's why the ranges are different - just because one has a longer range doesn't make it 'op'. Please test before giving feedback.

A thousand, million times this.

Preferrably, ECL's will be able to take down fighters and missiles from great range, but at a great cost - its not going to take down a bunch of missiles easy and it won't be able to do it forever.

Its supposed to be anti-fighter, therefore the long cooldown and high energy is supposed to make UGTO players consider this alternative for this reason. The other factions I have noticed, use fighters on a repeat basis so there is ample room for their use.

For missiles, it will not be as effective. Missiles should be able to overwhelm ECL spam without having to go to extremes to do so. Yes, you can PD from far away but you're going to be screwed eventually.

Keep this in mind when you test. If it feels like its too easy to PD missiles with a single ship from extreme range, then please send that feedback. I'll personally be in the Beta server (when its up) to test with folks and ensure that this gadget is well balanced.

-Ent

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-30 11:46   
With all this saying its for fighters can we get an extension on the pulse beams range at the cost of Energy or something because the ECL's sure cost alot but still have more range the ICC farthest PD defense so can we maybe extend the pusle Beam a little maybe to 200 or 250

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-30 17:34   
ecl.

Once i see how many missiles a single ecl, which i cant imagine would be more than two, ill make my mind up.

A single pulse beam can shoot down 3 to 4 missiles before they impact.

So i dont believe were looking at total equality with icc. Just better than what they had.

This is not a bad thing.

I just wish it were not affective vs fighters. Kinda puts icc fighters back to befor the change when figters would fly strait in to a target and get shot down.

But ugto needs something in that department and i cant think of better.

The damage output of ecl seems to be prety low, but not insignifigant like pulse beams.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-30 23:41   
Quote:

On 2012-05-30 17:34, Defiance*CO* wrote:
ecl.

Once i see how many missiles a single ecl, which i cant imagine would be more than two, ill make my mind up.

A single pulse beam can shoot down 3 to 4 missiles before they impact.

So i dont believe were looking at total equality with icc. Just better than what they had.

This is not a bad thing.

I just wish it were not affective vs fighters. Kinda puts icc fighters back to befor the change when figters would fly strait in to a target and get shot down.

But ugto needs something in that department and i cant think of better.

The damage output of ecl seems to be prety low, but not insignifigant like pulse beams.

I agree with your statement completely but you a pusle beam can shoot a 3 or 4 missiles that depends on the ship ur in

Page created in 0.021998 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR