No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Battle Stations
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Battle Stations
Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 06:24   
Has anyone ever considered how much more useful bttle stations would be if they had their factions respective cannons instead of like 20 lasers.

Email Alzek15
The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2012-02-03 06:43   

as if 6-8 weren't enough >.>

[ This Message was edited by: The Fridge on 2012-02-03 06:44 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2012-02-03 08:19   
think he meant cannons, not core weapons

stations have place for loooooooots of cannons, if they lost their beams. they would easily beat all the cannon dreads. and if they retain their superawesome core weps, they would be fear-incarnations for all admiral aspirants

also, compare 20 heavy cannons, and as many as 100 projectiles being tracked by dearest server; with 20 beams which dont cause much lag.

but i do wish that ugto and icc weapon stations get some measure of medium range cannon power. its kinda "not fair" to the kluth nest if the enemy has almost equal beam damage and better defenses.

so...
+1 to BattleStat receiving half a dozen, and LineStat receiving a dozen, heavy cannons

and someone pls give devs reason to make kluth disruptor beams stronger and remove some range weapons from luth big ships

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-03 08:44   
lets make stations even more over powered, and widely used. that sounds like a wonderful idea

Email Borgie
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-03 11:12   
Quote:
On 2012-02-03 06:24, Alzek15 wrote:
Has anyone ever considered how much more useful bttle stations would be if they had their factions respective cannons instead of like 20 lasers.

Yup.
Has anyone ever considered how much more useful support/command station would be if they had supply/building drone instead of like 8 missles/fighters? Oh, and name your station I love PEACE.
How wonderful they are!

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 14:08   
You dont have to replace all the lasers(cuz then u would have no pd) just some of them so battle stations dont have to get up close to EADs or Siphons to fight them, cuz they'll probably lose that fight.

Email Alzek15
jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 14:36   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 08:19, Compromisery wrote:
+1 to BattleStat receiving half a dozen, and LineStat receiving a dozen, heavy cannons

exactly what i was thinking but lets not leave kluth out of the picture. lets give them something. i know kluth is a short ranged faction but it wont hurt to pet some cannons on their nest (unless they have some already, i've really gotten screwed after the layout changes).

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-03 14:54   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 14:36, jimjim578 wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 08:19, Compromisery wrote:

exactly what i was thinking but lets not leave kluth out of the picture. lets give them something. i know kluth is a short ranged faction but it wont hurt to pet some cannons on their nest (unless they have some already, i've really gotten screwed after the layout changes).

The battle station(layout) is supposed to be close range only. if we add cannons, we will be back where we were with stat spamming again because it would easily be the best thing to fly for mid/close range. -_-

Alzek15
Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 15:06   
It wouldn't have to be many cannons, just enough as to be a deterrence. think about this, using the biggest, slowest ships as a close up brawler that can do almost nothing until it gets in laser range. That just doesn't seem practical.

Email Alzek15
Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-03 15:19   
i dont like medium ranged enhanced...a mass battle station spam would be way to effective. a single station would beat almost any ship it meets. keep variety in the ships, keep em focused on one or 2 purposes imo. so long-med range attacker, close-long range, close-med. not close-med-long range. or close range attacker-electronic warfare, long range-construction, etc.

hey wait that is alrdy the case as it is now! lets keep it that way.....

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2012-02-03 15:56   
Quote:

Was that a matter of irrelevant enh on your ships after the layout change?
Just detach your enh from your stations and refit them onto something else then.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 16:05   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 15:56, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

Was that a matter of irrelevant enh on your ships after the layout change?
Just detach your enh from your stations and refit them onto something else then.

its not the matter of enh just that i dont remember much of the new layouts.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-03 16:12   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 14:54, Corrupting Brutality wrote:

The battle station(layout) is supposed to be close range only. if we add cannons, we will be back where we were with stat spamming again because it would easily be the best thing to fly for mid/close range. -_-

perhaps the devs could make it where the particle cannons range within 500gu or something.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-03 19:05   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 14:08, Alzek15 wrote:
You dont have to replace all the lasers(cuz then u would have no pd) just some of them so battle stations dont have to get up close to EADs or Siphons to fight them, cuz they'll probably lose that fight.

*facepalm* EAD and Battle Station are UGTO.

its AD and siphons and Gangheli that stats worry bout useually.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-03 19:10   
Quote:

On 2012-02-03 06:24, Alzek15 wrote:

also for all stations. its Core weapons and Beams, so ingenereal the difrent factions get there respective missle,

a Combat station of some type with loads of beams and Core weapons

and a Command stat with 4 cores and some beams and 8 fighters. so ingeneral they are all usefull when used properly. if you use a SS and a BS toghere the BS gets unlimted QST to spam makeing it a deadly weapon platform it beat up my poor SS.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.019610 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR