No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Limitations on Enh stacking
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Limitations on Enh stacking
Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-22 14:36   
i agree. ships need to be penalised in some way for having 48% boosts in one area, even if its only half the value of the ENH.

eg:

ship has 48% + damage
ship has -24% health

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-22 15:19   
What if enhancements decayed through usage, and not by death?

For example, a beam cooler would last for X amount of damage, defense enhancements would decay as you take damage, engine enhancements would decay depending on your speed and turning.

so you get some enhancements for your beams, maybe it will last for several hundred battles before being used up.

Death will not make them lose any durability.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-22 15:42   
how does this fix anything?

.... lots of coding.. not alot of reward

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-03-22 16:03   
I stoped reading after Geja posted but really i think ehn are fine you mess with them your ruining the game stop QQ ehn are fine dont need any limits it doesnt already have shut up and go suggest something eles that wont piss me off. Your prob just mad cuz i prob tanked you with my +10% Def and +22% Beam damage EAD Hehehe iv killed lotta luth latly with this thing ,any how this dumb idea Move on nothing to read Next Suggestion please!!

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-03-22 16:35   
i guilty of using all def +%6 on my hive which makes it tank and have seen others the same way. never thought much of it but pondering the idea it makes sense to limit them to say 4 of one type. this will not unbalnce any thing and will make game play a lil more challenging instead of i sit here and shoot you over and over. also newer player that dont yet understand the game as much as us vets do will be able to stay in game a lil longer and may prevent them from being agravated to the point of quiting before they learn the game. yes it will piss of some but any changes to the game never makes everyone happy. i think the durabilty is fine like it is plus if you limit it to 4 of one type then players wont be able to tank as long and maybe die faster wich will make players buy more and increase revenue. if you look at it from a newbs side, running across all def +%48 you start to shoot it and it does nothing but verry little damage then the player thinks man i cant go up against that then gets agravated and quits or stays in scenerio. just a thought.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO*

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-22 17:01   
Why can't you guys find some other thing for credits instead of a /buy win?

Maybe a faction that can be flown if you pay credits, or special equipment that is different, but still balanced.

But a flat 48% overall boost? All that does is make players who are already good, completely unstoppable :/

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-22 17:10   
i iz unstoppable?

last i checked i died like all the rest.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-22 17:48   
Quote:

On 2012-03-22 17:10, Defiance*CO* wrote:
i iz unstoppable?

last i checked i died like all the rest.

You may have died, yes, but I totally refused to play in metaverse until the finally fixed the resource bug because I got so sick of running into heavily enhanced ships that I had no chance against. Trust me, it is really frustrating, especially since scenario has been effectively rendered useless (no one is on to teach the noobs anyway) and thus all noobs will go straight to the metaverse. I still rage alot silently because of the widespread use of enhancements (take died's hive for example - I can't fight it alone in anything), but I know how to use teamwork and construction and advanced tactics to cirumvent the extreme enhancements. These aren't things a noob would know.

As far as actually limiting stacking I think that the enhancements should just have drawbacks. If people want to put all defense on let them - just penalize them alot.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-22 18:32   
We've always talked about 2% or so of an enhancement having a negative effect (-2% power drain +8% damage).

Unfortunately there's never been an absolute 'yes, lets do that!' decision made because it is important to the livelihood of DarkSpace, and we don't want to piss players off with the change.

If we do change enhancements, we will likely remove the removal cost for a week or so.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-03-22 19:43   
Quote:

On 2012-03-22 17:01, Fluttershy wrote:
Maybe a faction that can be flown if you pay credits, or special equipment that is different, but still balanced.

I'd totally spend 10k credits to play as a Pirate. I'd spend my entire stock of 27k if it came with a Frigate like the ones the RR elites have.

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-22 20:23   
Here is something I bet none of you think of.

Bait and Switch laws, since people are paying for enhancments as they are now changing what those paid for enh's do/work would be bait and switch. I paid for one thing and now you are changing it making it less or different then what I paid for.

Just a thought since people are now buying these things with real money.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-22 21:10   
way to take it to the next level...

as this game is always changing, and not always for the better, i think your bait and switch laws dont apply here

All online games are constinatly evolving. The product you paid for 1 year ago may not be anything of the same today.

Your paying for the right to use. Not rights to. per say.

PALESTAR MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET PORTIONS OF, THE DARKSPACE GAME SYSTEM OR CONTENT. THIS MAY INCLUDE, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO: CHANGES IN RANK STRUCTURE, CHANGES IN SHIP OR EQUIPMENT, OR A PROFILE RESET RESULTING IN DATA LOSS.
PALESTAR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME, GIVING THE APPLICANT REASONABLE NOTIFICATION OF SUCH AMENDMENTS AND MAKING THEM AVAILABLE TO THE APPLICANT IN THEIR ENTIRETY. APPLICANT AGREES TO MAKE ALL REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ASCERTAIN ANY SUCH AMENDMENTS AND MAY TERMINATE HIS OR HER ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME IF HE OR SHE FINDS THE AMENDMENTS UNACCEPTABLE. PALESTAR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY THE TERMS OF ANY SUBSCRIPTION AGREEMENT FOR SERVICE OR SERVICES IN RELATION TO THE DARKSPACE GAME SYSTEM OR CONTENT. UNDER THESE CIRCUMSTANCES, PALESTAR IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO OFFER ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION FOR SUCH CANCELLATION.

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance*CO* on 2012-03-22 21:15 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-03-22 21:58   
Quote:

On 2012-03-22 20:23, -Daedalus- wrote:

Bait and Switch laws, since people are paying for enhancments as they are now changing what those paid for enh's do/work would be bait and switch. I paid for one thing and now you are changing it making it less or different then what I paid for.

Quote:

On 2012-03-13 07:36, Talien wrote:
I'd imagine most people will be pissed (and rightly so) if what they paid for is suddenly not doing what it was advertised as doing at the time they paid for it, so changing the enh themselves is probably not the best idea. Just limiting it to, say, 24-25% to any one stat would probably be better.

Yes, other f2p games change things all the time, but other games can get away with doing it simply because for every person who ragequits over it more sign up and spend money.

You lost your bet, what do I win?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-22 22:18   
Quote:

On 2012-03-22 18:32, Pantheon wrote:
We've always talked about 2% or so of an enhancement having a negative effect (-2% power drain +8% damage).

Unfortunately there's never been an absolute 'yes, lets do that!' decision made because it is important to the livelihood of DarkSpace, and we don't want to piss players off with the change.

If we do change enhancements, we will likely remove the removal cost for a week or so.

As mentioned below....

Quote:

On 2012-03-22 21:58, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-03-22 20:23, -Daedalus- wrote:

Quote:

On 2012-03-13 07:36, Talien wrote:
I'd imagine most people will be pissed (and rightly so) if what they paid for is suddenly not doing what it was advertised as doing at the time they paid for it, so changing the enh themselves is probably not the best idea. Just limiting it to, say, 24-25% to any one stat would probably be better.

Yes, other f2p games change things all the time, but other games can get away with doing it simply because for every person who ragequits over it more sign up and spend money.

You lost your bet, what do I win?

Adding negative effects to enh will probably not be well received. These two have said that they paid 800 for a +6% enh without negative impacts. Adding a -2% or -3% per enh will only make ppl rage about being nerfed, or their purchases being devalued.

I agree with Died2K that a max 4-stack limit would do the job.

You get +24% enh max on any one type. And no one can QQ because their enh are still worth what they paid. It's only the stacking (ship attributes) that has changed... not the enh themselves. No one gets shortchanged! Go spend the other 4 slots on another type of blue enh.

Now you can put together a +24% weap/beam multi and +24% def enh ship. You ain't uber powerful, nor an uber tank anymore... but you're not exactly weak either.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.027489 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR