No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » RSM reviews of ICC
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author RSM reviews of ICC
Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-06 06:43   
well as requested. ill get this started then and maybe add as we go.

a small review? i think icc is fine. better vs ugto, worse vs luth though.

Feels like only suitable weapon vs luth is assault dreads and someone who dont need pres flying a sensor frigate. range is useless if the enemy doesnt show itself untill it can alpha u. again...the sensor frigate or beacon scout can help a lot

fighting ugto as an icc is a breeze.

ugto vs icc is hard, ugto vs luth is easy, luth vs icc is easy, luth vs ugto is hard.

when only 2 factions fight eachother, things are unbalanced. All 3 factions online things get interesting

icc got restricted combat time due to ammo, but faster more independant repairs because of shields instead of armor.

icc got huge energy production and can fly full speed almost always, most ships can fire respectfully from the rear, and have more range. downside is a little less damage. Using weapon multiplextors and a few accelerators works like a charm for that.

gauss do a little more dmg from longer ranges because it hits more, also it is confirmed it does more hull dmg. The higher energy drain is so severe, that ur energy is out before you have killed the enemy target. so you need to fly slow to fire these guns. more suitable for staying far away, use a lot of accelerators to increase range to 2000 gu.

auxillary shield generators. since shields need power, and defense mode is available, i hardly use em. on a cruiser fighting luth it can save ur life, any other situation keep the auxillaries as power generators.

i noticed pulse wave killing most incoming missles again, seems fixed to me. Pulse cannon though, is obsolete. its close range causes the missles that get shot down to still damage you with the explosion damage. dodging missles is more effective.

ICC chemical lasers seem powerfull enough. if you get pointjumped a good tactic can be to tank forward shield, pounce the enemy front with all u got and go over him/her. then fly full speed away. now u tank the rear shield. the enemy turns towards you but you are already 300 gu away, you fire rear weapons on its already damaged front, and in most cases you be the first to do hull dmg to an enemy. at this time you dodge and run defense mode till shields are back to 60%. depending on dmg you might turn in for a second sweep.

Siege Dreadnought is awesome. granted that the jumpdrive recharge is less, the shear firepower is enough to kill any planet u pay a visit to. I personally like the 7x MIRV slot. jump in to 800 gu range (fly full speed u go further into the dictor field) of a planet, 3 seconds later u can fire 7 bombs on a building. you can kill 5 structures if unhindered, any hindering small ships are dead cause u got enough beams. By the time all the mirvs fired, your jumpdrive is almost ready again.

Missle dreadnought is the long range capability of a supply station, on a light dreadnought. No good vs luth of course, but an ugto refusing to leave the planet can be drawn out using this.

sensor frigate. need one if you are fighting luth. i personally got one enhanced because it can also support bombing very well (4x ecm). 2 sensor frigates near a siege dread is fun. with enough players you could even go out on a covert ops mission:)

face to face fights, an ICC ship is harder to fly. But for all the other stuff, bombing, planet shields, annoying people from long range, using a lot of ecm for covert ops strikes, ICC is very suitable.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-06 07:17   
It takes teamwork to be ICC. The biggest problem we had when we first started off were members being just every where doing their own thing. Then when we came together we started learning the advantages of the ICC. From what I noticed... the original ICC players are long retired. Mostly independents do whatever they want, and instead of coming together there is mostly complaining.

Adding to that K'luth comment:

I've noticed in an AD or CD I can take down a Mandible with time. But the second an Elite jumps in, it takes 3 ICC dreads to just take down the armor. In a EAD I could stand against 2 K'luth dreads and an Elite with enhancements. Weapons definitely are weak for ICC.
[ This Message was edited by: Guyton (Angel of Death) on 2011-11-06 07:26 ]

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-06 07:33   
You aren't facing EADs and BCs with defense enhancements, Benchfords, special armor, etc. Until then, you have no honest opinion of what vs UGTO is like.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-11-06 09:06   
Quote:

On 2011-11-06 07:33, Azreal wrote:
You aren't facing EADs and BCs with defense enhancements, Benchfords, special armor, etc. Until then, you have no honest opinion of what vs UGTO is like.

This.
Also throw in a few stations, 30 plats and every ai in the server.

But almighty is right, luth vs icc is easy, luth vs ugto is hard. You cant uncloak and gank ugto like you can icc. Luth has to hit and fade at around 500-600 gu(nerfed krill anyone?) where ugto weps do litttle damage, and also bring in a few ganglias, maybe a dictor. But it seems no one else on luth knows this.

I also see rsm flying their icc dreads like ugto dreads.

What prompted the switch might i ask?

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-06 09:14   
Quote:

Everyone has an opinion here. This is our opinion while playing the ICC faction. Even if its not by your standards.

@xtc

I agree with you. Nearly all RSM use Reflective Armor also. The change was vacation time to test out what it is like to be ICC. I found it to be pretty fun with the amount of debate and tactics we come up with while in teamspeak.

Note: Have yet to see ICC Elite Dread to assist the faction. Yet Rufus and the K'luth elite are always running around.
[ This Message was edited by: Guyton (Angel of Death) on 2011-11-06 09:34 ]

Ak-47[Elite Assault Rifle]
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-06 09:24   
Clrly someone here doesnt know what the hell he's talking about ..a Solo ICC Dread Cant do squat vs Equal equiped(Enhancements) UGTO Dread , unless he stays 800 gu's away and does zig-zags till the Dread jumps on top of him and either fights and die or jumps out to save his butt.And vs a Krill or Siphon ... shoot > Cloak ...repair ...Shoot > Cloak ....Repair... ICC Dread Gone...Any questions?...ICC Dreads need a minor Shield and Armor boost , 5% should do it.

[ This Message was edited by: Aka-47 on 2011-11-06 09:31 ]

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-11-06 09:46   
icc arent all that bad you just got to remember to rotate them shields to the correct arc as yesterday i was able to hull 2 luth dreads to about 50% and 80% and still run away
also i found out this

All AFE drives- you get 13.6 speed 11 on your turn energy goes up to 180+
All IE drives- you get 15 speed i guess 10 on your turn energy is 170+
All PFE drives- you get 11.5 speed and 10 on your turning energy is 160+

with my AD ive set it up this way
all 3 aux shield gens (they recharge faster than normal shields)
AFE its a good mix of speed, turning and max energy
the rest is std
enhancement wise ive got this
5 weapon plexors
1 zarl def
1 benchford
1 trail
[ This Message was edited by: SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness) on 2011-11-06 10:10 ]

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-06 10:32   
Quote:

On 2011-11-06 06:43, God Almighty wrote:
gauss do a little more dmg from longer ranges because it hits more, also it is confirmed it does more hull dmg.

Not going to comment on the rest but Gauss doing extra hull damage is completely false. From extensive tests, Gauss do not do bonus hull damage, and if they do it's completely unnoticeable because Rails still do more. It also does not hit more from range unless you're just shooting at Stations, the miniscule shot speed advantage over Rails is nullified by only firing 2 shots per volley.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-11-06 11:15   
Quote:

On 2011-11-06 09:14, Guyton (Angel of Death) wrote:

I agree with you. Nearly all RSM use Reflective Armor also. The change was vacation time to test out what it is like to be ICC. I found it to be pretty fun with the amount of debate and tactics we come up with while in teamspeak.

Note: Have yet to see ICC Elite Dread to assist the faction. Yet Rufus and the K'luth elite are always running around.
[ This Message was edited by: Guyton (Angel of Death) on 2011-11-06 09:34 ]

most of the time we dont have any one on so we have to fend for our selves. when there are like 3 or 4 of us we wolf pack. then remember when we attack cinn. that was a plan i made up at the moment with mack and i think ftl jack and i was bored fighting in kuas. was rather nice till you pulled out your station

with tactics you wolf pack dont use dreads or stations use HC SC CDestroyer MC and BC. use the speed and agility you get from it and you can take out any enemy. you know that the HC is our the best ships in the game with both agility and fire power. use it

with the icc elite dread we dont have one

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-11-06 11:43   
Quote:

I agree. Because most of RSM went to ICC, and the rest split between Luth and UGTO, there really aren't many capable players with full blue enh flying around on UGTO. Unless you do a fair(equal players) fight with both sides having the same amount of RSM players, you won't be able to truely understand how hard fighting a faction is.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-06 13:14   
please, Let RSM speak their mind.

I just want their side of things. I know they dont have the whole picture, thats beside the point.

*removed*
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-11-06 13:59 ]

Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2011-11-06 14:03   
icc doesnt have an elite dred, we just have a single regular combat dred

my 2 creds worth

PEACE...............
R.I.P. Stephen Hawking
R.I.P. sean connery
R.I.P. adam west

Email Fatal Mack Bolan(WildCards_58th)*COM*
Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-06 16:12   

good to hear your guys opinion on icc.

Quote:

On 2011-11-06 07:17, Guyton (Angel of Death) wrote:
It takes teamwork to be ICC. The biggest problem we had when we first started off were members being just every where doing their own thing. Then when we came together we started learning the advantages of the ICC. From what I noticed... the original ICC players are long retired. Mostly independents do whatever they want, and instead of coming together there is mostly complaining.

i think this about sums up the biggest issue with icc. this game is designed to be a team game and we just don't have the numbers to fight effectively. Seems like every time i logged in, (before the RSM switch) it was almost always myself and a few lower ranking admirals. If i got lucky perhaps a fleet admiral or a GA. its not easy to hold back EAD's with less than a handfull cruisers just my two cents on the matter.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-06 17:59   
Guyton, most ICC dont trust RSM. just the way it is. Dont expect many ICC to drop what they are doing to do what you guys want. It works both ways though, you guys wont drop what your doing to do what we want either.

Its not that big of a deal, and ICC works as a team just fine. Its just a bit of rivalry between ICC and UGTO. ICC's players are not what i want RSM to review though. I just want to know what you guys think of our equipment, good or bad. Just be honest. State your perspective. Im just after a fresh view on things.

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-11-06 18:01 ]

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-06 18:37   
Quote:

On 2011-11-06 17:59, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
Guyton, most ICC dont trust RSM. just the way it is. Dont expect many ICC to drop what they are doing to do what you guys want. It works both ways though, you guys wont drop what your doing to do what we want either.

Its not that big of a deal, and ICC works as a team just fine. Its just a bit of rivalry between ICC and UGTO. ICC's players are not what i want RSM to review though. I just want to know what you guys think of our equipment, good or bad. Just be honest. State your perspective. Im just after a fresh view on things.

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-11-06 18:01 ]

Most ICC players have assisted us just fine... its hard to drop what your doing if you aren't doing anything. Most sit there PMing me for advice about their faction.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027720 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR