Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » 1.674
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author 1.674
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-01 17:56   
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 17:32, Always Felt, Never Touched wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 17:01, Critus wrote:
Whats the deal with sabot, they have more dmg? range? the sabot i remember was not worth the ress it cost to refit... For example, as a AD ship what advantages i have with sabot rather than whats probably the best torpedo with splash dmg in icc wep system?

Guidance. You get guided munitions to deal with smaller ships, much like the MI Longhead gets guided torps to deal with the likes of you

As I learned about SABOTs after beta went down, I have to ask. Do they fire 1 per salvo like standard torp mounts? or do they fire spreads of 4-5 rockets? Because I can deal with the lack of ammo if they fire multiple rockets per salvo per mount.

they fire 6, but the chance of more than one hitting anything smaller than a crusier at any range less than 300 is low

Email *FTL*Soulless
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-06-01 19:20   
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 17:32, Always Felt, Never Touched wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-01 17:01, Critus wrote:
Whats the deal with sabot, they have more dmg? range? the sabot i remember was not worth the ress it cost to refit... For example, as a AD ship what advantages i have with sabot rather than whats probably the best torpedo with splash dmg in icc wep system?

Guidance. You get guided munitions to deal with smaller ships, much like the MI Longhead gets guided torps to deal with the likes of you

As I learned about SABOTs after beta went down, I have to ask. Do they fire 1 per salvo like standard torp mounts? or do they fire spreads of 4-5 rockets? Because I can deal with the lack of ammo if they fire multiple rockets per salvo per mount.

Sabot are NOT guided, they fire a spread of 6 rockets which individually do pretty low damage and it's only if most of them hit that it hurts, they have no splash and very low ammo and are for use against Dreadnoughts and Stations. UGTO has the ion torpedo, which is the only torpedo that's guided.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-06-01 22:41   
It looks like chitin has been removed, was that intentional?

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-01 23:29   
Removed? Are you sure it hasn't been put as a replacement for Organic armor?

edit: seems to work here... o_O
Are you sure the planet had METALS?
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-01 23:32 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-03 00:05   
The planet attacked me while my signature was negative in beta!
To make sure I was not desynced, I cloaked, stood still, then decloaked and checked again. My profobics had 2 ECM on so its signature was negative and the planet (which didn't have any sensor) shot me again. I was pretty sure the ship was damage because all arcs was red. Planet didn't shot me when I was cloaking.

I know beta server has a long response as I can update to cortex without techonology drop during built. But this is weird.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-06-03 07:09 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-08 12:17   
im curious about the new luth-torpedoes:
in devlog, its said, theyll deal less damage than the normal ones... what if all 3 hit, is the damage still less, equal or higher than the normal ones ?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-12 14:33   
The legendary icon in planet view does not appear.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-13 08:56   
Quote:

On 2012-06-08 12:17, NoBoDx wrote:
in devlog, its said, theyll deal less damage than the normal ones... what if all 3 hit, is the damage still less, equal or higher than the normal ones ?

I think if all 3 hit, it does 225% of the damage of a single torp.

It's mostly, from what I can tell, a hit and fade weapon that would be best used on destroyers.
It lacks DPS, so wouldn't be too useful on a base assault unless you plan on immediately cloaking after you fire your torpedoes.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-13 08:57 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-06-26 19:01   
Quote:

On 2012-06-13 08:56, Fluttershy wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-06-08 12:17, NoBoDx wrote:

I think if all 3 hit, it does 225% of the damage of a single torp.

It's mostly, from what I can tell, a hit and fade weapon that would be best used on destroyers.
It lacks DPS, so wouldn't be too useful on a base assault unless you plan on immediately cloaking after you fire your torpedoes.

[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-06-13 08:57 ]

my questions aim was:
a mandi have how many torps? 4 or 5 per side if you replace all of them woth the new torpedoes, that would be 30 bullets flying towards the enemy...

---------

another thing:
Quote:
Engines have had their stats changed to bring them more in line with each other.

does this include the changes to the jumpdrive mentioned on the suggestion-page (and more importantly my suggestion to give stations jump & wormhole-drives )

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-06-27 05:29   
Fattie, are you planning to make Chitinous Armor alternative to Organic Armor? There is no reason to swap AHR - which repairs 8 Organic Armor - for a full arc armor for Luth.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.023565 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR