Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » new EWAR
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author new EWAR
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-21 22:49   

@Jack:
I think we should ask Kluth players which way they want it.

- Targetable ECCM which loses lock and turn off once u get out of range. Acts as a 'detector' of sorts.

- Or the ECCM remains on after you're out of range, and denies them the ability to know whether you're still around. But regains lock once you're in range again.

@Frob: But the ECCM working this way acts like sort of a detector too.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-21 23:03   
Yeah, but all it tells you is "okay, the k'luth I had targetted managed to get out of the range". It doesn't tell you it's position or if its coming back in again. It just tells you it's far enough away from you for you to drop the paranoia a bit

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-21 23:27   
Quote:

On 2012-03-21 23:03, Junior Dev Punching Bag Fattierob wrote:
Yeah, but all it tells you is "okay, the k'luth I had targetted managed to get out of the range". It doesn't tell you it's position or if its coming back in again. It just tells you it's far enough away from you for you to drop the paranoia a bit

Fair enough. I know how it works. Maybe I just like toying with the target as he's twisting about wondering if I'm still behind him, when I'm already on my way to Mars to sip a Strawberry Daiquiri on the face of Cydonia.

A healthy dose of paranoia is always good for human players. Keeps 'em on their toes. Keeps 'em alive longer too.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-03-21 23:36 ]

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-21 23:48   
So does that mean it displays a message when they come back INTO range? That means you'd have to activate it first, then leave it on in the hopes they'll be back.

Also, PB quit because kluth's god status from 1.5 was taken from them? Not surprised.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-22 01:44   
not sure what your on about kluth god status of 1.5
from looking at your profile, it would seem you where not even around on 1.5

1.6 has seen kluth get dps boosts, armor buffs, and perfect cloak. The only thing that makes them seem weak when compared to 1.5 is the lack of kluth players now. Or, at least, a drastic reduction in kluth players.

Nothing has been done to lower kluth survivability, which was the number one complaint of 1.5 as i remember it. If anythng, kluth are more survivable now, if your not greedy.

Back to the topic at hand, i like the idea of focused eccm not turning off when kluth exit focus range. This way, a targeted eccm is not a clear cut better choice than the other two.

Do beacons still reveal the target, even under cloak for the duration of the lifespan of the active device? If so, is the lifespan going to be lowerd? i havent had the chance to run beacon controle in battle this version, my team always wants me to pull out my super ad instead.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*CO* on 2012-03-22 01:50 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-22 01:53   
Quote:

On 2012-03-21 23:48, Kaepora wrote:

Also, PB quit because kluth's god status from 1.5 was taken from them? Not surprised.

PB hasn't left. They're just taking a break. Even before 1.5, their numbers have dwindled from the original playerbase. There were less than 10 active PBs by then. Today, there're probably only 2 or 3, including myself. And I play only once a week or less.

Most of the PB boys are playing EVE, World of Tanks, Battlefield 3 and SWTOR. The rest of us are working adults, and unlike students or kids.... can't play every other day.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-03-22 02:09 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-22 01:58   
Quote:

On 2012-03-22 01:44, Defiance*CO* wrote:

Back to the topic at hand, i like the idea of focused eccm not turning off when kluth exit focus range. This way, a targeted eccm is not a clear cut better choice than the other two.

If the cloaked ship gets out of range, your targeted ECCM is useless against any other ship. It doesn't even (if I'm not wrong) work as a 'normal' ECCM, adding to cloak drain in the immediate area.

But as Jack said, if the cloaked ship comes back into range, the ECCM regains its lock on the ship again.

All of this is of course, transparent to the ECCM user. He only knows that his ECCM is on.

Of course, if the ECCM is set to deactivate once the cloaked ship is out of range, then as Frobbie said, it will let you know that your stalker in now out of range. But then again, he can easily reverse his direction and come at you again... and you won't be able to get an ECCM lock on him until he reveals himself once more.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-22 03:31   
i like the proposal to improve focused eccm. I do think that what would make this all much easier is manually targetted eccm. Like i can manually fire into space. downside is an enemy can get away from the manual point pretty fast and eccm is now a more longterm bother for luth.

so only way is to keep focused eccm active on a ship even after it cloaked. the proposal was either keep it active after the luth went out of range, or make it logical and deactivate once outa range. i'd say have the focused eccm deactivate once enemy outa range.

I dont feel like sensor capacity of small ships need increasing. the reason people dont fly small ships is that they dont get prestige. Grouping can solve that. its alrdy very hard to get a dread out of the path of a beacon scout once its around.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-22 05:34   
If you're worried about focused ECCM working as any sort of proximity detector, just consider that I warned the whole group the very moment an ambush would occur by closely monitoring AI movements.

Also, I could be wrong, because I haven't tried this, but you may be able to find the location of a cloaked ship by using ECM, and if your signature spikes into the positive, there's a cloaked ship nearby that has detected you.
I will test this theory.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015234 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR