No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Beta Testing Discussion » » 1.672
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
 Author 1.672
Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2012-02-18 06:51   
ship mandible/ test : no power system damage/

ok so i had no pwr ecm on cloaked and running wide open. it gave me aft armour damage and went to 0 armour on aft plate in 10 seconds also the cloak went from green to not working in the same amount of time is this what ya'll ment to do? also i seen no other systems take damage. just checking and trying to give some feed back on things to hlp.

Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CO*

Email Died~2000~Deaths[+R]*CC*
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2012-02-18 10:39   
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 02:21, Compromisery wrote:

and no, it is not easy for us dreadwielders and stationations to hit your cruisers and destroyers.

Have you considered that this may be intentional? I'm pretty sure that standard thinking is that dreads and stations are not straight-up better and thus cannot easily kill small, dodging things.

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-18 11:36   
The problem with the ICC small ship complaint is that ICC ships have limited ammo. Regardless of their ability to dodge incoming fire to recuperate functionality of shields (and energy is seldom a concern for discerning ICC players), ICC are already troubled with taking on more than one ship of a class higher than their own without running out of ammo and thus lacking any capacity to deal damage.

Reducing the damage done by all weapons only means this "problem" is increased; rather than consider the ramifications of small ships successfully dodging incoming enemy fire without shooting back for 30 seconds, you should consider why your Dreadnought is shooting at a Frigate to begin with, understanding that the Frigate cannot destroy you without significant investment of time... and if you are hanging around to let that Frigate shoot you, one must question the selection of ship over whether smaller ships need downward adjustments of their mobility.

Evil Android #6
2nd Rear Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-18 16:06   
i do agree that with the weapon dmg reduced for all factions, icc took a bigger hit on one aspect of the game. but the shields got way more effective since the recharge rates didnt got affected as much.

now i do agree smaller vs bigger ships is doable, but as an icc u can give up any hope of truly damaging a bigger ships simply becuase u dont have the bullets.

What i like to test, is a dessie vs a battle dread of each faction. see how far u can get and and what point icc dont have the bullets. only that way u can determine how many bullets are needed for an acceptable balance. what i think is about 2 minutes till rear armor gone, then 2-3 more to finish the ship. now for an icc dessie to be able to kill a ship with about a shot per 4 seconds, there are 300/4=75 bullets needed. atm icc got 80 for rail, more for gauss. that means as soon as a dread turns left or right once during combat, the icc dessie has to get a resupply. therefor 100 for rails seems a more suitable number for me, but then again this has to be tested.

i am more then happy to go into beta, but usually nobody else around:) so....whoever wanna test some stuff pm me in game i guess...

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2012-02-18 19:37   
love the new, cleaner dev log.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2012-02-18 19:56   
Quote:

On 2012-02-18 19:37, Defiance{CM7} wrote:
love the new, cleaner dev log.

Thank ye .

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-18 20:01   
Actually, ICC ammo is fine there, bro. I admit I would personally like a 10% increase in ammo all-around, but I was merely highlighting that the argument of ICC small ships necessitating a heavy nerf to shields (really, less HP, equal mass AND energy drain... for rotation?) falls flat considering ICC do -not- have the ammo to really pull those sort of stunts with their Destroyers and below.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-19 00:28   
New feedback.

A) Hive still requires 101 technology to launch.

B) When I bombed and captured a revolt planet, I realized I had to wait until it regenerated itself. There was no way to decrease the waiting time by building extra structures because it didn't function as desired. Besides, AI made the situation WORSE by automatically build unneccessary toys. When I saw a mine built on the planet, I felt like breath-taking!

Most important, when you build a new planet and you accidentally build something that exceed the critical resource, you lose the chance to pause it and leave the whole intelligence for server. Somehow I feel it UNTOLERANT when it appears as if the planet is supervisoring what I have to do. I assume it's smarter than me!

As a player, I don't really mind sabotage. Report and fix/capture is simple. Please don't hang a handcuffs on engineer.

C) As shield stops all kinds of bomb, bio & neutral is considered inferior to TK & mirv. TK has higher ammunition, allows you to destroy all infs in one run. On planet with shield, TK & mirv proves its usefulness since it inflicts damage on shield, preventing it from regenerating. Even bio & neutral might be stronger at killing infantry, when the infantry collumn growns high, the number of infantry kills by bio & neutral is as many as TK & mirv (~6 infantry). I suggest the ammunition of bio & neutral bomb to be double than TK & mirv.

Last but not least, there ought to be a maximum height of infantry collumn on each diamond spot so that you can destroy them all each time time tounching B. If the bomb can target on floating infantry, maximum height is not needed.

4) Is mantle better than deep core?
I have 2 samples of planet for each case.
Mantle case
Worker 70/62; Tech 90; Power 160/157
3 automated, 5 mantles, 5 factories, 3 quantum, 2 barracks
Resource produces per stick: ( 5 x 12 + 5 ) x ( 5 + 1 ) = 390
Deep core case
Worker 60/50; Tech 70; Power 130/120
1 automated, 1 bio, 6 deep core, 6 factories, 3 variance, 4 barracks
Resource produces per stick: ( 6 x 9 + 5 ) x ( 6 + 1 ) = 413

On a quick glance, a planet with deep core is surely nicer because it has 4 barracks and produce higher resource. When bombed, the deep core planet remains producing longer as deep core only requires 30 tech. Technically, mantle is overrated or deep core is underrated. Mantle is useful in case you have a limit room to build mining base.
Compare mantle and deep core:
  • Mantle: worker 2, power 10, tech 70, mining 12
  • Deep core: worker 1; power 5; tech 30; mining 9

The requirement for mantle is double, but it doesn't produce double as well. A small adjustment is fair. By increasing mining rate of mantle to 13, mantle case produces ( 5 * 13 + 5 ) * ( 5 + 1 ) = 420 resource per stick.
Conclusion: mantle = worker 2, power 10, tech 70, mining 13

5) The bomber has scanner and ECM. Scanner to see the target and ECM to hide the ship. Amusingly, the signature scanner increases is as many as 2 ECM covers. Scanner was useful when bomb range is 2000gu. But now bomb range is 750gu - within planet defense range - and ECM strength decreases, why should we have scanner? You're going to take damage after all. A profobics with ECM on, moving any speed faster than 7.0gu shall reveal itself when it recharges bomb.

I guess scanner detects objects by raising all objects signature within its range... I suggest that scanner does not raise its user signature.
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2012-02-19 03:01 ]

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2012-02-19 04:51   
went in for a little skirmisch vs icc yesterday in beta.

energy and cloak:

ganglia > if u reach 0 energy in this ship there is something wrong with you

siphon > after eaching 0 energy and cloaking, i recieved 10% damage to an organic armor layer, my energy stuck on 0 for one minute, ahr repping the system damage im getting from cloaking.

A second time the ahr system gets damaged first, my systems wont get repped, and overall system damage was more significant (8 systems to 90%) before energy was rising again.

a third time my cloaking device got damaged to 0% lol. ahr took a long time to repair it as well. that was a sure death scenario there.

overall i didnt see huge problems with the system damage on 0 energy and cloaking. i just have to cloak 2 sec earlier then before...Also in combat and out of comabt energy rrecharge is nice. seems in combat recharge is same and ooc recharge is 25-35% higher.

the icc shields:
i didnt know what kind of shield icc had equipped at first, but once i noticed a sick recharge in def mode i knew he had reactives:). The shields recieve a little less damage, recharge a little slower in battle but way faster out of combat.

i didnt feel nerfed or anything fighting the icc. i could comfortably jump with a nest into their group of a dread, a line station and a cruiser, fire away, and my jd was rdy to jump me out again well before i would die. combat feels a bit the same, a bit upgraded more things to watch, but once the out of combat timer is over is where the biggest difference seems to be. i like it. when i jumped in a scale it took them a reasonable amount of time to kill it with various wepons. about 2 minutes, with me not moving. i didnt write down the exact time to kill me, prolly one of them did:)

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-19 09:31   
erm. i play in scen and truthfully I think that Deep Cores as the best you dont need the Tech so more build space. dont need as much power. more build space for factorys and what not.
i say Cores all the Way.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2012-02-19 13:22   
Quote:

On 2012-02-19 04:51, Teddybear wrote:
went in for a little skirmisch vs icc yesterday in beta.

energy and cloak:

ganglia > if u reach 0 energy in this ship there is something wrong with you

siphon > after eaching 0 energy and cloaking, i recieved 10% damage to an organic armor layer, my energy stuck on 0 for one minute, ahr repping the system damage im getting from cloaking.

A second time the ahr system gets damaged first, my systems wont get repped, and overall system damage was more significant (8 systems to 90%) before energy was rising again.

a third time my cloaking device got damaged to 0% lol. ahr took a long time to repair it as well. that was a sure death scenario there.

overall i didnt see huge problems with the system damage on 0 energy and cloaking. i just have to cloak 2 sec earlier then before...Also in combat and out of comabt energy rrecharge is nice. seems in combat recharge is same and ooc recharge is 25-35% higher.

the icc shields:
i didnt know what kind of shield icc had equipped at first, but once i noticed a sick recharge in def mode i knew he had reactives:). The shields recieve a little less damage, recharge a little slower in battle but way faster out of combat.

i didnt feel nerfed or anything fighting the icc. i could comfortably jump with a nest into their group of a dread, a line station and a cruiser, fire away, and my jd was rdy to jump me out again well before i would die. combat feels a bit the same, a bit upgraded more things to watch, but once the out of combat timer is over is where the biggest difference seems to be. i like it. when i jumped in a scale it took them a reasonable amount of time to kill it with various wepons. about 2 minutes, with me not moving. i didnt write down the exact time to kill me, prolly one of them did:)

That AD vs Siphon duel we had I had a mix of reactive and active, just to see how it would work. A single siphon was pretty easy to deal with, but facing two luth dreads i prob would get killed pretty quick. So far balance is looking pretty good at least for icc vs luth. Still have to test the new shields against the uggies.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
Page created in 0.017960 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR