No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Feedback on new Pirate ships
 Author Feedback on new Pirate ships
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-04 13:01   
I would like some feedback on the new pirate ships, specifically:

1) How difficult they are to fight (specify what you are fighting and what ship you are using to fight them with)

2) How difficult it is to keep yourself from getting captured by the droppods (again, specify ships)

3) Any questions about overall balance affected by these changes

4) Suggestions for improvement, of course.

Rain of Fire [O-XII]
Grand Admiral

From: South of Klaus, 14,000 gu from Insanity and 3,000 from Desperation.
Posted: 2012-05-04 14:19   
1) Pirate transports Vs. Mcruiser, standard loadout.
Actually it mas a bit harder then fighting Luth transports, as, when you can get 2 salvoes and on em and kill the Luth, the pirate jump to you not even a second after the hit. Then they drop their pod, which does nothing, and procede to pound you with their machine weapons, not running away like the MI, or the other factions. All in all, quite hard to kill with a missile ship.

2) Easy enough, the drop pods are quickly taken out about 50gu away.

3) For their new "machinegun" weaponry, what is the damage as compared to ICC and UGTO?

4) Maybe another pod or two, they're REALLY easy to PD even without any scanner or ECCM.
[ This Message was edited by: Always Felt, Never Touched on 2012-05-04 14:20 ]
On 2012-11-06 20:23, Tael wrote:
\"Depends who you asked... Praetorian, KC, a few others, and myself use to sit in the lobby and talk out the game...

Convinced more than one new person initially this was a text game. \"

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-04 14:45   
The drop pods don't create a pod, those are the infantry onboard the ship it's probably dropping on you. You'll know if you get hit with a drop pod because the game will display a different boarding message.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-04 15:15   
Any plan to assign pirate a planet in Kaus (of Sagi)?

Pirate, finally, is buff. It's kind of pity if pirates don't join Sagi.

I miss Nautilus so much.

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-04 18:44   
First day of the patch, I attacked a Nautilus with an HC and couldn't put a dent in it at all. The AI ignored me entirely until Jim Starluck jumped in with a Combat Dreadnought and began attacking it. Jim lost, The Nautilus actually beat a CD with a good amount of hull and armor left. Those Harpex missiles really give it a good punch, and it's new armor really can take a beating. I manage to have little to no effect on the battle, even after a number of good torp hits on unarmored arcs.

Maybe they're a tad TOO powerful now.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-04 20:09   
okay toying with a brood and a Nuat. the missles seem to aim drectly towards you and rarely miss dreads its got P cannons and some Ions and it tore a Brood apart i dint get a chanse to test it with my siphon.

and i had a hive and was borded by a pirate Frigate and i dint notice any thing that borded me and i just thought really??

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-04 20:41   
Also I noticed that the DC on the Nautilus was very powerful in comparison to the strength o the ships it was healing. A Bombard attacked my HC during the battle with the Nautilus and I was able to hit it down to 3~% armor, until it came back for a second pass a couple of seconds later, when it was already back up to 90% armor. Once the Nautilus jumped out, the Bombard went back to being it's easily destroyable self.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-04 21:54   
DC and healing aura on the naut is exactly the same as on other support stations

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-05-05 03:57   

Question:

Since the pirates are supposed to be a ragtag buncha space privateers. Are they supposed to have equipment matching the regular fleet?

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-05 05:08   
Quote:

On 2012-05-05 03:57, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Question:

Since the pirates are supposed to be a ragtag buncha space privateers. Are they supposed to have equipment matching the regular fleet?

They're pirates... they stole it. Why build your own weapons when you can steal some?

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-05-05 05:30   
Quote:

On 2012-05-05 05:08, Loyalty *TO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-05-05 03:57, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Question:

They're pirates... they stole it. Why build your own weapons when you can steal some?

Well, true. They stole the old stuff. From the Brigandine, it looks like IQQ got ripped off more.

But how abt training and proficiency. Are pirates as well trained as the UGTO/ICC?

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-05 06:04   
Quote:

On 2012-05-04 20:41, Walrus of Apathy wrote:
Also I noticed that the DC on the Nautilus was very powerful in comparison to the strength o the ships it was healing. A Bombard attacked my HC during the battle with the Nautilus and I was able to hit it down to 3~% armor, until it came back for a second pass a couple of seconds later, when it was already back up to 90% armor. Once the Nautilus jumped out, the Bombard went back to being it's easily destroyable self.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the repair rate of the repair modules is constant, so the problem here is not that the nautilus repairs extremely fast, it is that the bombard had very little armor.

Quote:

and i had a hive and was borded by a pirate Frigate and i dint notice any thing that borded me and i just thought really??

Pirates have drop pod weapons now, remember? You don't see any inf landing on you because they shoot them out of a gun.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-05-05 06:23   
UGTO military focuses on fighter pilot training and heavy attack ship commanding. side focus on technology development.
ICC military focuses on missile technicians and gunship commanding. side focus on projectile weapon development.
K'Luth military focuses on...what do they focus on? tactical attack strategies and mind-controlling their organic ships. side focus on beam weapon development.

then you have MI, which dont have a military and focus on teamwork and being broken. side focus on being awesome.

lastly you have pirates. they dont have useless dreads or floundering fleets, so they stake much less people in gamble of war. this gives them spare people to train for ship capturing and combat. their policy to ambush only small ships gives their infantry a better chance to both live and capture enemy ships. so they get training without dedicated facilities.

and being good privateers, they can reduce loss of life in their captures and bring in skilled prisoners who they assign for navigation, weapon development, weapon targeting and maintenance...more or less the pirates can use these prisoners to control everything on the ship.

so you have the inductee pirates, who were prisoners but joined when they learned pirate ways, and the original pirates who gained +1 EXP point per transport they captured.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-05 09:12   

[/quote]

Pirates have drop pod weapons now, remember? You don't see any inf landing on you because they shoot them out of a gun.

[/quote]

no as in when i was borded i dint see anything that was not a K'luth Heavy inf. and what makes it worse is that it dint even do 20% damage to one of my inf.

Page created in 0.029440 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR