Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Pirate faction = player faction?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Pirate faction = player faction?
Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-08 01:54   
Quote:

On 2011-11-08 00:34, SpaceAdmiral wrote:
The reason I oppose a pirate faction is because all they do is borrow tech and gadgets from other factions, where the MI at least have semi-unique weapons.

That's the point of pirates. they lack their own production capabilities so they beg, buy or steal (mostly steal)

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Princess Celestia
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-08 09:09   
Quote:

On 2011-11-04 17:59, BackSlash wrote:
Pirates are only supposed to have Scout to Destroyer, and two special Cruisers. They will not be made playable for the forseeable future, and they will not receive Dreads and Stations.

Any one think the Naut is missing?

Mylith
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-11-14 16:58   
Please don't do this. I love ICC.

http://twitter.com/DarkSpace7

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-15 02:21   
Would it be so bad to have pirates be playable? If somebody wanted a challenge? If the faction sucks, what is the harm in players being able to use it?

Everyone flying Siphons and EAD's is fine too, I guess.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-11-15 06:19   
the only way i think it would be nice, is that after you capped a ship, the AI tries to fly it back to a sy. If it reaches the sy and you have a free slot in the garage, you can fly the capped ship for one run ( die once or sy again and its gone).

this used to be so, but got removed because a midshipman could fly a nautilus. So why dont we add a badge/rank requirement? ooooh, finally something usefull for chief marshall again!

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-15 06:53   
Quote:

On 2011-11-15 06:19, The Flying Dutchman wrote:
the only way i think it would be nice, is that after you capped a ship, the AI tries to fly it back to a sy. If it reaches the sy and you have a free slot in the garage, you can fly the capped ship for one run ( die once or sy again and its gone).

this used to be so, but got removed because a midshipman could fly a nautilus. So why dont we add a badge/rank requirement? ooooh, finally something usefull for chief marshall again!

There should still be limitations...

Think someone capping nodes, and flying one. You would be able to break almost any siege, even fullscale station spam.

I think pirates could be a viable faction. One thing you have to remember though: the moment you make it a faction, people will make it their 'own' faction. Then they will start complaining about balance if they are too weak vs the other factions.

I still think that removing all the best weapons, and making the ships a clutter of armour, shield and different weapons would make it a good faction, different from the others.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-11-15 10:20   
Quote:

On 2011-11-15 06:53, Demigan wrote:
I still think that removing all the best weapons, and making the ships a clutter of armour, shield and different weapons would make it a good faction, different from the others.

That's basically what they are, weapons are a mishmash of all 3 factions, armor is usually rather on the light side for a lot of ships, and I don't know of any Pirate ship offhand that uses actual shield gadgets, they just have aux shields which are the closest thing you can get to worthless in this game with ECM (which a few Pirate ships have) currently coming in a close second.

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-15 12:20   
Quote:

On 2011-11-15 10:20, Talien wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-11-15 06:53, Demigan wrote:

That's basically what they are, weapons are a mishmash of all 3 factions, armor is usually rather on the light side for a lot of ships, and I don't know of any Pirate ship offhand that uses actual shield gadgets, they just have aux shields which are the closest thing you can get to worthless in this game with ECM (which a few Pirate ships have) currently coming in a close second.

Yes, but they only have small ships. Add some more bigger ships, randomise the layout more. Such as defending some arcs with shield generators and some with armour, and have less definable roles within the pirate army. Pirates wouldn't have the support for both fighter carriers and missile ships, so only small missiles would be available as an addition to the normal weapons. lower resource costs for small ships, make them higher for the bigger one's. Small ships are more easily captured then big ships, so they are less on the 'black market'.

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-15 12:24   
It would be neat if you could outfit the ships with different faction weapons.

I'd slap on an ion cannon and a pair of side mounted harpex missiles for my frigate XD

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-11-15 18:00   
Quote:

On 2011-11-15 12:24, Fluttershy wrote:
It would be neat if you could outfit the ships with different faction weapons.

I'd slap on an ion cannon and a pair of side mounted harpex missiles for my frigate XD

If I had my way with the faction (ooh), then the ion cannon and harpex missiles wouldn't be available, only lower faction weapons.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.013675 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR