No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Railguns and planets...
 Author Railguns and planets...
nimby
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2002-02-19 23:04   
I moved Percy in the Eps Eri system a bit further out as it was too close to the star.

I have placed full mounted railguns on all ICC dreads as follows...
M400A 2 railguns
M400B 3 railguns
M410A 4 railguns
M300 2 railguns
M310 4 railguns

[ This Message was edited by: nimby on 2002-02-20 00:12 ]

Email nimby
Dead-Eye
Cadet
eXcellent Strategists

Posted: 2002-02-19 23:20   
It sounds good! At last, ICC dreads has railguns now.

And, I thought, you know, where all the planets are: Percy is in Epsilon Eridani
Sounds good, too. Incoming from wrong direction, ships was grilled in the sun, so this change will prevent this problem.

Greetings,
[eXS]Dead-Eye

nimby
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2002-02-20 00:13   
Quote:

On 2002-02-19 23:20, Dead-Eye wrote:

And, I thought, you know, where all the planets are: Percy is in Epsilon Eridani

Heh, thanks. I did move it in the right system just posted bad.

Email nimby
D3VaST8D
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-20 04:29   
Why does most of the ships have full mounted arcs? It was more fun and more interesting in the beta when the different ships had more different weapons arc. Weapons pointing forward, aft, port .... eeeeh what's the name of the 4th again....

As it was in the beta people tried to attack from behind, where ships usually had less weapons, but where icc had some ability to drop mines in the face

Where are the mines? It's VERY seldom seen in DS these days (yes I know, I used mines alot - creating huge minefields areond Af/Naix).

Could you Nimby please look into ship weapon arcs again. A little bit more strategic in the actual combat would be improving the game more...

Email D3VaST8D
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2002-02-20 17:21   
You'd have to redo all the ships though.. because of the prevalence of full-mount arcs, making any ship have side arcs or such would seriusly hamper their ability to fight.
Also, its good in theory, but its kinda difficult to fire with different arcs efficiently. You would have to be targetting new ships constantly and firing the weapons that face that direction. Its more work. Not that is necessarily a bad thing, but I think it would draw a lot of complaints and possibly be more work than its worth.

However, for the mine idea, I have to lend my support. I used to like the fact that the factions were more differentiated in the past, such as most ICC ships having at least one mine. It made combat more strategic in that if some silly UGTO player flew behind you, you could shove a nuke up his... tailpipe. But you have to take into account Point Defense, too... so it requires a little strategy, which I thought was a major tenet of the game.

So I think it would be wise to add a few mines to ships here and there... and maybe make a new mine or two - tracking mines, some sort of bio-mine for kluth (or something)... just to spice it up a little. They don't really need to be available much, but it would be nice to be able to buy them from planets once that code is all in place... since mines can be powerful tools used in the right hands.

Shig

Email Shigernafy
DrMud
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-21 17:02   
still the 410a is a bad joke. suggestions can be found at the beta forum.

Goto the website of DrMud
nimby
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2002-02-22 04:01   
Quote:

On 2002-02-21 17:02, DrMud wrote:
still the 410a is a bad joke. suggestions can be found at the beta forum.

OK, looked there, made a few comments, I would like more feedback regarding the 410.

As far as the weapon arcs go...
I have gone into this many times before, the main problem is that we are limited as to how many gadgets we can fit onto any one ship. A weapon facing one arc only is 1/4 of a weapon that can fit into any one slot. I remember in early beta when all the UGTO ships were mostly port/starboard and the ICC were front/rear...it made for a bunch of fun and strat, however it made the bigger ships less effective as they couldn't match the smaller ships unless they were full mounted. Now we save the biggest and baddest weapons for facings and have the main weapons full mounted.
I agree with your thoughts, however I hope that you understand why this is the best way for the weapons given the way that the gadgets work.

[ This Message was edited by: nimby on 2002-02-22 04:03 ]

Email nimby
DrMud
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-22 07:35   
we just need a good ballance, no uber ships
see my reply, im sure we get more ideas soon..

Goto the website of DrMud
Roomer
Cadet

Posted: 2002-02-24 04:54   
Its pretty nice you fixed the problems for ICC, so now they can attack utgo again, but have you thought about Kluth? Before the amor/shild update kluth has been really stroong, but now after the icc and utgo has stronger ships, better armored and the kluth have a lot problems to stay cloaked by fiering just one p canon its time to think about kluth and how to make them strong again. There was something about a story that the fighting fraction faound a new enemy... strong and frightening, but up to now they are just target nr. 1 and just good for "dirty" attacks on weak ships! Thats not good!

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2002-02-25 05:17   
you are right - roomer

we only need 5, five eccm running to dekloak a k'luth

or was it 6???

[MoA] Bumblebee
Mercenaries of Andosia
MOD of the cleanest Forum in town

[ This Message was edited by: Bumblebee on 2002-02-25 05:17 ]

Email Bumblebee
Page created in 0.019887 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR