Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » ICC Armor / Shields
 Author ICC Armor / Shields
GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-19 21:28   
We all know that ICC is a Ranged based faction and the shields fit that role well but how often can a ship the size of a cruiser or larger not be jump by luth or ugto. so i think if you(dev's)would like too keep shields the way they are i thought about buff the composite armor. i do not want to turn ICC into a UGTO but shields do not hold up very long in a CQB engagement and our armor is not able to handle the DPS of any faction once the shields are gone we los armor very fast and our hull soon follows suit. i know this will be controversial but i just ask for an appropriate HP buff to ICC Composite armor

For shields i thought about maybe giving ICC a shield that can take alot more damage(i dont mean tank everything, maybe just against beams or a small combo of beams and core) at the cost of extreme energy use the AC and AD would really benefit from this since when an AD or AC goes in for a knife fight it come out scarred. since the AD/AC can fire a good amount of Alphas before out of energy so this shield might help them go in to a fight and not lose all there battle capability to take on the rest of a Luth or UGTO armada
the point of the post is more towards the armor suggestion.
the shield idea is just thought
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal =Devil Dog= on 2012-03-19 21:29 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-19 22:19   
ICC is more defensive now than ive ever seen them.

Trust me. This version is good. Want bad? go 2 versions back.

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-19 22:32   
Quote:

On 2012-03-19 22:19, Defiance*CO* wrote:
ICC is more defensive now than ive ever seen them.

Trust me. This version is good. Want bad? go 2 versions back.

i dont want to go 2 version back i want to go 2 version forward when all the factions get even better things. im not saying the version is bad not at all its good but u got to update. and when that happens i ask that they just add a slight Composite armor HP Buff not much too ask for espicially since u know just as well as i that icc dosent stay at range forever they cant and we need some thing to be able to have time to run or hold till backup arrives

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-19 22:35   
Im very happy with the shield armor strength of all factions at this point. The AD actually can go vs EAD's now and have a chance. This wasn't the case last patch. Good ideas, I just don't wanna see everything get all of out balance again.

[ This Message was edited by: Brutality *XO2* on 2012-03-19 22:45 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-19 23:00   

The problem with IQQ is not the shields. If you guys rotate it, you can outtank Uggies and Kluth. But ONLY if you're using similar weapons.

The problem is your weaps. You have much less damage output than the other 2 factions up close. So if you stand toe to toe with an equivalent Uggie ship and expect to last longer because you were supposed to have higher HP, then you're looking at it the wrong way.

He does way more damage. You're not gonna outlast him not because your shields/armor suck. It's because he did more damage to you over the same period of time.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-19 23:05   
Already been discussed and locked.
ICC is not meant to be in straight on fights. ICC ships have more firepower on the side and you can shoot them from much further away without damage penalties, use it.

[ This Message was edited by: Loyalty *TO* on 2012-03-19 23:06 ]

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-19 23:17   
Quote:

On 2012-03-19 21:28, Fatal =Devil Dog= wrote:
We all know that ICC is a Ranged based faction and the shields fit that role well but how often can a ship the size of a cruiser or larger not be jump by luth or ugto. so i think if you(dev's)would like too keep shields the way they are i thought about buff the composite armor. i do not want to turn ICC into a UGTO but shields do not hold up very long in a CQB engagement and our armor is not able to handle the DPS of any faction once the shields are gone we los armor very fast and our hull soon follows suit. i know this will be controversial but i just ask for an appropriate HP buff to ICC Composite armor

Composite Armor has HP roughly equivelent to UGTO Armor. The difference is about two and a half dread particle cannon salvos. Not really that much in the grand scheme of things.

otherwise, shields and weapons in general are getting a look at soon for balancing.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-19 23:40   
Quote:

On 2012-03-19 23:00, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

The problem with IQQ is not the shields. If you guys rotate it, you can outtank Uggies and Kluth. But ONLY if you're using similar weapons.

The problem is your weaps. You have much less damage output than the other 2 factions up close. So if you stand toe to toe with an equivalent Uggie ship and expect to last longer because you were supposed to have higher HP, then you're looking at it the wrong way.

He does way more damage. You're not gonna outlast him not because your shields/armor suck. It's because he did more damage to you over the same period of time.

Not trying to go out on a rabbit trail totally here, but I didn't mean close range fights. The EAD is the king in that department and I doubt that's changing anytime soon. If you stay out of beam range, the EAD loses a lot of firepower and that's where the AD shines. pretty hard to maintain range though.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-20 00:00   
2 points.

1. learn to play. A good icc player does not rely on his shields to do everything.

2. Jack has said and will probably say again that ICC shields have the highest HP and fastest recharge and they wont be getting buffed so dont bother!

Kaepora
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-20 01:00   
4 QSTs > 4 ICs at medium range.

At long range, you have them beat though. Long range is where you want to be. You're also more manueverable, and can move faster for longer (sheilds dead? turn them off. power boost) .

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-20 02:03   
Quote:

On 2012-03-19 23:05, Loyalty *TO* wrote:
Already been discussed and locked.
ICC is not meant to be in straight on fights. ICC ships have more firepower on the side and you can shoot them from much further away without damage penalties, use it.

[ This Message was edited by: Loyalty *TO* on 2012-03-19 23:06 ]

Bingo. Use the right tactic for the ship you're flying.

Fatal Afro Man *NCO*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2012-03-20 02:37   
Shields/armor are perfect imo, fly your ship better.

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-20 07:21   
Shields and armor for ICC is fine this patch, quit whineing you dont know how good you guys got it.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Page created in 0.032150 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR