No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Skyrim
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Skyrim
Krim {C?}
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-11-28 21:04   
Quote:

On 2011-11-28 02:36, Crim wrote:
Then you really missed the point of Skyrim then.

Guess it's just not the kind of game for me. Odd, because I liked Fallout 3 alot more and it's the exact same style of play. *shrug*

GTN - Veneratio est Totus

Goto the website of Krim {C?}
Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-28 21:46   
Quote:

On 2011-11-28 21:04, Krim {C?} wrote:

Guess it's just not the kind of game for me. Odd, because I liked Fallout 3 alot more and it's the exact same style of play. *shrug*

Odd indeed, but it might be because Fallout 3 had one main storyline (pursuit of your dad, Project Purity, Enclave etc.) and little side missions which were not needed to finish the game, but can give you nice bonuses.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-29 09:51   
Quote:

Quote:

Having played both games, I can say easily that Skyrim is just so much more.. massive. Its easy to get lost in.

Level 74 sneak archer here. As you travel, you find more places to explore, dungeons that seem to last for hours.

Quests that lead to more quests, a thousand books to read to interest you, and loot that makes even the greediest person feel rich.

There is always more. Thats what gets me. I can wander off, point to the second star to the right, and find something else to do, something else I haven't found, some ruin I have yet to discover, and yet each one is unquie, fascinating.

Not to mention the main quests or the guild quests, which honestly were not nearly as cookie cutter or rubbish as I expected them to (cynically) be. I felt genuine regret, closed my eyes on a signifcant shot. Knowing that I changed something great in a world too big to really understand.

I've played for three weeks and logged over a hundred hours. I haven't touched the surface.

I've swam the first 8 feet in an ocean.

This makes Fallout 3 looks like a game for people playing their first RPG.

-Ent

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-11-29 17:38   
Quote:

On 2011-11-29 09:51, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Having played both games, I can say easily that Skyrim is just so much more.. massive. Its easy to get lost in.

Level 74 sneak archer here. As you travel, you find more places to explore, dungeons that seem to last for hours.

Quests that lead to more quests, a thousand books to read to interest you, and loot that makes even the greediest person feel rich.

There is always more. Thats what gets me. I can wander off, point to the second star to the right, and find something else to do, something else I haven't found, some ruin I have yet to discover, and yet each one is unquie, fascinating.

Not to mention the main quests or the guild quests, which honestly were not nearly as cookie cutter or rubbish as I expected them to (cynically) be. I felt genuine regret, closed my eyes on a signifcant shot. Knowing that I changed something great in a world too big to really understand.

I've played for three weeks and logged over a hundred hours. I haven't touched the surface.

I've swam the first 8 feet in an ocean.

-Ent

nerd

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-11-29 22:37   
Quote:

On 2011-11-29 09:51, Enterprise wrote:

-Ent

Depends uf the person is on PC or not and has the imagenation or not to add some DLC and mods >.>

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-30 14:42   

I had to add this comic

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Saphirako
Fleet Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-30 17:57   
Anyone remember Oblivion? At the moment, its all I have until I get Skyrim. That game is still very entertaining! can't wait to get it! Until then I'll have to deal with being the Arch-Mage and still not having access to all the boxes in the bloody guild halls! And reanimating dead people with the Staff of Worms (never gets old)... So yeah I can cope, but someone tell me, am I really missing out? Or is it pretty similar? And I know there is double wielding so please don't make that your chief argument. Thanks!

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-30 19:15   
oblivion for me was hell. I chose to be a imperial born under the sign of the lord. Made me weak to fire.

at level 4 i contracted vampirisim. A few levels later my game bugged out and i lost the ability to sit or feed. I spent the entire game as a full vampire and unable to quick travel. I often spent the day (the entire day as i was unable to wait) submerged in a lake or stream to negate the sun.

Being a full vampire and born under the sign of the lord, fire was very unhealthy for me. Since the main plot of the game had many fire wielding bad guys, It took many many many attempts to beat even one oblivion gate.

Dispite all this, i still think oblivion is the snit. I have a soft spot for playing against all odds. (hell im ICC after all)

but all and all Skyrim beats oblivion on EVERY level.

What are the perks of being a vampire or warewolf in skyrim? Negitive side? Thoughts?

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-11-30 19:16 ]

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2011-11-30 19:41   
Quote:

On 2011-11-30 19:15, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
oblivion for me was hell. I chose to be a imperial born under the sign of the lord. Made me weak to fire.

at level 4 i contracted vampirisim. A few levels later my game bugged out and i lost the ability to sit or feed. I spent the entire game as a full vampire and unable to quick travel. I often spent the day (the entire day as i was unable to wait) submerged in a lake or stream to negate the sun.

Being a full vampire and born under the sign of the lord, fire was very unhealthy for me. Since the main plot of the game had many fire wielding bad guys, It took many many many attempts to beat even one oblivion gate.

Dispite all this, i still think oblivion is the snit. I have a soft spot for playing against all odds. (hell im ICC after all)

but all and all Skyrim beats oblivion on EVERY level.

What are the perks of being a vampire or warewolf in skyrim? Negitive side? Thoughts?

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-11-30 19:16 ]

You do know that in Oblivion there is a quest to cure vampirism right?

In my opinion the negative side of being a vampire in both Oblivion and Skyrim far outweighs any advantages that you get from it.

In Skyrim, as a vampire when you are outside in the day time, neither your health or your stamina bar will refill. You will have up to 100% weakness to fire and when you are fighting fire breathing dragons, that falls under "bad idea". Also as a full, blood-starved vampire, everyone and everything will attack you on sight. They seem to detect you easily no matter how good your sneaking is. Oh and having a follower as a blood-starved vampire is annoying because even if you are not detected, your follower most likely will be. The perks you get are just not worth the trouble.
At first I just tried sending my follower away but soon got annoyed with having to feed so often anyway so I just rectified the situation as soon as possible...

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-30 22:16   
found the cure vampire quest at the last part of the shivering isles. (the very last of the game for me). was like meh.

What about warewolf?

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-11-30 22:35   

Ooh vampires.

Did you sparkle like ICC shielding when in the sun?

Silent Threat { Vier }
Marshal
Anarchy's End

Posted: 2011-11-30 22:56   
Quote:

On 2011-11-30 22:16, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
found the cure vampire quest at the last part of the shivering isles. (the very last of the game for me). was like meh.

What about warewolf?

Never actaully bothered with the Shivering Isles expansion. I believe you could have gotten the quest to cure it at any time during Oblivion. I forget just what starts it. Something to do with the ruler of the Skingrad. He was a vamp.

Have not had any personal experiences with werewolves in Skyrim so I can't tell you anything about them.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-01 00:57   
Quote:

On 2011-11-30 22:35, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

Ooh vampires.

Did you sparkle like ICC shielding when in the sun?

sparkle is for fairies

werwolf:
-con: you cant get any sleeping-bonuses (well rested / with your partner)
if anybody sees you transforming, youll get a 1000 bounty
youll grow in size and may have problems entering small tunnels
-pro: you can become once per day an unstoppable melee killing machine
as werewolf, your another person and crimes shouldnt raise you bounty
becoming infected with lycantropy give +100% disease-resist

you
- can turn into a werewolf for 2:30min at will (once per day) unequiping every item
- gain +1500 carry-space while transformed
- gain +100 health & stamina
- can run faster than a horse
- can eat corpses for additional 30sec time and to replenish health/stamina (they dont reg while youre a wolf)
gain increase in damage and afaik in attack-speed
- can howl to fear. nearby npcs
- every attack have a chance to instant-kill

i've read about the a of hircine granting unlimited transformations

[ This Message was edited by: NoBoDx on 2011-12-01 01:00 ]

Aaron Lienhardt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-01 12:24   
im doing alright in the game, finished the storyline so im just wandering around..
Played like...what was it? 50+ hours i think

lol i passed a lighthouse with a dead horse outside, when i went inside the place was a wreck and one redguard was lying in the middle with a falmer axe in her chest....now i have to find the source of the murders...which turned out to be falmers (blind cavemen),chaurus (big bug) and a chaurus reaper (really big bug) living in a cave in the basement

poor family, four adults, mom dad and kids all dead

i run around many things like this

Yes!!! we got here before the damn luthies!! who wants to celebrate?

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-12-01 16:08   
i like the way you find some quests ingame

i was doing a mission for the dark brotherhood, had to go into an old grave-dungeon, found a diary in a corner and now i try to find some relics mentioned in that diary to get into some inner sanctuary in that dungeon

or walked past 2 npcs and heard them talking about a treasure in some ruins

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022467 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR