No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Modding!!!
 Author Modding!!!
Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-07 22:21   
Hi people i wanted to ask you a few things about modding before i buy a few credits. First i saw enhancements like zlarrs def (but never use them) they are indestructible? Can u use zlarrs and benchfor in the same ship?. Last i was thinking about modding my AD for full def, zlarrs def, benchfor, and 6x 6% def up = 48% def up 4% dmg reduction, is this type of tank modding legal? Is it smart move for a AD?. Ty!

Pd: my AD is already mod for def with PFE for more power, the fore aux gen change for aux shield gen.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-07 22:52   
Yes, you can equip them both.

Yes it is legal

Yes it is a very good idea.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-08 00:19   
Quote:
On 2011-10-07 22:21, Critus wrote:
Pd: my AD is already mod for def with PFE for more power, the fore aux gen change for aux shield gen.

I tested in beta with a mod. He revealed that PFE is not worth using in most case. Stay with IE. Thinking a little bit, I agreed. PFE is good on ship that doesn't require maneuvability, i.g. Missle Dread.

Maybe you should switch fore aux shield gen back to fore aux gen. So that you can activate def mode longer and sooner.

Critus
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-08 09:19   
I have use PFE for the AD almost as long as i have ADs, i found it usefull for the plus energy that comes handy in battle and the fact that ur modding the dread to be a tank makes the speed lost almost insignificant. Thanks for the help now i have to buy the enhancements ¬¬

Thrie
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-10-08 12:40   
I favor PFE over IE for my AD. The extra energy does help with sustaining weapon fire and occasionally, toggle on def mode.

I had survived far longer with PFE than I had with IE. Switching on def mode for a couple second, toggle shield off for a second and let armor absorb a tiny bit of damage (especially useful when you're near depot) and toggle shield back on. Apparently, I'm not allowed to have 0% shield on arcs that aren't facing the enemy. Armor took damage on those arcs, must be the result of splash damage.

Grouping weapons also helps maximizing energy. I usually have beams on 1, Ion cannons on 2 and torps on 3. IC and Torps against targets more then 200gu away. Once target get within 150gu, use CL more often and IC and torps slightly less. Keep in mind, if you're literally touching nose with the enemy dread, chances are the splash damage from your torps will hurt you too. Since you want to maximize your shield def effectiveness, you don't want to hurt yourself with your own torps.

Email Thrie
Page created in 0.009275 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR