No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Probably the mother of all bugs... *Warning, Pictures*
 Author Probably the mother of all bugs... *Warning, Pictures*
Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-05-05 03:46   
SO! I'm not sure whats happening here, possibly some kind of horrible, horrible desyncing? Regardless, take a look at the pictures, I shall describe the events that led to their formaition.

This is the first interesting one. I relogged twice, because I thought I was desynced. However, each time I immediately logged back in, I was put back into the shipyard instead of my ship. So I launched again. Now I have two of me sitting there. that are not me. Interestingly, when the AI destroyed one, I was kicked back into the Shipyard screen and given an extra duplicated engineer.

This happened again while I was in an entirely different ship, a transport, and I still got kicked back to the ship select screen. However, this created a duplicate transport sitting in space instead! End result? I had 2 duplicated engineers and 1 duplicated transport in my garage.

This lead to me having 9 ships in 8 total slots, as shown below. As of the writing of this there is still a duplicate transport sitting in space. When I log in tomorrow, I may find I once again have 9 ships when I shouldn't We shall see. I will also include log files, below.

One last thing, as well as the ship, whatever it had in its cargo was also duplicated, in this case, resources. Each ship when it was destroyed had its own %dmg.

*Note: Having gone over the log file, it would appear the error may be related to data packets simply taking too long to reach the client. (Desync issue.) Likely the "logout" command isn't making it to the server either, potentially resulting in this ship duplication... but thats only my guess, not an expert at this.

LOG FILE

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oujMniEQ0CXYHWLJ2h9FFYHTrkQ2zk1hcfSvdDhJXwI/edit
[ This Message was edited by: Tellaris on 2012-05-05 04:01 ]

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-05 04:32   
i can confirm that copying cargo bug is around...had the same bug a while ago, spwaned a ship, disconnected, spawned it again, disconnected, check my sy there is 3 loads of resources in garage stead of one. was couple of months ago.

although, once i wanted to use the extra resources i noticed they are useless. when trying to drop em at planet server updates and corrects for the faulty resources...they dont get added to planet stockpile, nor can the resources be used to build plats.

im an idiot...but i'd say its a rare glitch caused by desynch...

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Page created in 0.007707 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR