No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Fan Fiction » » DarkSpace Book Series: Book 1: Betrayal
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author DarkSpace Book Series: Book 1: Betrayal
NZ-juex16
Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2012-04-19 22:30   
I'm the same as you, failed every english test untill only two years ago. Luckly for me i had a old fashion teacher who kept pushing me to be better. One thing she taught me was to read things aloud after i wrote them. Most of my errors were found this way, then i would read it again in a day or two and i'd then find more mastikes. Use that method it works that is what i'm currently doing for my Fan fic just reading it, finding the mastikes and editing it slow and steady.

Also, talk to people like Kenny and the others who write regualy in the Fan fiction section they can offer help with things like plot sturcture, layout etc.

U.W.S Melborne

I.S.S Achilles

Author of Stanger in a Strange land.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-20 15:41   
So what if you have a learning disability? Just admit the fact and move on, get some people to help you write, maybe take some classes, whatever you want. It's not like anyone is saying you suck, just take some time to learn to write better. It doesn't come to everyone instantly.

Sheynak
Admiral

Posted: 2012-04-21 00:00   
There ARE helpful people on this forum! Just post this draft, and we can go through it and fix errors for you! Teamwork!

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-04-21 15:33   
Quote:

On 2012-04-21 00:00, Sheynak wrote:
There ARE helpful people on this forum! Just post this draft, and we can go through it and fix errors for you! Teamwork!

Among us, the lobbycampers of DS are the most vicious grammar nazi's that you'll see in awhile, someone will be able to fix any errors here if needed.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-04-21 20:06   
Quote:

On 2012-04-21 15:33, _SRM_Kenny wrote:
Among us, the lobbycampers of DS are the most vicious grammar nazis that you'll see in awhile, someone will be able to fix any errors here if needed.

Fixed that apostrophe for you.

On a more serious note, people here are trying to provide constructive criticism. By the time I looked at this thread the actual content had been removed, but I can only see people trying to help to improve the writing.

Yes, it stings when people pull your pride and joy apart and the instinctive reaction is to get annoyed, but if you listen to good criticism (and yes, unfortunately there's good critiquing and bad out there) and take it to heart, you can improve and write something that's much better.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-04-21 22:45   
Being unable to take critique further shows that you just are not ready to start writing. When you write, it is inevitable that some people will not like your work, and they will not always be quiet about it.

If your only response to a single person commenting on your work (for, indeed, no one else seems to really offer an opinion on what you had posted) is removing the entire work and taking offence to something pointlessly, then you are simply not fit to be a writer.

Fix your sentence structures, fix your spelling, read up on writing and find out what writers you like and why you like them. Then fix your attitude and try again.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.027248 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR