- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Development Updates » » Improved Blind-fire
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Improved Blind-fire
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-29 23:02   
For the purposes of manual fire, Ctrl clicking is very clunky and hard to work with.

If we had, say, a toggle for firing modes, I think that could be a huge improvement.

In manual fire mode, the weapons will simply fire *without convergence* in the direction that you have the cursor in relation to your ship.
If some degree of convergence is needed, then it could just be a high number like 5000gu

Automatic mode still remains useful for general close-combat, and allowing one to focus on tactics, not aiming.

Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-30 02:59   
I like the idea. How about you press ctrl+space, and the guns will automatically keep firing in the direction of your mouse? I have trouble blindfiring at luth that are almost on top of me because you speed past the point you select, and the ammo flies in all directions, maybe only one hitting the luth.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 03:32   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 02:59, Demigan wrote:
I like the idea. How about you press ctrl+space, and the guns will automatically keep firing in the direction of your mouse? I have trouble blindfiring at luth that are almost on top of me because you speed past the point you select, and the ammo flies in all directions, maybe only one hitting the luth.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

blind fire is fine you just need to learn how to do it effectively the closer to your ship you target the more spread your projectiles get if you know the general distance the luth is from you pressing shift-space will detonate all torps and core weapons prematurely therefor dealing splash damage to the luth if you hit around him and say luth dreads have big hit boxes

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-30 04:53   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 02:59, Demigan wrote:

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

I was actually wondering why it couldn't work this way (I tried experimenting with it in various different ways before making this post).
Currently you need to release Ctrl before it locks in the way point, and this causes problems because if you're in motion, the way point will zoom right by you instead of staying relative to your ship.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 05:05   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 04:53, Fluttershy wrote:

I was actually wondering why it couldn't work this way (I tried experimenting with it in various different ways before making this post).
Currently you need to release Ctrl before it locks in the way point, and this causes problems because if you're in motion, the way point will zoom right by you instead of staying relative to your ship.

then you need to either slow down or target a diffrent point its all about learning when you start out your not going to be the best its all about taking your time and learning the tricks of the game. im sure anyone one your respective factions would be happy to help you if you asked i mean hey for the first 2 weeks i played the game i pretty much did nothing but be a supply ship listening to people on how to pilot ships and learning the ropes.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 07:07   
when your ICC [i][b]NEVER, NEVER[i][b] Slow down. Speed is life in ICC use it.

I can already tell you that jack will say no, So your just gonna have to learn how to blind fire

Email *FTL*Soulless
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 07:25   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 07:07, Kanos wrote:
when your ICC [i][b]NEVER, NEVER[i][b] Slow down. Speed is life in ICC use it.

Could I ask for you to get your facts straight as I've just played about a week + on icc and I did fine using dreads stats and crusiers I'm sorry that you can't but it can be done my combat dread was brilliant for taking down Luth and ugto so was the strike crusier stop QQing and learn how to fight better some one has to say this Luth cloak is fine icc shield do need a buff we all know this but cloak is ok and yea this idea of blind fire wouldnt be implement I'm sorry to day

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-30 07:29   
actualy i think this is a great idea.

Hell how many people can blindfire still in the game? 15? 20?

Even i have to slow to nearly a crawl to do it effectivly. (0-8gu)

[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-09-30 07:30 ]

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 07:33   
I can do it fine at up to 15-17.5 gu

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-30 07:42   
i did say effectivly.

To a point where if the kluth does not do something rash, he will die.

if your zipping around at 15-17gu then your going to miss his course correction eventualy.

Also no way in hell you can blindfire at 15-17gu at anything smaller than a dread.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 07:45   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 07:42, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
i did say effectivly.

To a point where if the kluth does not do something rash, he will die.

if your zipping around at 15-17gu then your going to miss his course correction eventualy.

Also no way in hell you can blindfire at 15-17gu at anything smaller than a dread.

Well done i did mean at a dread since this is what most luth fly...

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-30 09:28   
For people who haven't spotted this:

If you place a target point with ctrl, release control, select the target point and then hold down control again with your cursor over the point, you can pick it up again and move it around with it selected, so (if I recall) you can keep moving the point around while you shoot.

Unfortunately, as far as the server is concerned all weapons "lock in" the target when they start firing, and that point won't move for the entire volley. To the person moving the aimpoint, it looks like the volley is following the target point, but as far as the server and thus "reality" is concerned, all the shots are aimed at the initial point. Your shots won't do any damage.

You've probably seen people looking for K'luth ships by firing randomly and you're wondering "why aren't they moving their aim point? They'd have a better chance of hitting them if they moved the aimpoint around..."

The answer is that they probably ARE, but they're the only person seeing it. Minor bit of desynchronisation that should probably be looked at at some point.

TL;DR: There's no point moving your manual aim point after you've started firing, because it won't register on the server and what the server says goes. Although you can still spot cloaked ships because the projectiles will hit them, nobody else will see it and you won't deal any damage.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-30 11:16   
blind fire works best with a group of ships covering a larger area. also use core weaps since there "flash" when it hits something is much more noticable.

Email Borgie
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 13:25   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 09:28, Gejaheline wrote:
For people who haven't spotted this:

If you place a target point with ctrl, release control, select the target point and then hold down control again with your cursor over the point, you can pick it up again and move it around with it selected, so (if I recall) you can keep moving the point around while you shoot.

Unfortunately, as far as the server is concerned all weapons "lock in" the target when they start firing, and that point won't move for the entire volley. To the person moving the aimpoint, it looks like the volley is following the target point, but as far as the server and thus "reality" is concerned, all the shots are aimed at the initial point. Your shots won't do any damage.

You've probably seen people looking for K'luth ships by firing randomly and you're wondering "why aren't they moving their aim point? They'd have a better chance of hitting them if they moved the aimpoint around..."

The answer is that they probably ARE, but they're the only person seeing it. Minor bit of desynchronisation that should probably be looked at at some point.

TL;DR: There's no point moving your manual aim point after you've started firing, because it won't register on the server and what the server says goes. Although you can still spot cloaked ships because the projectiles will hit them, nobody else will see it and you won't deal any damage.

Beams will show a hit if the enemy is in range, but will do no damage. Only you can see the hit too.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 14:40   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 07:25, RogueAvenger10 wrote:

I have played ICC for 2 years. I kinda think i know how to play. So try taking a stock HC and fly under 10 Gus vs ugto or luth and see how well you do

Borg has it right with the core weps, you can kinda do it with cannons but you have to be close (~400 Gus unless you have a sharp eye).

Geja's right there. Why it is a good idea to key your cannons (or core weps) on different keys and sweep fire then and when you get a hit target near by and smack the spacebar

Email *FTL*Soulless
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022142 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR