No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Every suggestion topic by Fluttershy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Every suggestion topic by Fluttershy
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-13 02:18   
Quote:
On 2011-11-12 19:44, Fluttershy wrote:
I try to consider all the scenarios I can, and I've played all the factions to see what it feels like.

I give my suggestions a lot of thought before I make a post on it, you wont see me making any posts like "LET'S HAVE A SHIP WITH A BIG FORWARD FIRING SUPER DEATH BEAM "

There is one thought that you may dismiss during your judgement: development thought.

I have a cousin who graduated in IT field. He has constructed a website. When I look at it, I make some suggestions that I think they may be good, he refuses most of them then tells me the reasons, 90% is technique problem and 10% is personal favor. I recall this experience when I make a suggestion in DS. I'm not surprised, nor angry when my suggestions are denied. Simply, it's not fair enough to operate, or it's excellent but it's too complicated to maintain. Whatever, the devs know it best.

As the devs know it best, what we should do is to give feedback, not suggestion. Feedback ought to be report of unknown/new error, explicit abuse of game's vulnerabilities, obstacles of game play that are so difficult to bypass...

As far as I have been watching games, the changes of the game always and only depend on the vision and the will of the development team. There are barely suggestions that you can convince them, no matter how magnificent you think the idea is. So, instead of encouraging the dev team to change something, just accept the game the way it etertains you, or find a new game. Totally relax.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-13 16:52   
Quote:

On 2011-11-12 19:44, Fluttershy wrote:
I give my suggestions a lot of thought before I make a post on it, you wont see me making any posts like "LET'S HAVE A SHIP WITH A BIG FORWARD FIRING SUPER DEATH BEAM "

actually i've already suggested that
but not a death-beam... i'd prefer balls of flames (artillery-dreads)... was denied multiple times
... now the icc have the strike-cruiser

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-13 17:46   
The Strike Cruiser is currently a bad ship to use, you'll get better performance out of a HC or Border Cruiser. The only way it's effective is in large battles where ICC has a numerical advantage so it has the luxury of being able to pick targets without getting focused on, otherwise it's an utter joke because of it's almost complete inability to engage in close range combat.

I do find it amusing that you would bring up the artillery ship topic though, considering how long the Krill was exactly that.
[ This Message was edited by: Talien on 2011-11-13 17:51 ]

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-13 18:21   
the krill had a pituful range compared to those ships i sugested (range >2000gu) very small fireing arc & the "ability" to miss standing targets and almost no other weapons ( glass-cannon)

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-13 18:49   
I remember the arty-dread suggestion. It was absolutely rediculous and would have just resulted in everyone camping planets so they didn't get popped from long range. Not the same as the Krill. That's a medium range fire-support ship.

Also, even if your ideas are good, the devs really just don't have time for all of them. Go write them down somewhere and submit them as a cohesive unit or something, but don't expect the devs to have the time to really consider all of your ideas and implement them.
[ This Message was edited by: Incinarator |SoT| on 2011-11-13 19:16 ]

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-15 15:19   
I have a suggestion for you. Instead of suggesting so many things which our small dev team doesn't have the time to implement (no matter how cool or useful it may be) you should go learn C to help them program in the time you would otherwise be making suggestions or posting on the forums.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-15 17:10   
Funny you should say that, I was asking about helping them if they wanted it.

I don't know if I'm at the point where I can code an application completely from scratch without having some basis to work off of, though.

I have taken 3 programming related classes, java in highschool, C++ at the community college, and game design on an online course the community college had.
[ This Message was edited by: Fluttershy on 2011-11-15 17:13 ]

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-15 17:53   
Well then go practice coding so you can be good and fast.

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-11-15 17:57   
Now, is that three WHOLE programming classes? If so you may want to ask Faustus about taking over Palestar.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-15 20:51   
I don't have much if any practical experience with coding, and you can't get practical experience without having practical experience to get practical experience.

so can someone teach me some practical experience without needing practical experience?

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-11-15 22:10   
One word: Mods.

Pick a game, learn the toolset, make a good mod, that's the road to success.

And I mean actually good. Assemble a team of some other hopefuls, plan it out, make it more than just extra assets.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-16 00:28   
Oh I've done mods before, but most of the teams would lose interest and dissolve.

A Homeworld2 mod for Freelancer neared completion, it had all custom ships, weapons, sounds... couldn't get repair beams to work, though...
I'm not sure why that one died, it was working out quite well.

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-11-16 12:12   
I lol'ed so hard my drink actually hit the other side of the room

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-17 11:00   
Quote:

On 2011-11-12 11:06, Fluttershy wrote:

lol

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
*Obsidian Shadow*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-17 15:28   
Quote:

On 2011-11-12 11:06, Fluttershy wrote:

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022296 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR