No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - almand

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » Something added
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author Something added
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-12-15 10:34   
We can set the mass per-ship via the NounContext Shig, so tweaking it slightly to give more/less maneuverability shouldn't be too difficult (nc_m201r.prt m_Mass will have what you're looking for).

Extra armor on K'Luth wouldn't slow it down that much due to the mass of organic armor being considerably less than others (also not sure why we need to give K'Luth extra armor - that idea eludes me). But if required you can increase mass via the mentioned method above.

I also believe the spawning is controlled via rank, which is why all the frigates are available. I shouldn't worry too much about it (we can also make them costly to lose, so they're not fire and forget).
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-12-15 10:44 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-15 11:04   
I don't have any issues with the idea of special CM rank ships, but they should be more or less equal, all the same hull type and points used. Having them specialized in different areas isn't a bad thing but they should either all be super specialized in the faction strength, or something that faction isn't suited for.

The current ships are all completely different, the Kluth Destroyer is like the next step in luth ship evolution. Even less armor but such a ridiculous amount of firepower for it's size but attacking anything larger than itself is practically suicide if it fires back. The danger in attacking ships it's own size or smaller is it has to be practically point blank in order to not miss with all those torps, and risks killing itself from splash. ICC Destroyer is.....er, I'm having trouble finding much of a use for it. You'd get better results using an AD, as it's set up as a torp ship but it's weak defenses means it can't take hits, which it will by being in torp range, unless most of those torps are tri or full arc.

The UGTO Frigate I think has already been covered nicely, it's just a bad idea to have something like that unless you want every CM to switch to UGTO. Personally I would do that, it'd be like flying one of the Pirate Elite Frigates with it's extra engine only with 4x the firepower.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-15 13:39   
I personally would love to see some new ship layouts for marshal as well. new ship layouts could bring people back into the game and give people something new to play with.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-15 13:43   
I suggest the ICC dessie be made into a gauss only super gunboat with no other offense except maybe two beams at most. The ICC does not and should not have a frontal attack ship in such a low class; it will die horribly quickly and as said the AD would just be a better choice. If you make it a gaussboat it will be perfect for picking off large targets at extreme range, especially with the new gauss speed buff. Conversely, you could create a specialty K'luth hunter with more speed, several EWAR devices, including a beacon launcher, and filled with either beams or rails... I'm not sure which is better at blindfiring.

The K'luth one is really good for hit and run strikes when they have interdictor advantage, but only the most excellent pilots would be able to use it in normal combat. If the ship is made into a pure torpedo launcher it can be realistically used as a rapid hit-and-run medium range bomber. This would be very useful for when the K'luth DON'T have the advantage, as it would give them the ability to pick off their enemies from ranges that are unrealistic for pinging and quick response. It would require a dedicated hunter team to destroy a fleet of these.

The UGTO frigate is AWESOME! That being said: it's too awesome. This has been said. The CM ships of the three factions should probably be the same class, so move it up to destroyer, which also solves the spawning problem. The UGTO would probably benefit from a mixed projectile and beam ship for the hunting of small ICC ships and for harassing K'luth ships that try to cloak.

In general the presence of torpedoes on the human faction ships is useless- they already have much more effective torpedo boats that have a much better chance of being successful. Super high amounts of damage on them would either be accomplished by giving them all projectile weapons (including possibly core weapons) or by giving them all beams, though this would make them only smallship hunters.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-12-15 14:08   
hey can someone give me the pres for Chief Marshall, thanks in advance

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-15 16:09   
I like the "more costumization" option available for CM. purely estetic at first, like 3 different wingtips, 3 different noses...just like those gran turismo and need for speed games etc where u pimp ur car.

maybe make pimped ship parts a new elite drop?

also i have tested all 3 elite ships. icc one very nice, the one ion cannon makes huge difference, but also can be frustrating since enemy tends to run after getting hit by ion then doesnt get hit by torps..timing is crucial hehe:) shield run in defense mode, i could get in and out of battle, but noticed im not suitable to hit dreads cause at some point i have tu turn away from it, with my vulnerable sides pointing towards a dread...i dont last long.

Luth CM ship even nicer. Luth have the hit and run factor, and an "armor sharmor" mentality. losing all armor layers stead of the front ones not rlly a big deal when getting so many weaps in return. i have to admit maybe a bit to many compared to other factions...

ugto elite had a little less firepower then other factions, but the armor archs coveres all 4 sides of the ship, giving it a huge survivability edge over the other elite ships, snd still its stringer then the regular dessies. could use 1 hvy particle cannon stead of regular imo and make the 2 armor layers only cover front and rear.

noticed requirements alrdy edited, seems they dessie class now (25 gu max speed) with 70 tech requirement. Did have an issue with beta crashing when flying icc and ugto elite, but could be cause i played luth 5 min before that end relogged to soon...happended while shooting enemy first time, jumping an MI longhead 2nd time. was about 9 hours ago.

[ This Message was edited by: Iron E on 2011-12-15 16:10 ]

Lithium
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-15 18:31   
I think 2 ships UGTO and K'Luth are perfect.
They're missing parts for them 'small combat ship' and 'medium strike ship'.
But what the hell is ICC's one?
Medium strike ship is not a missing part for ICC they have too many medium ships already.
They need the huge armor ship instead IMO.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-15 22:04   
Quote:

On 2011-12-15 10:34, Pantheon wrote:
we can also make them costly to lose, so they're not fire and forget).
[ This Message was edited by: Perseverance *FCA* on 2011-12-15 22:06 ]

That seems like a good idea. It makes sense, high command would get annoyed if you go and lose their highly experimental ship. It would also encourage people to fly them wisely and not get yourself into stupid situations.
edit: i dislike bad grammer

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2011-12-16 11:04   
give marshalls...........SUPER ENGIES.....3 build drones slots ,3 mining beams...6 cargo holds.

yeah,I spend a LOT of time rebuilding stupidly built planets.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-16 11:13   
Quote:

On 2011-12-16 11:04, Fatal Command (CO) wrote:
give marshalls...........SUPER ENGIES.....3 build drones slots ,3 mining beams...6 cargo holds.

yeah,I spend a LOT of time rebuilding stupidly built planets.

I like this idea, it would make cleaning up other people's messes a lot easier.

I still want my super Scout though.

Lockerd
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-16 15:05   
i think an entirely new class of ship should be introduced for Grand Marshals....something celestial, something cruical to a fight and security to a system, perhaps a new station which is massive something 5x larger than an average station and has a jumpgate power which acts like a WH generator massive cooldown of course. bristleing with point defense, a SY and fighter bays.....lots of them. see we used to look forward to getting a station for our highest rank...now what do we have a new layout....its cool but its the same type of ship.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-16 15:35   
Quote:

On 2011-12-16 15:05, Lockerd wrote:
i think an entirely new class of ship should be introduced for Grand Marshals....something celestial, something cruical to a fight and security to a system, perhaps a new station which is massive something 5x larger than an average station and has a jumpgate power which acts like a WH generator massive cooldown of course. bristleing with point defense, a SY and fighter bays.....lots of them. see we used to look forward to getting a station for our highest rank...now what do we have a new layout....its cool but its the same type of ship.

Hmm a titan... they would be so big they would have trouble with the planets and running into them, and bombing them would work again...

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-12-16 15:41   
I am so glad some of you don't work in games design...

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-16 15:55   
Quote:

On 2011-12-16 15:05, Lockerd wrote:

This would be so overpowered it would break the game. The super-plat idea from ages ago got shot down because the shipyard was difficult to code and overpowered.

EDIT: also the game is now going for combined arms. IF this mobile shipyard actually made it into the game it would need to be lightly armed and armoured.

[ This Message was edited by: Perseverance *FCA* on 2011-12-16 16:00 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-16 17:32   
This entire thread makes me realize just how painful it is to want something that, once you get it, turns out to be something you wish you never had.

You just.. you don't know. Ten years of watching things being implemented that players thought they wanted and how it turned out is the absolute pedestal of irony.

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029341 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR