No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » ECM & cloak bug
 Author ECM & cloak bug
-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-10-15 21:18   
Ever seen your sig spike this high?

This is the result of a bug involving ecm and cloak that Kanos Revenge and I found.

Basically, we had two scales flying with eachother.

When both scales were cloaked with ecm running on both ships, my sig or both of our sigs would rise from 0.0, and steadily climb indefinately it seemed.

When only one scale had ecm running, sig was fine. When Kanos activated his ecm while we were cloaked, our sig would begin to climb indefinately, but would instantly return to normal once the cloaking device was deactivated.
Pic showing my sig instantly going to normal after decloaking, as this longhead was trying to pop me:
http://images.jbud.org/i/00000049vei.jpg

We stopped mid combat to test this as we noticed our sigs rising and we reproduced it several times.

[ This Message was edited by: exTacy *XO2* on 2011-10-15 21:24 ]

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-10-16 01:50   
its a very old lag/desync bug, i remember it to be atleast as old as v1.524.

what actually happened in the bug was that when ecm was used, signature wouldnt go down, and when it was disengaged, signature went up. exiting jumps would occasionally trigger off that bug where you were stuck with 60 signature in a cruiser after jump. sometimes, i was stuck having over 1100 signature in a bomber frigate.

in your case it seems when you activated cloak then the client, instead of showing constantly reducing signature, increased it instead. and it was increased indefinitely as signature wants to reach 0.

its weird that the bug still remains, as desync was fixed in v1.5. then again, energy depletion and regeneration calculations are still messed on the client side.

do you and kanos have old computer/bad graphics/bad network? computer and network generally cause this bug. and when you were cloaked and had high signature were you being attacked by other ai?

Boerenkool
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-16 05:02   
cloak set signal to 0. ecm lowers signal below 0. There's the bug, cloak tries to compensate for the negatgive signal

try not to activate ecm and cloak at same time.

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-10-16 09:43   
Quote:

On 2011-10-16 01:50, Compromisery wrote:
its a very old lag/desync bug, i remember it to be atleast as old as v1.524.

what actually happened in the bug was that when ecm was used, signature wouldnt go down, and when it was disengaged, signature went up. exiting jumps would occasionally trigger off that bug where you were stuck with 60 signature in a cruiser after jump. sometimes, i was stuck having over 1100 signature in a bomber frigate.

in your case it seems when you activated cloak then the client, instead of showing constantly reducing signature, increased it instead. and it was increased indefinitely as signature wants to reach 0.

its weird that the bug still remains, as desync was fixed in v1.5. then again, energy depletion and regeneration calculations are still messed on the client side.

do you and kanos have old computer/bad graphics/bad network? computer and network generally cause this bug. and when you were cloaked and had high signature were you being attacked by other ai?

Yes the longhead in above pic was trying to kill me and i confirmed over /y that i could be seen in F2 while cloaked.

And it only occured when both scales were cloaked and running ecm.

I dont know about kanos but i have a decent comp with a pretty fast network connection.

I cam'd in and back on other objects in other systems(a trick to fix desync), even other servers, and the problem remained, so i dont think it was desync caused

ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2011-10-17 20:21   
Quote:

On 2011-10-16 05:02, God Almighty wrote:
cloak set signal to 0. ecm lowers signal below 0. There's the bug, cloak tries to compensate for the negatgive signal

try not to activate ecm and cloak at same time.

the ecm will not give you a negative sig while you are cloaked instead your decloak time will be faster. and your active sig while decloaked will be lower so you can cloak fster

Email ADmiraLMaXimus (Bringer of Doom)
Page created in 0.019292 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR