No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +8.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » New Shield Changes 2: Electric Boogaloo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author New Shield Changes 2: Electric Boogaloo
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-20 13:58   
  • 7069 seconds to fully repair an UGTO station certainly freezes the spirit of battle. Most of the time I join UGTO, we often have very long chat between fights just because of albative. Our leisure time are precious and limited, hence we should shorten break between battles.
  • Switch AHR for Chitin means swapping a self-repair gadget for a genuine armor. They will question their choice when their Chitin regen damn slowly during cloak.

[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-02-22 05:16 ]

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-20 14:49   
I think the slow recovery doesn't take in mind the effect of repair modules on a Station; ICC recovery is deliberately higher as they cannot hasten this process except by the new OoC mechanic. UGTO and K'Luth, however, can hasten the recovery speed of their armour by existing in-game mechanics.

Taking these things into account, and considering that present Ablative Armour regen is 0, reconsider whether Ablative Armour should have its major disadvantage removed entirely. I'm not saying your proposal is wrong, but I think it can be improved by observing the above and taking it into consideration.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-20 15:05   
Quote:

On 2012-02-20 14:49, Gesellschaft wrote:
I think the slow recovery doesn't take in mind the effect of repair modules on a Station; ICC recovery is deliberately higher as they cannot hasten this process except by the new OoC mechanic. UGTO and K'Luth, however, can hasten the recovery speed of their armour by existing in-game mechanics.

Repair repairs by a set amount, it's not related to the repair value listed for the armor

Quote:

Taking these things into account, and considering that present Ablative Armour regen is 0, reconsider whether Ablative Armour should have its major disadvantage removed entirely. I'm not saying your proposal is wrong, but I think it can be improved by observing the above and taking it into consideration.

The change from zero to 20 repair per second is practically nothing. It's the difference about 1200 health total over a minute. That's about half a single particle cannon at maximum range, which is very very small.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-20 17:09   
Repairs repairing by a set amount still increase overall recovery speed Frob.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-20 20:39   
Tried Active/Skim shields. i like the Skim there nice and seam to work well on the smaller more dodge capable ships.
Active is still good.
and AUTO RECHARGE!

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-20 23:25   
Please remove this post. It's a mistake.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-02-22 04:35 ]

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-21 04:03   
I think ELF counts as an EMP weapon. Don't quote me on it though.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-21 11:25   
ELF is it's own weapon catergory: WEAPON_ELF. Armor *does not* block elf damage, only shields do. This is why elf is far more effective against UGTO then ICC.

Also, the elf beam deals no real damage since the damage it deals is used to calculate how much energy it drains (I think).

GunsOfHonor
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-21 12:17   
I've Spent a good time in beta testing out the skirmishing shields and the concept is very strong it needs to be a little bit stronger overall i feel when i was trying to kill ai and some players the kinetic weapons still did quite a bit to my ship (Strike Cruiser). and when a luth parasite jumped me his lasers took down my entire front Shield and all my armor and hull to 56%. so i know it's for Long range but if the enemy jumps you and your shields and armor drops before you can react i feel it needs a slight buff against that. It does do quite well against range targets which i really like overall i like the concept

-(kha-ti the silent watcher)-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-21 12:21   
Quote:

On 2012-02-21 11:25, Fattierob wrote:
ELF is it's own weapon catergory: WEAPON_ELF. Armor *does not* block elf damage, only shields do. This is why elf is far more effective against UGTO then ICC.

Also, the elf beam deals no real damage since the damage it deals is used to calculate how much energy it drains (I think).

so against icc the elf beams suck up more shields then energy?

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-21 14:29   
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 12:21, kha-ti the silent watcher wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-02-21 11:25, Fattierob wrote:

so against icc the elf beams suck up more shields then energy?

I recall Pantheon said that ELF draws energy from shield more than anything else. Since shield is purely energy, ELF truly damages ICC. Unlike UGTO - energy is not a matter, energy is much more important for ICC. So far I may say ELF is more effective against ICC than UGTO.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-21 15:31   
Allright, let me explain a bit in detail. Armor can deflect certain types of weapon damage. as of right now, Armor cannot deflect ELF damage, but shields can deflect ELF damage.

When a ship is inflicted damage, it first checks to see if the shields can deflect the damage, then the armor. With a UGTO ship, only armor exists, and armor cannot deflect ELF damage. So the ship would take hull damage from the ELF weapon and get drained energy.

Now, since shields can deflect an ELF beam and I don't see anything in the shield's deflect code about elfs draining the shield energy to give back to the ship ... I believe you are mistaken.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-21 16:28   
Quote:

[*]Alternative weapon in same category are count one to make things synchronous. In my opinion, mixing types of weapon often results troublesome when clicking spacebar

I hope that you mean press.

Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-21 16:53   
Do you have any estimation regarding the date of the release?

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-21 21:55   
dear chlorophyl

dont you UGTO buddies have like 10 stations each? seriously.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029981 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR