No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [1.672] Pre-release shakedown
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author [1.672] Pre-release shakedown
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-02 13:56   
Quote:
On 2012-03-02 09:37, Pantheon wrote:
Not quite sure where the misunderstanding is coming from

My first question is what Allegiance does?

Today, after some uncompromising bombing, I had some interesting experience.

There are 3 case studies during the bombing: a terran and two barren.

The terran had 3 hydrid II. I bombed it until its pop was under 40. Mantles, barracks, cotex, variance stopped, but hydrids II and dico kept functioning! Although the sum of PD from 3 hydrid II was 3% but it's still incredible! You can't believe this one month ago. I didn't capture it, but its recovery thanks to being terran made it very annoying.

The first barren had 6 offense II and 2 Biosphere. I bombed it until its pop was under 40. 2 of 6 offense II still worked. But I managed to capture it after bombing all barracks. 1 hour later, it did not recover, it alarmed again and again about its poorness. Damn!

The second barren with 3 automated farm and no def, only mantles & factories was also bombed until its pop was under 40. It recovered fully after a short period of time.

I have come to a conclusion.
Quote:
Structures can no longer be paused unless they take a resource that has a shortage (Workers,Food,Power). Planets runs a check every 60 seconds to see if structures can be put back on given that the planet has no more shortages of the type they drain.
Structures are now linearly efficient if the tech level drops lower then what they require

Dome is the only structure that you can pause. Not sure if this is a bug.

Both of these features create a very different stable ability of kinds of planet. All types with high pop potential, exclude barren, are very difficult to capture. They can recover to full gradually. Barren, on the opposite, may never come back if it doesn't grow upon Automated Farm. When 1.672 comes to live, people should build only automated farm on barren.

I admit that I dislike the pausing prohibit. But the linearly efficient level is excellent. Offense II now has a chance to perform long lasting. Though, I keep my perspective that Hydrid II is a better choice: lower pop, lower tech, lower power, higher PD.

Oh and AI wisdom increases a lot! Imagine the day all players quit this game, the existence of NPC definitely maintains this game as if it's alive!

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-03-02 18:30   
Updated planet allegiance to affect other planetary systems (as detailed in the dev log).

Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-03 16:04   
the update that has just been implemented is the one that aux shields get a 300% boost? could u post the excel file like last time plis! TY!

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-03-03 16:47   
the defense changes were removed for this version, so the answer to your question is no. Those changes will be added in sometime later after I rework them.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-03-03 16:55   
I keep getting lockups in the middle of the game for no apparent reason. Not sure why it keeps happening, I did install a 6990m in place of my 460m and it could have something to do with the drivers, but idk.

[ This Message was edited by: Corrupting Brutality on 2012-03-03 17:42 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.015182 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR