No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » The meaning of life ?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author The meaning of life ?
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-20 01:29   
Quote:

On 2011-10-20 00:14, Perseverance *FCA* wrote:
Do not bend the life, or that is impossible, instead bend yourself by knowing the truth.

The problem is that many people are too brittle, and instead break.

I'd rather bend [my perception of] the world. It's much more flexible

Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-20 02:05   
Quote:

On 2011-10-20 01:29, Fattierob wrote:

But, by altering our perceptions, do we alter the truth?
Some argue that truth is unchangeable, but some bend it to suit their image of the World and filter out any "inconvienient" truths that ruin their image.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-20 03:37   
life is english for the word "leven", it go the same meaning as the french version of the word "vivre". When asking for the meaning u ask what ppl mean when they speak the word. The meaning of live is "all organisms where a reaction can be observed for an action".

The purpose of life, now thats another story. When looking at it narrow minded, u where created by your parents. They have thought up a purpose for you, and will start to teach u to become this purpose (worker drone, politician, etc). So in short the purpose of your life is whatever your parents decided your purpose should be. If you want, you can think of your own purpose. LIke my purpose is to save the world or something like that.

Now we start to broaden the view. I was created, b4 that my parents where, b4 that a monkey was, b4 that a mutant fish-frog, b4 that some bacteria in the ocean, b4 that some spores on a meteor or asteroid. So if we trace back our exsistence, we where spores in a meteor.

What purpose do these spores have/had? Create new life it seems. What purpose did my parents have? create new life. What is my purpose in life? create new life!

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-10-20 17:39   
Quote:
On 2011-10-20 01:29, Fattierob wrote:

Exactly Frob, i mean give the latest CERN disaster. E=mc2, but they found something that may have broken the speed of light. everyone screamed that Einstein was wrong and everything we knew might crumble down.
I said, "so? just remove E=mc2 of your list of knowledge and try to come up with something new. Einstein did just that." .. they all just looked like i was mars or alpha centari..
(CERN might have screwed up in there speed calculations, so they are going to re-evaluate there entire calculation and test it again)

When looking at something you get a static view of what your looking at, always continue to try to change your viewing angle. Sometimes you must look at yourself and change something there in order to get a new view. even so the result might lead to a new view and a new understanding.

What is the meaning of life? if i had to give my personal opinion, just one word: Change..

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-10-20 18:05   
"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet." Agent Smith, Matrix (1999).

Email Thrie
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.015890 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR