No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » How do you use Fighters and Missiles? (effectively)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author How do you use Fighters and Missiles? (effectively)
µOmniVore
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-25 14:40   
I like the idea of the strike fighters maybe allow bombers to have anti ship weapons so they launch like regular except the bombs to damage to ships i like fighters now they work if they can get in standoff range w/o being killed.

as for missiles i wish i could replace the heavy missiles on the SS for fighters and the heavy missiles on the Line/battle station class with heavy torps. also is there a way to release a quick update that would allow beam fighter weapons to be set to pd upon launch so they can just pd would be awsome.

Email µOmniVore
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-25 15:56   
i got this technique called cloud fighters. launch fighters from max range, recharge jd, jump to the fighters and fire 2nd voley of fighters, etc. worked well against station spam

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-11-25 17:08   
Quote:

On 2011-11-25 15:56, Crazy Bastard wrote:
i got this technique called cloud fighters. launch fighters from max range, recharge jd, jump to the fighters and fire 2nd voley of fighters, etc. worked well against station spam

But with new fighter mechanics, what's the point? You've got a limited amount of fighters that can be launched at one time, and fighters don't get in PD range anyways.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-25 23:00   
Quote:

On 2011-11-25 07:28, Pantheon wrote:
Already planned to re-do Fighter AI.

Missiles are just fine.

Does this change mean that fighters will not auto-return, but only do so when specifically recalled?
At any point while they are out and flying, they should be able to get re-ordered, even if they are returning to the carrier.

While using a carrier, much of the time spent was re-launching fighters that kept returning when a target vanished briefly.

I finally got fed up and just started having them shoot at a dozen different Ctrl-click points.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-25 23:16   
Quote:

On 2011-11-25 11:21, Doran wrote:
Exhibit A: Doing it right

WHEN in they hell was this taken half the ~%#@?*?% on it.. i just dont have a clue as to what it is at al.

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-26 00:15   
waay back in 1.4/1.5 when you could build crazy things like Torp MDS, Cloaking EADS, PSI Combat Dessies etc.
Edit: and apparantly at 9:44:44 PM
Another edit: btw that weapon is a SABOT rocket... basically like a mini, rapid-fire torpedo.
[ This Message was edited by: Perseverance *FCA* on 2011-11-26 00:19 ]

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-26 08:10   
actually...

I think there is room for more types of missiles in the game. Currently, all missiles for each ship come in 3 types, a small long range/good manouevering missile, a bigger less long range missile and a big heavy damage missile.

I would like to have a missile on the cruiser and dread types that deals very low damage, has great speed and manouevrability and a fast reload time. Allowing you to fire incredible amounts of missiles at one target, have enough hit and you can kill it.

Usages: finally a way for missile ships to attack and kill ships smaller then cruiser. Good to deal damage vs dread and cruiser, but too low damage to actually be a killer.

Yours sincerely
Demigan.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-26 08:29   
Quote:

On 2011-11-26 08:10, Demigan wrote:
actually...

I think there is room for more types of missiles in the game. Currently, all missiles for each ship come in 3 types, a small long range/good manouevering missile, a bigger less long range missile and a big heavy damage missile.

I would like to have a missile on the cruiser and dread types that deals very low damage, has great speed and manouevrability and a fast reload time. Allowing you to fire incredible amounts of missiles at one target, have enough hit and you can kill it.

Usages: finally a way for missile ships to attack and kill ships smaller then cruiser. Good to deal damage vs dread and cruiser, but too low damage to actually be a killer.

Yours sincerely
Demigan.

Missiles are not for hunting small ships, that's what Fighters are for. This is also not Macross, spamming massive amounts of missiles that do piddly damage but reload very quickly would not be as cool as you may think, the only thing it would kill would be the server.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-26 15:03   
What if we had the missiles modified to auto-detonate when they get near if the two conditions are true?:
Missile is within splash damage range.
Missile is getting further instead of closer.

I keep telling players to MANUALLY DETONATE missiles when they reach or pass by the target so they don't swing around and swat me out of the sky like a silly fly. I've been killed by friendly fire Harpex about 3 times now, they just came straight the hell out of nowhere.

If the missiles miss on the first pass, they are unlikely to have enough propellant to pull a U turn.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-26 15:16   
That's the danger of using Scouts, Frigates, and sometimes even Destroyers when there's heavy missile spam going on. You just have to make sure to keep enough distance between you and the target to avoid being FFed, and if people are shooting Harpex at anything smaller than a Dreadnought then they're "tactically unsound" and you should just plain stay far away from them period.

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-11-26 17:43   
I love fighter spam but ill have to dissagree with who ever said they have alwasy been useless, in fact before the last 2 patches fighters actually went and attacked there target....well at least mine did....Now my fighters just dwiddle around and just dissapear.Also i still dont like how fighters launch now its dumb and dont make sence (fighters shooting up/down from top or bottom of ship) i liked how it used to be (they just launched from directly in front of you). Also Pantheon thank you for takeing your time to make fighters better i saw you said you where working on it or somethin. Please do it would be much welcomed.
~Supreme Commander Ray has expressed his thoughts~
Side note: some one asked why i always write the above statement after each of my posts. Answer: there are 2 people who play this account the above statment Represents that I the orginal owner of this account wrote that, if that statement is not there that that means i didnt write it. and if you want to flame one of us for a comment feel free to ask whos playing the account.-Ray

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.026706 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR