No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » #KONY 2012
 Author #KONY 2012
Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 03:46   
Please Share this, search Kony 2012 on youtube, please spread the world and make Joseph Kony known

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 04:04   
until december on the 31st i will be taking the name Kony 2012 to advertise and to remind people of the war that no one knows about, my former name is painfulangel

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 04:05   
http://youtu.be/Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-09 04:49   
i actually found some stickers in the city here as welll...now i know what they stand for.

to bad killing/capuring 1 person wont solve anything. there a rebels and cults in every country, just one country is better at containing these uprisings then others. one country has more favourable conditions for ppl to rebel, then others.

Killing or capturing Kony will make his 2nd in command take over. dispersing his armies will create scattered groups of rebels, each spreading their beliefs, raising their numbers again etc.

for the killing an exploiting to stop, the conditions of the country should change. A person is just someone who fills in the gaps of the structure that exist in that country. In europe, a person would be a working man, a cleaner, a regulator. In Africa that person would be a soldier, a rebel, a farmer.

giving money to build 10 water wells isnt going to fix that problem. only thing we can do is go to one part of the land, fix everything there, and only thn move on. A bastion of civilization, that can show the surroundings an alternative of living. Then, from that bastion, civilization (modern civilization) can spread. Once within the new bastion, conditions for the people within are more favourable for trade and labor, less favourable for war and pillage.

blaming one person for the actions of thousands because he "forces" them is hard to believe. There must alrdy have been some prior motivation to the ppl that follow his orders. therefor, i like to state again: capturing one person wont change much.

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 04:58   
You would be surprised what one person can do, and when there are many others there endless possablities, even if we have to force the american goverment to goto africa and end it themselves, its unhumain to not to do anything.

If wiping out the entire LRA commanders is needed then that is what has to be done, if they all have to come and meet justice and goto prison then so be it, a hundread must die for a thousand to live right, why should the american goverment not care about this issue, clearly the ammount of support that is going on is raising the awearness of this issue and is making the unseen seen. eventually the american goverment will see that and will hopefully send more troops to africa....

There are many people in Australia that are supporting this, myself included... Kony 2012 is not isollated in america, it has spread and people in all countries have heard and are willing to stand up to there goverment to stop this inhumin act and bring peace, to stop joseph kony we all have to unite and speard the word. Not to say that theres no point, when there is clearly a valid point to do this, to give hope to the african children and adults, to give them a future, so they wont be scared to sleep, so they wont be scared that they will be killed by their own children.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-09 05:19   
in principal, you are the same as KONY, just your endgoal is different.

Kony wants to make a living, he does that by talking to people, thereby convincing them to join his fight for the greater cause. When people fight for him, they tend to believe that what they do is right. Kony is a person, who cinvinced other persons to kill people.

Now lets see what you are doing: You call in for support so that we can go in there and kill them all. Why? because u dont agree with the Kony group. U do not agree with the tools utilized to fight with. But you have to agree that Africa is a different culture, where fighting happens in a less "sophisticated" way by using young soldiers, simply because the older ones are alrdy dead.

Kony has a belief (i donno what it is yet Kony himself hasnt stated that part because there hasnt been an interview with any western journalist) and fights for it. You have a belief and want to fight against Kony. Kony lives there in Uganda, lived there a longtime, grew up there, knows how the culture and system and tribes etc work. You are from Australia, you come from a different culture. Yes, if children in Australia where abducted and firing AK47 3 days later it would be all over the news, but thats just because nothing much happens in Australia. If every day 20% of the children get AK47, it would no longer be newsworthy.

We all use whatever we can get to survive. In a place where the farmers are starving, the fisherman cant fish, and the government has lost its influence, i can imagine a rebellion uprising. If you have nothing, and about to die because of hunger, i can imagine they kill other people to steal their food. If the government is unable to help the poeple in food, water and safety issues, howcome the government is able to fight the rebels? Isnt that strange...?

Dont kill KONY, build a bastion of civilization right in his face and ask him to lead it. He has shown very good leadership skills alrdy by surviving this long. Once conditions change, the will to kill fades away, up to the lvl of a well nourished western inhabitant.

What im saying is that poeple start wars because of culture clashes more then any other reason. By saying "i dont like their ways, lets kill em all" you actually contributing to the issue.....

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-09 05:21   
i do agree shooting people is horrible, and children firing AK47 shouldnt be happening. But in general most people are the same. we love, we hate. we eat, we sleep. Its your surroundings and experiences that determine a big part of who you are. So if someone seems to be a cruel murderer...there's usually a bigger story that hasnt been told yet. I want to hear KONY speak!

Painfulangel
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-09 06:46   
Watch the video, you will understand, they make them kill their own parents, mutilate them, he forces the to, they dont want to but if they try to escape they get kill, girls are used as sex slave. Natives of africa would rather die that live with that, they dont want a future if the lra is in, the real ICC has put a list , with Joseph Kony ranking number 1 . this needs to be stopped, and i am asking for people to support this, put it on facebook or whatever. You should watch the video first though, then you will understand completely

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-09 07:08   
http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Yellyphish on 2012-03-09 07:30 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-09 07:09   
Quote:

On 2012-03-09 04:04, #KONY 2012 wrote:
until december on the 31st

By that time the craze will be long over.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-03-09 07:14   
Quote:

giving money to build 10 water wells isnt going to fix that problem. only thing we can do is go to one part of the land, fix everything there, and only thn move on. A bastion of civilization, that can show the surroundings an alternative of living. Then, from that bastion, civilization (modern civilization) can spread. Once within the new bastion, conditions for the people within are more favourable for trade and labor, less favourable for war and pillage.

Really? How many times have we(referring to the western nations) gone somewhere, 'fixed' it, and left people worse off then they were?

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-09 08:19   
its because of the difference in culture. the way we fix it isnt always the way they like to see it fixed. usually people will try to re-establisch their own culture in the powergap that follows. The only people who know how to fight, are the soldiers and the rebels, hence, the conflict begins again.

the only way is to stay there in an advisory role. let both the rebels and the governed state exist as they like and compromize in between hasnt worked, you have to show the people what is the best way, and persist to show that for at least 2 generations before the changes can be noticed. Its hard to change a mind ones it is set, but the youth are the ones that will change things.

yes ive seen the movie. I think the people called rebels will tell the same stories about government troops. usually its a cultural or tribal clash. A story cannot be fully told by only one side. Its just that we humans feel its easier to just pick a side and go with it.

killing KONY wont solve the problem, but it will make a lot of people feel better. Persisting in building up a country for 2 generations is something thats needed. lets face it with all the money sent u might ask where it goes... why have some people buildt up a society with water flow and elektricity, and others decided not to? because they didnt feel its important. They say development is inevitable. all over the planet people get the same ideas. So the ideas of some western person must have sparked in someone else's mind. Just in that culture the idea was less acceptable. if we want to change things, we need to chnage culture first. This is what America and the western world is doing now: were waging a cultural war. only after the world has agreed on one culture out of the meltingpot, can we focus on one world empire of peace, sp that we can focus on space next. these are all steps in human evoltution that need to be taken. U see why it "isnt in the interest of the UNited States" (quote from the movie) to attack and kill KONY? Its better to win cultural wars elssewhere and the US simply dont have the money. thats why they only send 100 troops in an advisory role, teaching the Uganda forces to fight like an American, u see?

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-03-09 14:54   
Quote:
The Rules of Conduct said:
3.1.5 Venue-Specific Behaviour

e. Debate or argument of political opinions or points of view is expressly forbidden.
It is a tried and true fact that any argument over politics will unavoidably become political. Political debates, while they can be controlled by their opposing sides to a respectable, allowable degree, are often little more than flame wars between the two different points of view. This is a degrading state of the Lobby and it will be prevented.

Page created in 0.019300 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR