No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » [1.672] Pre-release shakedown
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author [1.672] Pre-release shakedown
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-22 21:26   
Manies and gentlegirls, it's that time again!

If you could all spare as much time as possible getting into beta and testing the various new changes and giving feedback, we'd be mightly grateful!

Off-topic and non-constructive replies will be deleted, with repeat offenders earning themselves a forum ban. We want this to be as good as it can be, with the content in there and being changed.

This is not the place to ask "is this going to be changed?" - we only want feedback on beta in its current form and the changes currently in there.

Current known issues:

• None

[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-02-28 21:15 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-22 22:41   
in beta i cannot swap ew moduels.

is this a global issue or only me?

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-02-22 23:02   
not sure where to post this in beta disscusion. ship used: ugto bd. test: power consumpsion. moving 0 speed i could alpha as long as i wanted to. traeveling at 8 speed i could alpha continuosly in battle with out any concern of power loss, never running out of power.

not sure if it has been changed any in beta since i dont play ugto.

icc is pretty much like ugto on power usage going to test kluth next

kluth stills gulps energy. lol . not sure if any of this was changed so this post could be a non issue. sorry if it is and you can remove it if need be.

[ This Message was edited by: Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* on 2012-02-23 01:11 ]

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Nightsabre
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-23 00:06   
Quote:

On 2012-02-22 22:41, Defiance{CM7} wrote:

I found that ECCM -> ECM or ECM -> ECCM was only changeable if you go to Longwave variants first.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-23 06:15   
K'luth

the follow command feels upgraded with more intelligence, i tried to crash a talon scout into the sun ( van Maanen) by pressing "f" on a manual point behind the sun, but the scout kept turning slighty next to the sun, short jump, then plot the big route safely. good job! I wonder if same could be done for the orbit command....

i can confirm dictors dont work, i didnt even get the red text with "jumpdrive disabled". in a cluster of dictors. They did show the field in f2 window.

when trying to make ai crash into planet (hehe), i notcied a new problem: The ai tranny suddenly got repaired real fast, OOC ring went active. i think that is strange since i was shooting and hitting that ship, but also because the ai tranny was shooting and hitting me back. How can a ship be out of combat when it hits and gets hit...? also i noticed an ai lose its ooc ring when i crawled near it cloaked. the ooc ring came back after i went out of 150 gu range of the ai 5 sec later. i never uncloaked....

When comparing ahr of small ships and bigger ships, seems ahr rate has been adapted to ship size. AHR repairs a destroyer back to 100% same speed as it reps a dreadnought.

the OOC ring is pretty hard to see on ships because its just one thin line. if the ooc ring could be composed of 2 white lines it should be easier to see without zooming in so far on myself. seeing the ring on enemy ships is even harder, especially small ships because the red diamond gets in the way

cloaking feels fine, it does force a short jump instead of cloaking at 0 energy on big ships that alpha when they only got 10 energy left...havent been able to test cloak with loads of sensor plat bases around

ICC testing

OOC: skirmish shields are twice as fast in recharge time then actives, actives are 4% faster in recharge then reactives (from 0-100 actives at 100 where reactives at 96).

END of testing

[ This Message was edited by: Teddybear on 2012-02-23 06:52 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-23 14:14   
Projectiles no longer have trails (good thing) and are impossible to see unless you're almost fully zoomed in (bad thing).

AI seem to be able to activate OOC mode at will, I've had several AI start repairing at a ridiculous rate while I'm shooting them.

AI dodge fire from their target just fine but if anyone else is shooting at them they seem totally oblivious.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2012-02-23 17:16   
Quote:

On 2012-02-22 23:02, Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO* wrote:
not sure where to post this in beta disscusion. ship used: ugto bd. test: power consumpsion. moving 0 speed i could alpha as long as i wanted to. traeveling at 8 speed i could alpha continuosly in battle with out any concern of power loss, never running out of power.

UGTO Battle dread partical cannons use almost no noticable energy also the QST also use little energy only apon firing them but that power will recharge fast the only real power consumer on the battle dread is it's beams so yes it can almost continue fire. Im currently using and un EHN BD atm and yes the only thing draining my power is its beams but other then that power consuption is almost non. But im not complaining

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-24 10:33   
Quote:

On 2012-02-23 00:06, Nightsabre wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-22 22:41, Defiance{CM7} wrote:

I found that ECCM -> ECM or ECM -> ECCM was only changeable if you go to Longwave variants first.

Swapping to ECCM or ECM switches the types, so to swap to Longave ECCM, you need to swap to ECCM first. I'll look at changing this though.

The modules themselves have been fixes though, so you can swap to them now.

For those interested, the OOC bug has been fixed and has been pushed to beta. ECM/ECCM upgrade paths will be updated in the next update.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2012-02-24 10:34 ]

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-24 16:12   
UGTO battle dreads use about 0 power when they fire, even at speed.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-24 18:00   
Nothing has changed with power drain.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-24 19:58   

I had a go at Beta abt 6 hrs back.
Everything seems ok.

I managed to make an AI collide into a planet because I ordered it to defend me as I entered a cluster. Guess they're still a bit daft in some ways.

The dico is still bugged right? AI ships were still able to jump in a dico field. I attacked one while he was around my planet and he made a jump out.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-02-25 14:58   
so when are good times to test in beta. i dont mind testing but not sure when things have been changed to retest.

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-26 00:17   
  1. Can't set barrack to train normal inf or heavy inf.
  2. Thin white ring is really hard to see. Sometimes I believe I see the white ring but I can't log into SY.
  3. Luth signature changes frequently while cloaking with ECM on.
  4. Structures doesn't pause even when the technology falls below their requirement.
  5. While being built, platform receives resource but doesn't add it to its own resource when complete.
  6. I bombed a planet with SY without capturing & deactivating any structures. 6 hours later I came back, that planet hasn't fully recover.
  7. Hive requires 101 technology.
  8. AI often jumps into planet in emergency case.

[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-02-26 09:48 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-26 19:28   
Quote:

On 2012-02-26 00:17, chlorophyll wrote:
Thin white ring is really hard to see. Sometimes I believe I see the white ring but I can't log into SY.

Will look into making this better somehow. We did have a timer in the top right, but Faustus removed it because it looked tacky. If anyone has a suggestion...

Quote:

Structures doesn't pause even when the technology falls below their requirement.

Intended - check the dev log for more details.

Quote:

Can't set barrack to train normal inf or heavy inf.

Bug due to the above change.

Quote:

Hive requires 101 technology.

Fixed!

The others are most likely caused by latency issues with beta being on a much, much slower server than release.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-02-26 21:37   
Quote:

On 2012-02-26 19:28, Pantheon wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-26 00:17, chlorophyll wrote:
Thin white ring is really hard to see. Sometimes I believe I see the white ring but I can't log into SY.

Will look into making this better somehow. We did have a timer in the top right, but Faustus removed it because it looked tacky. If anyone has a suggestion...

put a glowing light where the combat timer once was. make it glow green when out of combat, and red (man your battlestations) when in combat.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023431 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR