Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Updating
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Updating
Draslin
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-21 10:08   
So since the code was released last night I havn't been able to play. I connect to a server and it looks for updated files and gets to 99% and then won't actually launch

Any ideas why? I didn't have any problems before the patch.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-02-21 10:16   
Your not the first to report this, try this...

go into the lobby, click on the "Download" button at the top of the lobby. This should download the updates from within the lobby. If it fails again, then post your GCQ.log file from the DS directory.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Draslin
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-21 11:03   
Thank you Faustas. I'll try that once I get off work. Very cool game BTW

Draslin
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-21 21:51   
Didn't work. Seems to lock up my internet connection too once it gets to 99%

And this is the contents of the Log

02/21/02 21:58:23 :
CLIENT_SELECT_GAME

Thats it, I'd be under the impression I didn't find the right file but thats the only gcql.log I could find.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-02-21 22:12   
I think the only method that might work is to uninstall, reinstall the latest 1.3 installer. Start DS, run the tutorial FIRST before going into the lobby.

Post here if this works...

Draslin
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-22 09:15   
Didn't work. I unistalled and rebooted my machine. Then reloaded darkspace and ran the tutorial first, it frose at the same point on the tutorial though. The moment it got to 99% checking for files it froze.

I've got an FA311 Netgear fast ethernet card, with the newest drivers I can find. I am running things from behind a router though I had no problems a few days ago before the patch. I would open up all the ports (to bypass NAT all together) but I need to know what ports to open. Or a range of ports.

If the only problem I'm having is downloading new files, is there an FTP from which I can download these files and disable the check for files?

Draslin
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-22 09:20   
Also, when this happens it completely locks up my network connectivity. I can't access any network resources until after I reboot.

Are there any log files I can find/activate through windows 98 SE on my computer that would give you more info?

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-07 07:55   
try updating over server.exe - i think having gcql in use prevents some files from updating cause these dlls to update are locked = in use.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-18 19:37   
I just tryed tat i shut every thing down and it still froz at 99% I had a prob befor and had to reinstall win 98 so i know have my system drivers and this game on here and it keeps frezzing my hole computer not my network. i do not think it is my hardwear but i have a 1.2 amd 512 ram with a gforce 2 64 ram and a linksys v4.1 and a sound blaster live and all are the new drivers.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-18 23:27   
I also have the same problem.

Running win98 and have a FA311 NIC card, it gets to 100% then says "requesting 168 files" then stops and internet con stops too (im on cable) and I have to reboot before I can connect again.

Ive tried all the suggestions people have mentioned here but still have the same problem.

Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2002-03-19 00:31   
Dont any officials ever post here?, do they read thier emails?

Ive been trying to get an answer to these problems for the past few days, and still had no replies to my email.

God knows how they exspect to get customers if they cant even get the game to run.

Its a shame because ive been looking forward to playing.

Lord_Binary
Midshipman

Posted: 2002-03-19 03:36   
Did you REALLY read them ?

If you did you'd know that everybody that suffered from this problem got rid of it by replacing their NIC.
It's a matter of faulty hardware (working hardwarw with buggy drivers = not working = faulty = replace)

"Don't mention it! I have some bad Homo Sapiens!"
"

Email Lord_Binary
Deleted
Midshipman

Posted: 2002-03-19 05:56   
It works fine for every other game I have, do you think im going to fiddle with my pc and buy a whole new NIC card on the off chance that it will work for a game I havent even been able to play yet?

Yeah right, if it works for tribes, halflife, quake, earth and beyond(beta) and tons of other online games it should work for here to.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-03-19 07:50   
All those other games use UDP... we use TCP, which is a different communicatins protocol.

We have confirmed it's specific to a few Netgear and Linksys cards... every other card works fine, it's just these few cards.

-Richard

Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2002-03-19 09:19   
I have never run into this kinda trubble. on the bad side i know this is not a new way to run a game useing tcp but why use it and not the other why. i am not being a butt but i was just wondering. is it faster, better? and on the good side if you can not use netgear or linksys you can go out and buy the cheapest butt uglyest ( if that is a word) nic you can find

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021784 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR