Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Invisible Ships, Fighters, Projectiles
 Author Invisible Ships, Fighters, Projectiles
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-07 13:30   
Seriously tired of getting killed by things that aren't even on the frikking screen.

Fluttershy killed by ICC Heavy Cruiser? What %^@#ing cruiser? The only red diamond on the screen is a planet 4000gu away, and there were no bullets, no beams, no nothing.

And I didn't have any chat lag at that time.

How do I force the client to resync? Please? I've only died two times that were a result of me being stupid. Every other time has been from enemies that don't exist.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-11-07 14:38   
The client resyncs by itself, you don't need to do anything. The entire replication system basically resyncs the clients all the time.

If you're seeing this, then there are other issues at hand, like massive packet loss on your end, huge latency, and/or you've enabled multi-core support when your processor doesn't support proper timing sync.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-11-07 16:08   
To resync your client, cam in on a friendly planet in another system, then cam back. Sounds simple but it works.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-07 16:53   
Invisible fighters and missiles happens a lot, especially in battles with more than 10 or so people.

Entire ships not displaying.....yeah, it could be your ISP or router having issues.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-07 18:19   
I'm sure it was the fault of my ISP when I was surrounded by 4 friendly dreads and none of them saw the attacking cruiser until several seconds after it killed me.

I think your servers are having a little problem.

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-07 18:26   
i have the same problem, its a new issie since 2 weeks ago or so. u fly around, notice ur hull going down but nothing shooting you. Only after you die or jump out, the enemy finally appears.

Seems package loss indeed, i have less issues on wired connection

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-11-07 18:28   
Same problem here. The thing is, I have my own personal high speed wired connection, so there shouldn't be huge amounts of packet loss.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-11-07 18:43   
Server's running just fine. No changes have been made. The likelihood is that the issue is one of the few mentioned in my post above.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-11-08 03:06   
invisible fighters/missiles - packet loss :/ get a big snake and poison your ISP.

there is this thing about objects which are beyond 5000 gu of your ship (maximum range of detection).
occasionally, the client doesnt receive information about an object (friendly or enemy) suddenly coming in the range of the ship. this happens more in case of ships on which the client doesnt pay any attention.

have you noticed that, after spending a nice 30 minutes not visiting the navigation screen, you see a lot of ship icons scattered around between star systems. they are the client's interpretation of ship locations from the last time you visited the F2. they are not updated/updated as non-priority to reduce bandwidth usage.

invisible ship thing, server will always tell you if theres an enemy within 5000 gu of you (remember the red flashing border). if the border flashes red but you dont see any enemy contact, go to the F2 screen, select an enemy ship (which should be about 100'000 gu away) and return to tactical view. you'll see the ship zipping across the stars to a place near you.
an alternate fix is to press E. the client will select the nearest enemy (again, located thousands of gu away) and request updates for it.

very rare phenomenon, it affects only some players, and it often affects them. it used to happen to me when i played in the AI-infested procyon of v1.5, on a 6 year old computer. maybe its time for you people to upgrade.
ultimate *trollface*

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-08 04:48   
You should shorten fighter's range, Jack. A ship stays as far as 5000gu to the target and able to attack another ship, it's simply intolerant.
BTW, give bomber fighter more bombs please.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-08 09:18   
Quote:

On 2011-11-07 16:08, xTc *XO* wrote:
To resync your client, cam in on a friendly planet in another system, then cam back. Sounds simple but it works.

your a LOTR fan MUHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHH. amd o, a lobster. so i have the ablity to disapear entirely from your screen

Page created in 0.023793 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR