- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Something added
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Something added
Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-16 18:03   
We don't need any more behemoths spewing flames and destruction and coated with huge layers of armor. I like the scout and engineer ideas. Can we have those? They might be a little too OP in scenario, so I don't know what you would do about that.

PS: It is grammar, not grammer.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-16 18:32   
Quote:

On 2011-12-16 18:03, Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
We don't need any more behemoths spewing flames and destruction and coated with huge layers of armor. I like the scout and engineer ideas. Can we have those? They might be a little too OP in scenario, so I don't know what you would do about that.

PS: It is grammar, not grammer.

those might make good marshal ships, but I don't know how well that would work.
[ This Message was edited by: Brutality on 2011-12-16 18:33 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-16 20:10   
Just goes to show you. You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people none of the time, and UGTO all of the time.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-16 20:27   
i take it this first batch is not going to stay as is.

Ill get into more hard core testing once you get it about where you want it.

Thanks for feedback on my feedback.

Yes, come to think of it kluth getting more defense for their CM ship, or any other special ship would not fit in with their style.

I was just brainstorming though.

I lean more twords the CM ships being basicly the same as a normal ship, exept with some color difference (projectiles, trail, beam, or hull) and maby one boosted stat.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-12-16 20:28   
Quote:

On 2011-12-16 20:10, Azreal wrote:
Just goes to show you. You can please some of the people some of the time, some of the people none of the time, and UGTO all of the time.

i lol'd

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-16 21:18   
Can tech requirement be set individually on a ship by ship basis, or does it go by the hull type? If tech can be set individually then it should be a simple way to keep any Marshal/CM ship from being gate spawned in scen.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-17 12:21   
3 CM ships:
  1. UGTO: ST-13 Peregrine-class Strike Frigate
  2. K'Luth: Predator-class Tergite destroyer
  3. ICC: M-194X Rapid Assault Destroyer

May we have all 3 CM destroyers? Frigate is free to spawn, so UGTO CM frigate is clearly the best option to pick as a CM won't afraid of losing prestige in a frigate. One or two alpha from dread can kill a normal frigate, thus sole-armor-gadget-frigate doesn't make it more fragile since it has already been.

It would be more interesting if weapon-level is removed.

Any Marshal ship? Perhaps a 3-4 building drones engineer with 3-4 full-arc mining beams is not too bad. We have a lot of combat ships - half of them rarely appear in game, and here we have 3 new tool to collect prestige lightning fast. So why not new support ship?
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-12-17 12:46 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-17 17:57   
serious;y....i always said put a resawn rate on the ai that is more limited..

marshall/chief marshall ships? costumization is most attractive to me, super stat would suck for gameplay, super dread as well. super frig/dessie with a rofl factor? hell yeah! make some funny ships what i think. and they there.

i can see icc point, the cm ship can feel less strategic then other ships and to make it get used it needs something changed. im just not sure what.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-17 22:00   
Quote:

On 2011-12-17 17:57, Hakketak wrote:

marshall/chief marshall ships? costumization is most attractive to me, super stat would suck for gameplay, super dread as well. super frig/dessie with a rofl factor? hell yeah! make some funny ships what i think. and they there.

i can see icc point, the cm ship can feel less strategic then other ships and to make it get used it needs something changed. im just not sure what.

it would be cool to have an icc gauss boat instead of a torp boat. would fit icc more since we are the ranged faction.

Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-17 22:10   
I still say something entirely new sould be added....maybe a multi-purpous utility ship, one which can be fitted to suit many roles.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-18 05:30   
Quote:

On 2011-12-17 22:00, Brutality wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-12-17 17:57, Hakketak wrote:

it would be cool to have an icc gauss boat instead of a torp boat. would fit icc more since we are the ranged faction.

or a gauss/missle ship, with shroud equivalent missles only less slots or something..they suppose to be suicidal firepower ships though, so a long range gauss ship would make it OP...But to use the current icc CM ship close range, an assault cruiser feels like a better choice. I think it could use 1 more ion cannon slot so ppl weaken an armor ring then get closer to hit the torp load. But then...isnt strike cruiser better option? thats why i say...i rlly donno what to improve.

edit: in the earlier discussion about this subject in some other thread, it was suggested CM ship should have their own unique weapon. Like ICC have shield recharge field (like repair field of station), kluth have cloak enhancing field, UGTO have magnetic field (periodic ping and minor continuous dmg to shields). How do people feel about that idea?
[ This Message was edited by: Hakketak on 2011-12-18 05:33 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-12-18 06:46   
i vote for a fragile minelayer destroyer for ugto, fragile missile cruiser for kluth and fragile beacon+sensor destroyer for icc

i alternatively vote for marshals having access to the elite ai ship layouts - dictor-less EsCapor for kluth, Gerrith San-Ruek for ugto and the combat destroyer elite for icc (forgot his name)

and i additionally vote for marshals and chief marshals to pay 500-1000 credits every time they undock their borrowed elite / experimental super ships

:")

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Chatting in 'DarkSpace English'

Posted: 2011-12-18 07:11   
Quote:

On 2011-12-16 20:10, Azreal wrote:

+1

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-12-18 19:53   
Slow torps and beams on fast ships? IMO, not too useful.
Both weaps require you to get up close and personal to use 'em, and the weak defs rules that out.

Twitch game this may be, but beams do not miss at all. So you can't use any of your weaps against a cruiser or dread. They will simply one-shot you with their assortment of flashlights. *ZAP* you're dead. Mad skillz won't help because they mean nothing when beams..... don't miss.

That effectively negates any use of those little runts.

Cannons and Core weaps, yes. Beams and torps, no.
Besides balance, ship designs should make some sense. It's like giving me an F-22 Raptor armed with WW2-era 50 cals.

A Siphon could simply decloak and zap one of those little runts before they could say.... »»-----(knee)----->

I'd rather see a K'luth dessie armed with a couple of SIs and lotsa Heavy PSIs. Or an ICC dessie with ICs and rails. The Uggie frig should revert to a dessie with QSTs and PCs.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-12-18 22:46 ]

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-19 22:48   
Quote:
On 2011-12-18 19:53, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Slow torps and beams on fast ships? IMO, not too useful.
Both weaps require you to get up close and personal to use 'em, and the weak defs rules that out.

Twitch game this may be, but beams do not miss at all. So you can't use any of your weaps against a cruiser or dread. They will simply one-shot you with their assortment of flashlights. *ZAP* you're dead. Mad skillz won't help because they mean nothing when beams..... don't miss.

A little tweak of torp, are you asking? I think of speeding them up a bit: AM = 70 gu/s, Proton = 80 gu/s and Fusion = 90 gu/s, all splash = 10 gu. Since these ships must keep range with the target, faster torp is the solution.

Small ship with torp VS big ship with cannon... who kicks arse?
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-12-20 08:41 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.030738 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR