No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » The Awesomeness that is the tutorial server
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author The Awesomeness that is the tutorial server
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-03 03:32   
Great job on putting this in for all the fresh people that shall arrive soon!

i went to test the tutorial to see how it goes and feels, it is definetly very helpfull for new people, but there are some things:

-------------------------------------------
The basic tutorial:

- when starting the tutorial u end up in garage screen. a new player will click launch, notice nothing happens, quit, and ask in lobby what to do....Maybe auto select the light tranny or put some text boxes in the garage explaining the garage window.

- when explaining ship systems, the text box says that right clicking on a system selects it, and left clicking activates/uses that system, but its actually the other way around.

- left and right click also mixed up for the ship cargo explenation

- when trying to orbit mycopia, i tried to be annoying and have dawn in my flight path. my ship kept range of 2000 gu of mycopia, didnt went closer

- when explaining planet capping: "the yellow markers on the surface are drop zones" . the markers are yellow? i see em as grey diamonds.....

- combat part of tutorial, i waited an extra minute b4 attacking. enemy ai killed our ai and i had to fight an interceptor frigate with a light tranny. Not so hard for me, but new ppl may die.

- after finishing capping the planets, i had a small grey sentence saying "tutorial complete" and that was that. maybe but an extra textbox that say "tutorial complete, u may now press escape and then click logoff"

(PS: -never knew Ihzack was actually named Lhzack till i read it in tutorial message lol)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
time to test the next tutorial jay
edit: ah the other tutorials not up yet hehe, my bad
[ This Message was edited by: Bang! on 2012-05-03 03:44 ]

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Admiral C. Wilson
Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-03 07:51   
Marshal Bang. Lols!

Email Admiral C. Wilson
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-05-03 08:12   
Also, please have it tell new players to move to Sag or scen. The newbie server isn't populated and newbies(like me, for some time I was wondering why nobody ever logged on) sometimes wouldn't know why. You can earn a better amount of prestige in sag as well, as a suppie or flying a frig.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-05-03 09:01   
We'll work on adding more tutorials and fixing the current one, hopefully within a reasonable time frame.

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-05-03 11:27   
For the longest time i wasn't even in sag where all the action was for like a week and i ended up almost quitting. lol but it's a good thing i didn't.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-03 11:54   
"Scout" is misspelled as "Scount" in the message about a friendly Scout jumping in.

Mycopia caps before you can even drop troops on it, adding a couple UGTO extractors would help there.

Having Faustus as one of the AI names is amusing.

It says capturing Dawn and Ihzack will end the tutorial, but Zoca is the other flag planet.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-03 12:46   
You can end the tutorial at any time.

I really want BIGGER FONT. You know, many words...

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-05-03 20:01   
Seems Legit, Tho i really tried to die but only ened up with 65% Hull. Thats when the frig stop shooting me and i then killed it. (I didnt rotate shields)
Pssh like a noob would know how any way. Hmm would there be a totorial explaing each Factions speacial stuffs? Like Cloack, Pulse,Flux???

Thy shall make many Grammer errors and thy shall not Fix them!

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-05-04 00:53   
Hmm, so I tried the Tutorial.

So, the combat ships jumped in, and the very first thing one of the frigates and the destroyer did was ram Mycopia, leaving me and the crappy scout to fend off the other frigate. Thankfully I knew what I was doing, so it wasn't that tough. The suicidal tendencies of the AI should probably be addressed, or the ships arriving should be moved away from the planet.

Other than that, does what it needs to as far as I can see. (Perhaps make Mycopia controlled by UGTO initially? Might address the capture issue.)

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-05-04 05:46   
I've not actually tried the tutorial recently but it sounds suspiciously like the last incarnation of the tutorial, in which case I guess someone's working on updating it.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-04 06:08   
It's really difficult to read all the text in guiding box. A long paragraph in white & small font is not vision-friendly in game.
Is it possible to make bigger font; and black font on white background?

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-05-04 09:51   
Quote:

On 2012-05-04 05:46, Gejaheline wrote:
I've not actually tried the tutorial recently but it sounds suspiciously like the last incarnation of the tutorial, in which case I guess someone's working on updating it.

Change "but it sounds suspiciously like the last incarnation" to "is the last incarnation" and you'll have it right, Geja.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-05-04 16:24   
The tutorial could be better, but it is much better than not having one at all. However, the main issue I have with it is the fact that there is not a easy and obvious way for the noobies to access/run the tutorial. Maybe you should place a hint\link on the main page of the website and the home page of the GCQL browser that helps them find it. It would take nothing more complicated than a slightly enlargened test field saying "Are you new to playing DarkSpace? Go check out the manual\wiki links on the left side of this message, and play the tutorial (double click on "Dark Space Tutorial" in the launch tab." --something like that.

You could also make a text field appear upon starting the GCQL that says the same, and can be disabled using options (which the field will also tell you how to do)
[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator |SoT| on 2012-05-04 16:27 ]

Walrus of Apathy
Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-04 18:34   
If you die during the tutorial (Which I accomplished by planet smashing), you start back in the ship selection screen and upon launch have to start the whole tutorial over from the beginning, even if some of the objectives have already been accomplished.

Email Walrus of Apathy
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-05-05 14:04   
Quote:

On 2012-05-03 12:46, chlorophyll wrote:
You can end the tutorial at any time.

Obviously. Capturing Zoca completes the objective and gives you a Scenario style win message, but the tutorial incorrectly tells you to capture Dawn and Izhack to win.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022610 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR