No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » [1.672] Feedback & Bugs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
 Author [1.672] Feedback & Bugs
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-04 10:18   
Manies and gentlegirls, it's that time again!

1.672 has been released, and we'd very much appreciate your feedback and bug reports. Please check this post before replying to see if your issue is known.

We only want feedback and bug reports, everything else will be deleted.

Current known issues:

• Problems with oribiting planets
  • Issues with the self-sustainability of planets // fix in works.

[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-03-05 14:56 ]

seyyah
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-04 10:30   
idk it's just me but new "shot evading" AIs thend to forget how to navigate their sihps and become sitting ducks more than their older siblings or end up hugging planets often than old version. i saw AIs diving into planets while desperately trying to evade bullets with some funny maneuvers, like swinging to right-left but still moving on the same vector.
but they now act more smartly when receiving orders and returning fire but jsut navigation sytem have some problems in my opinion.
about elites why Rufus using b-27 bombers... wouldnt it be better if he uses a-32s(was it?) because he lacks firepower once he had and now it just like saying "come get me! im free prestige for you!". i think Dixe could get another ship than minelayer or could it possible for ICC to have a crusier elite?

former Roukanken

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-04 11:47   
Yeah icc has always had a disadvantage in elites, im glad it was evened out with rufus being nerfed but i think u guys downgraded him too much. Also i seem(in my 7 odd months of playing) to have completely missed all etities, when will there be gaifens or other entities?

Email Alzek15
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-04 12:31   

I jumped in about 600+ gus and abt 7 gu/s from a planet. Then i targetted the planet and hit O to orbit. The ship slowed to a halt 500+ GUs from the planet and stayed there, not orbiting.

I tried again, speeding up to about 4 GUs, then targetting the planet and hitting O. The ship turned to the planet and slowed to a halt, still out of orbital range.

Only once I got in real close, under 300 GUs, did O work.

Anyone else got this? Or is it just me?

-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-04 12:37   

My feedback is do we really need audio prompts when changing screens and pressing keys?

Maybe put in options to disable unwanted sounds.

Executioner
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-04 15:21   
i noticed the lag mostly near icc elites.... maybe theres something special on them?

Email Executioner   Goto the website of Executioner
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2012-03-04 16:06   
had same issue kenny...was REALLY aggrevating

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-04 21:55   
Removed ICC shield hit effect due to it rendering a zillion times when hit.

Deth *CO2*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-03-04 22:25   
Quote:

On 2012-03-04 21:55, Pantheon wrote:
Removed ICC shield hit effect due to it rendering a zillion times when hit.

THANK YOU!

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-03-05 00:28   
Taking damage from planetary defenses isn't disabling OOC mode.

I was unable to launch from anywhere else after spawning in Rogen's Rift, no planets anywhere else showed as having a SY until I completely logged out from the game then logged back in. The same thing happened when I spawned in Cass, but spawning in Sag seems to give no problems with trying to spawn anywhere else afterward.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2012-03-05 01:14 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-05 04:08   
When the gadgets of Siphon get damaged, the repairing progress appear on the same line with other gadget, therefore hide them.
Illustration:
Normal:
  1. [gadget][gadget]...[gadget]
  2. [gadget][gadget]...[gadget]
  3. [gadget][gadget]...[gadget]
  4. [gadget][gadget]...[gadget]
  5. [gadget][gadget]...[gadget]

Damaged:
  1. [damaged progress][damaged progress][gadget][gadget]...[gadget]

The repairing cell is troublesome when I need to know whether the gadget is active or not, especially when it's ECM, cloak, etc...
In the past, the repairing cell is higher and doesn't hide any gadget. In this version, it does. Is it a visual bug?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-05 04:31   
Quote:

On 2012-03-05 04:08, chlorophyll wrote:
When the gadgets of Siphon get damaged, the repairing progress appear on the same line with other gadget, therefore hide them.
Illustration:
Normal:
  1. [gadget][gadget]...[gadget]

Damaged:
  1. [damaged progress][damaged progress][gadget][gadget]...[gadget]

The repairing cell is troublesome when I need to know whether the gadget is active or not, especially when it's ECM, cloak, etc...
In the past, the repairing cell is higher and doesn't hide any gadget. In this version, it does. Is it a visual bug?

My feedback:

Is it possible to not display the percentage of the gadget, or reposition it at the top of the list?

Gadget icons have their own positions on your display, so why not simply just highlight them red, leaving them where they are, and then have a red bar that fills up the gadget box from left to right to represent percentage/condition.

Should the gadget fall below 50% (the point where it ceases to function), turn the icon to black/grey to indicate that it is out of commission. Once it gets back to 50%, turn it red again.

Why this? Because regular pilots of the ship will know which weaps and gadgets are functioning based on the position of the icon. One glance tells you everything.

Actually I have another proposal, and that is to render gadgets that reach zero irreparable until you reach an SY and dock the ship, or orbit a depot planet. This is to represent a total replacement of the gadget. Supp plats shd not be able to replace the gadget.

A destroyed gadget will simply have its icon blacked out on the display.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2012-03-05 04:36 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-05 06:23   
Quote:

On 2012-03-04 12:31, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

I jumped in about 600+ gus and abt 7 gu/s from a planet. Then i targetted the planet and hit O to orbit. The ship slowed to a halt 500+ GUs from the planet and stayed there, not orbiting.

I tried again, speeding up to about 4 GUs, then targetting the planet and hitting O. The ship turned to the planet and slowed to a halt, still out of orbital range.

Only once I got in real close, under 300 GUs, did O work.

Anyone else got this? Or is it just me?

i had this problem as well, think it was the brief moment i tried a station again. i press o to orbit a planet, the ship slows down to 0 speed but doesnt orbit, also distance was 700 gu. i speed up and slow down again, retry, speed up and press o again, nothing.

it keeps braking to 0 speed before it reaches its orbit distance, then doesnt correct itself. Seems like the orbit formula gets stuck there and ur ship just stay there near the planet.

then, when i get withing 300 gu, when i press o, the station slows down to 0 like before, but this time at the end of the process im in orbit.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-03-05 07:01   
Quote:

On 2012-03-05 04:08, chlorophyll wrote:

This has always happened on ships that have a lot of gadgets, and I believe the ship refactoring has given most ships more gadgets so this will happen more often.

TL;DR: Yeah, known issue.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-03-05 13:51   

Add ECM to the list.

It's bugged for sure. If you're cloaked, and you turn on your ECM, every AI in the area is gonna shoot at you.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021897 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR