Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » K'Luth Dreadnought's
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author K'Luth Dreadnought's
NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-25 19:45   
usually i fly cloaked till lazor-range, decloak and charge enemy SS's head on wizh my mandy
the ss cant deal that much damage in close combat and my energy doesnt last long enough to kill/ get killed (by) that station
but i deal enough dmg to one arc so other luth can easily finish it off

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-12-26 06:47   
Give me 5 MDs and the Shrooms will vanquish in no time...

But i fear the 5 Lucy Deads will just eat our MDs then...( ;

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Perihelion on 2011-12-26 06:49 ]

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-12-28 16:30   
Guys imma tell ya right now that UGTO and KLUTH, SS's and Battle stations Both are Op when used together the Hive and Nest are no diff then the SS and BS the only reason the ICC SS and Line dont work as well as the other 2 factions is because you have shields and by default your armor is weaker thus Line and SS dont do as well as Hive+Nest or SS and BS. Yes iv tested this both Kluth and Ugto Hive and Nest or UGTO SSand BS are OP. you can throw everything you got at it and they will hang out there for a while before they are destroyed. Yes it is good tactic to always take out the SS first Nest and BS are sitting ducks with out a Hive or SS. Then of course you got ehn on these stations that make them more effective yes? Now i will say recently i was in a BS and killed off 3 Luth dreads with less then 20% hull, No SS support But that was only cuz those dreads had already taken damage from some EAD's. and well honestly they where being stupid when they jumped me, Over confidence that they would kill me in one hit led to there destruction.To further clearify why ICC SS and line dont work well is because you have, shields on ICC that is your main defence the other 2 faction have armor,armor is faster to rep then shields to regen unless in def mode Im not sure if you understand or not.You always have to take into account what is on that UGTO stat ehn+certain ARMOR WILL i repeat WILL have an effect on the battle Dont always expect to win just cuz you have numbers Also take into account what type of luth dreads where being used and what there ehn where. UGTO is not OP, You guys need to really truely observe the situation before you go callin somethin OP. I mean really you call everything Op that you cant beat, I have a suggestion change your tactics and plan things well before just jumpin in and QQ just cuz you had numbers and didnt win. Every aspect and detail, if you pay attention to it will assist you in your battle.But no most of you insist on saying "O look 2 UGTO stats lets 5 of us jump in and kill them easy" yes? My advice is to take a sec, observe and plan It might save you your 400 pres that you lose in your pretty lil dread if you dont....
~Supreme Commander Ray has spoken~

[ This Message was edited by: Supreme Commander~Ray[OU] on 2011-12-28 16:50 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-28 17:29   
Quote:

On 2011-12-28 16:30, Supreme Commander~Ray[OU] wrote:

Guys imma tell ya right now that UGTO and KLUTH, SS's and Battle stations Both are Op when used together

UGTO is not OP, You guys need to really truely observe the situation before you go callin somethin OP.

5 of any factions dreads (attack or assault class) should be able to kill two stations. Expecialy Kluth. Even pantheon thinks so;

Quote:

On 2011-12-22 22:36, Pantheon wrote:
There's a repair amount limit for each ship, 5 Dreadnoughts can easily outstrip this, even with rotating and any amount of tricks you can think of.

so what happen?

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{CM7} on 2011-12-28 17:32 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-28 20:22   
Quote:

On 2011-12-28 17:29, Defiance{CM7} wrote:
so what happen?

Clearly, someone set up us the bomb.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-28 22:43   
Quote:

On 2011-12-28 20:22, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-12-28 17:29, Defiance{CM7} wrote:
so what happen?

Clearly, someone set up us the bomb.

We get signal.

jamesbob
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-29 09:26   
Quote:

On 2011-12-28 16:30, Supreme Commander~Ray[OU] wrote:
Guys imma tell ya right now that UGTO and KLUTH, SS's and Battle stations Both are Op when used together the Hive and Nest are no diff then the SS and BS the only reason the ICC SS and Line dont work as well as the other 2 factions is because you have shields and by default your armor is weaker thus Line and SS dont do as well as Hive+Nest or SS and BS. Yes iv tested this both Kluth and Ugto Hive and Nest or UGTO SSand BS are OP. you can throw everything you got at it and they will hang out there for a while before they are destroyed. Yes it is good tactic to always take out the SS first Nest and BS are sitting ducks with out a Hive or SS. Then of course you got ehn on these stations that make them more effective yes? Now i will say recently i was in a BS and killed off 3 Luth dreads with less then 20% hull, No SS support But that was only cuz those dreads had already taken damage from some EAD's. and well honestly they where being stupid when they jumped me, Over confidence that they would kill me in one hit led to there destruction.To further clearify why ICC SS and line dont work well is because you have, shields on ICC that is your main defence the other 2 faction have armor,armor is faster to rep then shields to regen unless in def mode Im not sure if you understand or not.You always have to take into account what is on that UGTO stat ehn+certain ARMOR WILL i repeat WILL have an effect on the battle Dont always expect to win just cuz you have numbers Also take into account what type of luth dreads where being used and what there ehn where. UGTO is not OP, You guys need to really truely observe the situation before you go callin somethin OP. I mean really you call everything Op that you cant beat, I have a suggestion change your tactics and plan things well before just jumpin in and QQ just cuz you had numbers and didnt win. Every aspect and detail, if you pay attention to it will assist you in your battle.But no most of you insist on saying "O look 2 UGTO stats lets 5 of us jump in and kill them easy" yes? My advice is to take a sec, observe and plan It might save you your 400 pres that you lose in your pretty lil dread if you dont....

[ This Message was edited by: Supreme Commander~Ray[OU] on 2011-12-28 16:50 ]

ok could you like space that out a bit.

maybe turn it into a couple of paragraphs, Because I didn't understand a thing you just typed.

Fatal Perihelion
Chief Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-12-29 09:36   
2 stats, a suppy and some sensor plats (!)

Have to be carefull and exact with the circumstances of this battle.

And if Kluth learned that they cant beat 2 stations like this.. they learned something maybe?

If i attack a station with an AD, i know i wont kill it and will have to jump out again.
If we attack a shroom with 5 ADs in a perfect point blank jump we could destroy it maybe, but usally range and/or dodge is the way to work on a Shroom and then UGTO cant do much and its time for them to QQ or switch vessels.

Ugto stations and EADs are Ugtos big plus and we should be thankfull that each faction has its own style and abillitys, giving us a large number of scenarios and strategys of how battles can be fought while still being a ballanced game.

edit- off topic:

I am more concerned about the ai being unballanced, they are abused a lot in battle and there roll is too big.
I wish there was no "Attack" option with AI, this way you would have to make them defend or go to an area to help you, instead of doing the dirty job of weaken a player before the enemy player just finish him off.

Some players are such ai pros, they take an interdictor ship to trap you and let his ai kill you,,, great sport vetty.

[ This Message was edited by: Fatal Perihelion on 2011-12-29 09:39 ]

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-29 13:43   
Quote:

On 2011-12-29 09:36, Fatal Perihelion wrote:

I am more concerned about the ai being unballanced, they are abused a lot in battle and there roll is too big.
I wish there was no "Attack" option with AI, this way you would have to make them defend or go to an area to help you, instead of doing the dirty job of weaken a player before the enemy player just finish him off.

Some players are such ai pros, they take an interdictor ship to trap you and let his ai kill you,,, great sport vetty.

Well, considering that you don't get pres for dictoring unless you're in a group, and you can't group with AI.......

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-29 20:33   
than its the perfect thing for a vet to do. Kinda like scouting for luth. Its jobs for people who don't really care about pres, like CMs and vets.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-12-29 23:45   
Quote:

On 2011-12-29 09:36, Fatal Perihelion wrote:

This.
This x10000

AI makes it too easy for players of a certain faction. Order every AI you can find in the server to protect you and your set. You can cap planets solo, your EAD can tank close to anything solo, and you can do things solo that would normally require a fleet.
Hell, even when they have the upper hand, outnumber the enemy and are clearly WINNING the fight, they still spam every ai that spawns in the server.
Thats not skill. Thats not tactics, and that also does not belong in a game where the whole point of success of the game is based around fleet combat and teamwork/tactics winning the day.

SO, make AI uncontrollable already. or atleast prevent AI spam somehow: limit the amount of ai that can be ordered to attack/defend a player or planet.

Being able to spam ai to yourself is in my opnion the most balance breaking mechanic right now. It makes it too easy to negate other factions natural advantages and too easy for a large advantage to be gained in any situation. No, we dont need a beacon scout, just spam the AI! Nah we dont have to bomb this planet, bring in the AI!
Fix it!

/rage

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-30 10:58   
Just get out of the flying bricks and into something more maneuverable, you can easily cause the 10 AI chasing after your Cruiser or Destroyer to crash into the nearest planet and be rid of them.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.021287 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR