No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Quick Idea for 1.672-Change the M-190A Layout
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Quick Idea for 1.672-Change the M-190A Layout
Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-09 12:17   
I <3 my dest, I don't really think ICC isn't balanced atm.
But anyway, here's my idea.
I really like the total arcs of the rails, however when I'm fighting I noticed something.
I almost never use the rear guns compared to the forward. There's a need to use the torps, since they give a lot of damage. I noticed that I had fired the rear maybe 5-10 times when my front ammunition is gone.
So, why not move 1 cannon to the front? That would result in:
1 Front right
1 front left
2 Front
1 Rear right
1 Rear left.
[ This Message was edited by: nonexistent on 2011-12-09 12:17 ]

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-12-09 12:22   
Because that's how it is.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-09 14:19   
Quote:

On 2011-12-09 12:22, Pantheon wrote:
Because that's how it is.

Erm, what?
If you had criticized the idea I would be fine, but 'It is how it is, I'm not changing it?????'.
What does anyone else think about this?

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-09 14:53   
A more to the point answer would be "because that's how it is for ICC Destroyers and Cruisers". If you look at the cannon layouts for the Heavy Cruiser and Border Cruiser the coverage is basically the same as well, just with more cannons. Their UGTO equivalents have basically the same coverage as well, so change one thing for one ship and it'd need to be changed for all of them.

That and the point system used for layouts, changing a tri-arc weapon to a single-arc weapon would leave it with unused points and require further tweaking.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-12-09 15:03   
You need to broadside more.
Use those Rear/side guns.

Stay at 'a' distance from your enemy. then Turn towards your target and get a little closer, unleash your Torpedo's and then turn away again continuing to broadside the enemy. (turn to the opposite direction you where going so you use both sides of the ship. increasing your stay in combat by using the full ammo of your ship.)
You are more mobile and faster then those cruiser/dreads, you are able to use that to use the full armament of your ship.

True, this way you still only like use half of those rear guns ammo, but you improve your own odds a lot better. To name a few advantages:
You get a better view of the surrounding while you do this as you stay at a distance.
You can turn away and increase distance should your defences get low OR you get assaulted by another ship.
You are able to 'Pick' a new target since you are not in the thick of battle so no need to fire at the nearest enemy, when you have a good look at the battle already.
Drawbacks:
You are further away from the combat, you miss more shots. but that extra 200gu adds a lot of safety from getting zapped by a Dreads CL who just happened to turn in your way.
You need to look out for friendlies getting in the firing line, Those annoying ... Allies don't care for your firing angles. they just drive trough them like that, det your projectiles in time so you avoid the extra FF bonus.
You need to not be the main attraction, if you are you only will get jumped and every time you get to a nice firing range they jump you again. These times everyone fights without a plan at CL ranges....

3 solid euro cents..

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-09 15:32   
icc rear guns are superawesome. 1 on 1 fights u can just turn away, with superior engine speed over power drain, u can keep flying fast, and with rear guns u can keep firing. turn left and right once in a while to include side guns into the equation, and most ships will lose battle vs you.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-12-09 16:11   
Dont change the guns at all leave it how it is just cuz you dont use your rear weapons doesnt mean others do not thus it must not be changed.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-09 17:02   
I use the rear and side guns a lot... (sometimes more than my nose guns)

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-09 17:16   
A better solution would have been to remove the gun in its entirety so as to prevent from it getting an unfair firepower bonus, but that's not the point. The point is that they put those guns there for a reason. You might not always use those guns, and it might not be the best placement for your particular game style, but they do have their own uses, albeit very specialized ones, and you can't change the fit without a really good reason when it changes other players gameplay besides yours.

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-12-09 18:37   
Okay, I understand.
I apologize for a bad idea.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-09 21:12   
A better solution would have been to remove the gun in its entirety so as to prevent from it getting an unfair firepower bonus, but that's not the point. The point is that they put those guns there for a reason. You might not always use those guns, and it might not be the best placement for your particular game style, but they do have their own uses, albeit very specialized ones, and you can't change the fit without a really good reason when it changes other players gameplay besides yours.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-10 09:19   
a better idea would be to strip the ammo of the guns, and have a central ammo-storage, where all guns get their ammo from
(maybe a storage for every gun-type)

so if you have 5 guns-slots, with 3 gauss and 2 of the other guns you would have
3x the gauss ammo, but every shot take up to 3 bullets
2x the other ammo, but every shot take up to 2 bullets

this way you cant run out of ammo with your left-facing weapons, while your right ones are at 100% as long as theyre the same type
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2011-12-10 09:20 ]

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-10 10:47   
i agree with the central ammo system. or make it rotateable like the shileds. rotate ammo from the rear to the frount and vice versa

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-12-10 14:42   
Quote:

On 2011-12-10 09:19, NoBoDx wrote:
a better idea would be to strip the ammo of the guns, and have a central ammo-storage, where all guns get their ammo from
(maybe a storage for every gun-type)

so if you have 5 guns-slots, with 3 gauss and 2 of the other guns you would have
3x the gauss ammo, but every shot take up to 3 bullets
2x the other ammo, but every shot take up to 2 bullets

this way you cant run out of ammo with your left-facing weapons, while your right ones are at 100% as long as theyre the same type
[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2011-12-10 09:20 ]

+1 to this. Would be nice to not have to worry about trying to use all my guns evenly.

Panduh
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-12-10 22:08   
Would end up being more complex.

If your ammo store is low, then choosing the guns to fire (that you want to fire) would be extremely tedious.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.023706 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR