No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » new EWAR
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author new EWAR
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-21 18:12   
Can a staff member explain what is trying to be done with the new EWAR gadgets?

I really dont get it.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-21 18:35   
The Targettable EWAR gadgets got accidently nerfed due to the cloak changes. They are (will be) changed in beta so that when you lock onto a ship and the target cloaks, the device will not drop lock until the distance is far enough.

This may change a lot of things, so I hope people will test it out before it hits release.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-03-21 19:28   
sorry

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO*

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* on 2012-03-21 20:19 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-21 19:46   
Quote:

On 2012-03-21 19:28, Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* wrote:
you can't be serious. So you make our missles and fighters selfdestruct and return to our ships when we cloak.

Incorrect. The only recent change was to make fighters return to the ship when you cloak

Quote:

so now your gonna make it so when we get targeted and when we cloak the ewar keeps a lock on us and keeps firing youve got to be kidding me. in case this hasen't been thought thru all the players will have to do is point fire where the ewar is firing and hit a cloaked ship.

Except the EWAR device doesn't show where you are at all

Quote:

i thought the game was close to being ballanced but this will make the game even more unbalanced and cause players to quit playing kluth or just quit the game period. PB has allready quit because of game ballances and nerfing done in the past. if this is done it will cause players to play icc or uggies and then you will only have 2 factions playing. as a long time player and a ds lover i ask that you reconsider this befor you make the changes and make sure this is good for all not just the human factions.

Why don't you actually try the changes out instead of just complaining needlessly? I understand that's a favorite past time around here but it gets old quickly.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-21 20:04   
You do realise all of what you're saying is, and excuse me for being blunt, rubbish?

You are far from nerfed, or anywhere close to that. The current EWAR energy drain on K'Luth has been criticised from all sides (K'Luth, UGTO, and ICC), and it saddens me that you are so obscure to what is real balance that you cannot understand what we are trying to do, and feel the need to complain before anything has been touched (you don't even know how strong the EWAR effect will be).

Really annoys me when people go off on rants like this with absolutely ZERO basis, ZERO fact, and quite frankly, ZERO intelligence.

How about you test the changes and give constructive feedback next time, instead of ranting on what hasn't even been decided yet?

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-03-21 20:05   
omg plezzz slap me. i thought u ment ewas. seriously. sorry rob

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-03-21 20:16   
I think frob meant to have said that even if the target cloaks the eccm will keep a lock on it and increase the signature of the cloaked vessel right? untill he moves out of range of the eccm'er Right?

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-03-21 20:17   
Quote:

On 2012-03-21 20:04, Pantheon wrote:
You do realise all of what you're saying is, and excuse me for being blunt, rubbish?

You are far from nerfed, or anywhere close to that. The current EWAR energy drain on K'Luth has been criticised from all sides (K'Luth, UGTO, and ICC), and it saddens me that you are so obscure to what is real balance that you cannot understand what we are trying to do, and feel the need to complain before anything has been touched (you don't even know how strong the EWAR effect will be).

Really annoys me when people go off on rants like this with absolutely ZERO basis, ZERO fact, and quite frankly, ZERO intelligence.

How about you test the changes and give constructive feedback next time, instead of ranting on what hasn't even been decided yet?

i said i missunderstood ther post and thought you ment ewas and have apologised and please lets not let this get personal by saying some one has zero intelligence.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-21 20:19   
Prior to the changes, EWAR affected cloak speeds. Faustus has since optimised cloak far more, and drains energy on how much its masking. Basically, cloak times are now absolutely, and nothing can effect them.

Because weapons deactivate when the ship is not targettable, targettable EWAR never has the chance to work. To fix this and to give human players a bit more balance in 'finding' and effecting K'Luth after they have handed their first strike, we decided that it was acceptable to let targettable EWAR run even when the enemy has cloaked.

Let me run through the proposal thus far:

Targettable EWAR will continue to function, even on non-targettable ships (cloaked, negative signature, etc).
Targettable EWAR will only display the activation graphic on the host ship (not on the ship it's targetting).

That's it. There is still no easy way for the enemy players to find you, all they are doing is increasing your signature on that one ship, and only that one ship. You can easily creep out of its range and have it deactivate, at which point the player knows you are somewhere outside of its activation range.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-03-21 20:27   
Quote:

On 2012-03-21 20:19, Pantheon wrote:
Prior to the changes, EWAR affected cloak speeds. Faustus has since optimised cloak far more, and drains energy on how much its masking. Basically, cloak times are now absolutely, and nothing can effect them.

Because weapons deactivate when the ship is not targettable, targettable EWAR never has the chance to work. To fix this and to give human players a bit more balance in 'finding' and effecting K'Luth after they have handed their first strike, we decided that it was acceptable to let targettable EWAR run even when the enemy has cloaked.

Let me run through the proposal thus far:

Targettable EWAR will continue to function, even on non-targettable ships (cloaked, negative signature, etc).
Targettable EWAR will only display the activation graphic on the host ship (not on the ship it's targetting).

That's it. There is still no easy way for the enemy players to find you, all they are doing is increasing your signature on that one ship, and only that one ship. You can easily creep out of its range and have it deactivate, at which point the player knows you are somewhere outside of its activation range.

thank you for clearing this up for me. i missunderstood and thought it ment ewas. i feel stupid for the eariler post cause i thought ewas was going to be able to do that. once again sorry.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-21 20:39   
im starting to see now.

What about applications of the other types of ewar? both eccm and ecm.

Maby a short guide for each one for the wiki or something?

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-21 21:47   
unless you have a dictor, all this really does is piss off the kluth ships. They jump out after they ambush, so beacons and targeted ECCM really don't matter.

I'm trying to find a useful application for the recon scout, but it's really really insignificant compared to just getting in a dread
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2012-03-21 21:48 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-21 21:55   
Quote:

Actually Jack, can we have that targetable ECCM remain on/running even after the cloaked vessel has moved out of range? Of course once I'm in range again it shouldn't automatically re-lock on to me.

I'm fine with it retaining lock on me. But I would like the human player to keep guessing whether I'm still in the area or not.

This will acheive 2 things:
- If he keeps it running, he burns energy
- The targetable ECCM cannot be used as a Kluth 'detector' but remain as it is, an EWAR device

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-21 22:13   
Quote:

On 2012-03-21 21:55, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Actually Jack, can we have that targetable ECCM remain on/running even after the cloaked vessel has moved out of range? Of course once I'm in range again it shouldn't automatically re-lock on to me.

I'm fine with it retaining lock on me. But I would like the human player to keep guessing whether I'm still in the area or not.

- The targetable ECCM cannot be used as a Kluth 'detector' but remain as it is, an EWAR device

It's possible, the moment you'd come back in range it'd have an effect on you though, that I cannot change.

Toying with giving lower hulled ships much larger ranges on targetted ecm/eccm to allow them to be more useful in fights.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-21 22:19   
Quote:

On 2012-03-21 21:55, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Less of a k'luth 'detector' and more of a 'is that k'luth that just popped up around here still'. You still have first strike advantage.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029235 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR