No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Quick Idea for 1.672-Change the M-190A Layout
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Quick Idea for 1.672-Change the M-190A Layout
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-10 22:46   
Quote:

On 2011-12-10 22:08, Panduh wrote:
Would end up being more complex.

If your ammo store is low, then choosing the guns to fire (that you want to fire) would be extremely tedious.

not really, lot of the people who play ICC already have their guns set to volly fire. IE take a combat dessie you have one gun on the fore paired with a number key

Email *FTL*Soulless
Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-12-10 23:22   
the point is, you would need an algorithm that would need to expedite ammunition to guns that are being told to fire (that can actually fire) at a given target.

so let's say you have 2 units of ammunition left.

let's say you have two guns facing the direction you are firing in, one of which takes two units of ammunition, one which takes one unit of ammunition (under the system given in previous posts).

in another situation, both guns take two units of ammunition to fire

which gun fires?

simply saying, "oh, we have hotkeys" doesn't really mean much, because the problem occurs when the user hits spacebar, or attempts to fire a set of guns in which this ambiguity occurs, where the algorithm doesn't quite know which gun to fire

so, should a random gun fire, or should neither gun fire?

well, if each gun is the same, it doesn't really matter which one, as it would be the same gun firing either way

if they are different guns, however....well, the system has trouble accounting for what the user wants, and even more trouble discerning what is best for the user

fire the gun that has a better chance of hitting? fire the gun that takes less energy/ammo and allows for a second shot? fire the gun that does more damage? etc.

the problem with having this kind of universal ammo store occurs when ammo is nearly depleted, and different guns are demanding ammo

you could go a step further and allow the user to define what guns get priority, etc

but at this point, you'll want to consider whether or not the devs really should be spending time on such a thing, and what SPECIFIC (meaning, list them) game changes this will make

i might be talking out of my ass here, but developers are considering a very large game system and then comparing that with small suggestions like this.

so i encourage people to, when making suggestions that are small-scale like this, actually define the logical process that the game will use when implementing such things, and properly argue for them, rather than simply saying "oh , it would be nice."

give the developers an easier time by proposing and laying out the logic behind the idea (not of the idea, there is a difference).

and if you really can, properly describe how the logic behind the idea will help the player.

if you don't fulfill all of the above, dont expect any cookies

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-11 07:42   
i can tell you have never programmed ever.

K.I.S.S.

your over complicating it...

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-11 08:40   
Quote:
On 2011-12-11 07:42, Defiance{CM7} wrote:
i can tell you have never programmed ever.

K.I.S.S.

your over complicating it...

Indeed the one with the lowest gadget ID will fire. Not that it currently matters since all guns have there 'own' ammo storage..

So lets say we end this topic?
unless people like to talk more about the M-190A.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.009195 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR