No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Interdictors
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Interdictors
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 14:08   

It's simple. We kill the dictor.

If the dictor either

a) explodes
b) retreats
c) cloaks

that means the interdictor field isn't active around your fleet, and would be a good time to retreat if you're losing the battle. Dictors force people to be less reckless and actually think about their surroundings since it removes the most obvious escape route.

I don't really believe theirs a problem with k'luth and interdictors - it's not like it's something they've just recently were given or anything. Dictors have been on cruisers only since 1.480 and I don't see why it needs changing now all of a sudden (other then nobody likes dying, but that's part of the game)

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-11 14:33   
Did the dictors change since beta, cause if not, they can run for 5-7 minutes at max speed.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 14:41   
Killing the interdictor is not always an option.

What I would do is wait until a target starts taking hull damage, and right when they're acting as if they are gonna jump out, I jump in with a field up, and they simply wont live long enough to reach me and kill me.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-11-11 14:53   
hey, 'member when you couldnt even SEE the interdictor field?

good times, man.

now get off my damn lawn.

lousy kids...

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 15:10   
I can't, there's a dictor field preventing me from getting off of it (big lawn)

Qinc
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 16:37   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 15:10, Fluttershy wrote:
I can't, there's a dictor field preventing me from getting off of it (big lawn)

Once upon a time, there was a time when you could not see dictor fields and interdictors were a rather large amount more powerful than they are now.

An interdictor must travel at a slow speed in order to retain its interdictor field, an awful lot slower than it used to have to.

Once upon a time, we guessed when we were out of the interdictor field. There was no on screen warning to tell us our jump drives were disabled and interdictor fields were invisible, the only indication was that your jump drive simply would not engage.

Read back through the replies in this thread, you are one in a VERY long line of individuals who for a brief period of time around first rear admiral had this issue, interdictors even with a destroyer are relatively easy to destroy and as doran has said, if it accompanied by another or more ships then teamwork is not something that needs to be balanced.

Finally, you mentioned dreadnoughts. As a destroyer / cruiser class, unless you are being attacked by a kluth dreadnought, it should be having a disasterous time attempting to hit you.

@Qinc
[ This Message was edited by: Qinc on 2011-11-11 16:42 ]

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-11 17:13   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 14:33, The Fridge wrote:
Did the dictors change since beta, cause if not, they can run for 5-7 minutes at max speed.

I felt like that was overlooked, unless it was changed.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 17:24   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 16:37, Qinc wrote:

Once upon a time, there was a time when you could not see dictor fields and interdictors were a rather large amount more powerful than they are now.

An interdictor must travel at a slow speed in order to retain its interdictor field, an awful lot slower than it used to have to.

Once upon a time, we guessed when we were out of the interdictor field. There was no on screen warning to tell us our jump drives were disabled and interdictor fields were invisible, the only indication was that your jump drive simply would not engage.

Read back through the replies in this thread, you are one in a VERY long line of individuals who for a brief period of time around first rear admiral had this issue, interdictors even with a destroyer are relatively easy to destroy and as doran has said, if it accompanied by another or more ships then teamwork is not something that needs to be balanced.

Finally, you mentioned dreadnoughts. As a destroyer / cruiser class, unless you are being attacked by a kluth dreadnought, it should be having a disasterous time attempting to hit you.

@Qinc

I was around back then, and I'm thankful that they at least improved it to where you know where the field reaches out to, and that they aren't very combat capable on their own.

But I don't see the point of having mobile interdictors, except for crippling ICC and UGTO severely.
On the other hand, having mobile jump-enablers would have an interesting role in both spearheading an ambush, and getting a friendly fleet to safety.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 22:46   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 17:24, Fluttershy wrote:
But I don't see the point of having mobile interdictors, except for crippling ICC and UGTO severely.
On the other hand, having mobile jump-enablers would have an interesting role in both spearheading an ambush, and getting a friendly fleet to safety.

thats, what stations with their wormhole were for
whs work within dictors

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-11 23:58   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 14:33, The Fridge wrote:

No, they haven't been changed. I know I'm not the only one who sees them as fine aside from being able to jump with the field active and move at max speed with the field active for a very long time before running out of energy. At least with ICC Interdictors you can shoot them a few times so they'll drain energy faster to recharge shields, but for Kluth and especially UGTO Interdictors it takes a good deal more effort to do something about them. If they're fully loaded with defense enh, good luck getting rid of them before their buddies get rid of you.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-12 01:04   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 17:24, Fluttershy wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 16:37, Qinc wrote:

@Qinc

umm i don't see how it cripples any faction. Just think of it as an area denial weapon. If a dictor jumps in and trap you and you die, don't jump in with another ship and die again another point you were trying to make is luth armor regen. If you setup an ICC ship in a certain format, you can easily regen shields much much faster than stock, with minimal energy drain. this setup will easily out tank luth regen (have tested it several times). If you need some advice on how to format an icc ship in this manner come talk to me

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-12 01:30   
The only ICC ship I know how to format for that is the border cruiser with Actives over Reactives.

Anyhow, the use of the dictor that I'm talking about is jumping in on a group of players that just got ambushed and are just about to try and jump out to the edge of the system.
K'luth just float around cloaked all the time so they never have that problem.

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-12 04:55   
Every team has a dictor, so if you see an enemy dictor, get one of your own to even the odds. They can't point jump you, you can't point jump them, and a real battle, with great strategy and backstabbing will ensue as no-one can escape.

If you do it right, you can escape most situations without your jump drive (vs UTGO then, vs luth you need to escape alpha range before the second attack). Just learn how.

luth cannot 'just' stay stealthed all the time, as far as I know, stealth drains a lot of power. Their weapons also drain a lot of power. If they stealth too long, they can't fire their uber weapons. There are balances in place, although I would like to see them changed a little.

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-12 12:45   
Quote:

On 2011-11-12 01:30, Fluttershy wrote:
The only ICC ship I know how to format for that is the border cruiser with Actives over Reactives.

nah you can setup just about any icc ship to tank, BC is just the easiest and most effective

Quote:

Anyhow, the use of the dictor that I'm talking about is jumping in on a group of players that just got ambushed and are just about to try and jump out to the edge of the system.
K'luth just float around cloaked all the time so they never have that problem.

Oh they do have problems with dictors, it makes them more cautious because a dictor takes away the easy escape option. I can say this because i've flown luth almost as much as icc. I've killed luth many times while they were trying to flee inside a dictor cloaked. Takes combination of ping and blind fire but it works pretty well. Just takes some experimentation to figure out what works best with your current ships and such

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-13 17:11   
actulay we can cloak and move at about 3/4 to 1/2 our top speed and gain energy

my Mandible will gail enrgy when i go 11.3GU above that and it drop's slowly

(i did not take my ECM into acount remove another GU to compensate)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018475 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR