No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Shipyarding with enemy troops onboard
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Shipyarding with enemy troops onboard
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-11 12:09   
Nothing wrong with docking to avoid capture if you can make it back to a SY in time. If you're dropping troops on someone who's already orbiting a SY planet......well, why did you do that to begin with?

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 12:55   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 07:50, NoBoDx wrote:
and a station instant-kill a shipyard when it dock full of troops ?

basically, yes.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 13:24   
i'd prefer something like this:

when you dock, 50% of the enemy troops get killed straight ahead (cause theyre at a disadvantage after all) and the remaining enemy troops must fight the friendly troops on the ship + avaible troops on planet

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 13:30   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 13:24, NoBoDx wrote:
i'd prefer something like this:

when you dock, 50% of the enemy troops get killed straight ahead (cause theyre at a disadvantage after all) and the remaining enemy troops must fight the friendly troops on the ship + avaible troops on planet

never thought of it that way......i like it.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-11-11 14:38   
Presumably the enemy troops are killed or taken captive when their small boarding party is swarmed by friendly marines lying in wait at the shipyard.

Unless you've somehow had 30-odd troops loaded onto you, it's pretty much a given that any planet is going to have enough troops to handily defeat your boarders.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 19:37   
oh so its like that geja. i always thought they either disappeared or became friendly troops also thinking the planet had nothing to do with it.
[ This Message was edited by: jimjim578 on 2011-11-11 19:38 ]

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-11 21:47   
Well... When you drop 10 troops on a ship, which represents like 1/3rd the military population of an entire planet and they all go MIA without a trace, it's kinda.... o_0

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-12 04:58   
Quote:

On 2011-11-11 21:47, Fluttershy wrote:
Well... When you drop 10 troops on a ship, which represents like 1/3rd the military population of an entire planet and they all go MIA without a trace, it's kinda.... o_0

hear hear!

Slithis
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-13 08:47   
Real simple! Lose the option to cap a ship! No more arguement. Dropping troops on someone else just means you dont want them to fight back and just run away or self destruct. We hardly have enough players Friend or Foe) to even have a good battle or two, just depends on the time of day and who is on. Exazmple, 1 Kluth against 10 ICC or UGTO. That 1 Kluth has no choice but to drop troops on the enemy and cloak. Same for the other factions. Except the cloak part

People just need to use tactics when boarding. Dont use it as your main attack! Dont understand why people do this because you drop on me, all i have to do is drop 1 troop on you and your mine. Concentrate on using your weapons and evasion tactics instead. Board as a last resort so you dont leave yourself hanging out to dry. New players still have to figure this out it seems... Just because you boarded someone doesnt make you a victor, and i see people doing this just to be annoying and make the battles stale "High ranking players in tranny ships".

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-13 09:41   
Quote:

On 2011-11-13 08:47, Slithis*XO2* wrote:
Real simple! Lose the option to cap a ship! No more arguement. Dropping troops on someone else just means you dont want them to fight back and just run away or self destruct. We hardly have enough players Friend or Foe) to even have a good battle or two, just depends on the time of day and who is on. Exazmple, 1 Kluth against 10 ICC or UGTO. That 1 Kluth has no choice but to drop troops on the enemy and cloak. Same for the other factions. Except the cloak part

People just need to use tactics when boarding. Dont use it as your main attack! Dont understand why people do this because you drop on me, all i have to do is drop 1 troop on you and your mine. Concentrate on using your weapons and evasion tactics instead. Board as a last resort so you dont leave yourself hanging out to dry. New players still have to figure this out it seems... Just because you boarded someone doesnt make you a victor, and i see people doing this just to be annoying and make the battles stale "High ranking players in tranny ships".

Dropping troops on someone is a lousy way of trying to end a battle. It's tough to drop infantry on someone, and I've never seen anyone self-destruct or quit a battle simply because I've dropped infantry on them. It's moronic to use as your main attack, it's got such low chance of working even if you DO manage to drop those infantry on top of someone. Doesn't matter if they are empty, even then you have a lousy chance of capture.

I for one think it's fun to try and capture ships, it's a challange and there's nothing more fun then having an enemy player as your ally, no matter how fast the AI commits suicide with it.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-11-13 13:57   
Quote:

If memory serves, ships have a limit on how many enemy infantry can be on board at a time and the excess are lost if you try to unload too many infantry at once. So it's more like you try to unload one third of the military population of a planet on a ship and most of them can't get inside because there's no room.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-11-13 22:03   
Quote:

On 2011-11-13 13:57, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

If memory serves, ships have a limit on how many enemy infantry can be on board at a time and the excess are lost if you try to unload too many infantry at once. So it's more like you try to unload one third of the military population of a planet on a ship and most of them can't get inside because there's no room.

Which brings us to another point....

If I have a tranny with 10 troops aboard, and I unload it on top of a dread by pressing U, I should have 4 inf disembark onto the dread.

And not lose all the 10, but only have 4 getting on the dread.

I mean... we don't have time to click on each of the Inf icon in the heat of battle right?

Some processes should just be streamlined.

NoBoDx
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-13 22:13   
but how can the client know, that the dred doenst pd any pods ?

imho its better to drop too many troops

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-22 03:07   
It doesn't PD if your transport docks directly.

Also, I was not aware that extra troops vanished from existence.

Does this also mean that if a dread is fully loaded with its own troops, that it is impossible to even board it, as they wont even fit?

This brings me back to my other point about having some way of knowing what your troops are doing, how many are currently on the ship, and how many the ship can hold.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-22 10:42   
No, you can still drop troops on a ship that has it's cargo filled with it's own troops. I don't know exactly how it works but enemy troops can take a ship over it's max cargo amount if there are friendly troops/resources/enh/whatever already in the hold, but if your hold is empty and someone drops troops enough troops on you to fill up your max allowed cargo then you are unable to load friendly troops to fight them.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022435 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR