No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » One-Hitting Kills
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author One-Hitting Kills
TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-29 00:10   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 23:15, Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
Honestly it sounds like you either got hit by a wave of invisible missiles ( probably from a ganglia) or you were lagged out and you never saw the damage being incurred. Are you sure it isn't possible that a kluth siphon uncloaked behind you and killed you in one alpha strike? They can do that.

I've never noticed any lag normally in the game. I know now that it was UGTO and it was a player. I guess many things "could" happen but this happened twice within a very short time. I was targeting another ship which I assume was the nearest to me when I pressed "E". Maybe they did sneak up on me, as I said, I'm still pretty much a newb and I'm having to learn a lot all over again.

And I was perhaps mistaken about not being able to operate the same class of ship. I forgot that I didn't want to delete any ships because they were all enhanced, so instead, I started another account so I could try other factions. It seems I'm doing better now in an ICC Scout ship. It seems to be pretty good at taking down transports and supply ships. The biggest problem now seems being able to get close enough to an enemy before an AI beats me to it and destroys them.

If I find I like one faction over another, maybe I'll go back to my original account and switch some ships. I appreciate all the ideas.

Goto the website of TE5LA
Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-29 02:26   
a frigate dies fast, missles can kil u if they hit u. a longhead also has a nice alpha...Also as said there are AI with player names, ending with elite.

sounds like lag or missles, or a combination.

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-09-29 23:17   
hmmm
you said you were flying a frig and the next ("E") enemy was 1500gus from you and you got one-shotted ?

the only ships i can think of are missle-dreads, stations or you found some mines

support-stations (at least hive) can oneshot destroyers, IF they hit
[ This Message was edited by: Nekatil on 2011-09-29 23:19 ]

deathblave
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 00:33   
probly got nialed by a siphon with ecm on it and with his ecm on the figita probley deid before he chould trun the camra to see the luth ship cloek

Email deathblave
Demigan
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-30 02:56   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 00:33, deathblave*FCB* wrote:
probly got nialed by a siphon with ecm on it and with his ecm on the figita probley deid before he chould trun the camra to see the luth ship cloek

I have recent experience with luth alpha'ing you. And it's pretty hard to miss the big beams, even when they fire from behind, no matter how big the ship is. Even a transport is hard to miss when it shoots at you.

Probably those stealth missiles, or other missiles from somewhere else. Did you hear a strange sound around 15 seconds before you died?

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 03:33   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 02:56, Demigan wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 00:33, deathblave*FCB* wrote:

I have recent experience with luth alpha'ing you. And it's pretty hard to miss the big beams, even when they fire from behind, no matter how big the ship is. Even a transport is hard to miss when it shoots at you.

Probably those stealth missiles, or other missiles from somewhere else. Did you hear a strange sound around 15 seconds before you died?

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

If so a tip is o have eccm on and pd on this will combat those missiles

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-09-30 06:10   
moving also helps.... those missiles hardly hit anything below station

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 06:20   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 06:10, Nekatil wrote:
moving also helps.... those missiles hardly hit anything below station

nah dreads are pretty easy to hit 2 and cruisers at close range

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Reznor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 13:00   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 15:57, Whiterin wrote:
Hmm... from what you're saying, I am guessing you're lagging. Once in a while, out of nowhere, I will take massive damage. I am in a defense enhanced dread, and all armor arcs will drop to 0 and I will be at like 30% hull, but there will be no ships in range. Only thing I can think of, and I know it does happen, is you or the server lag, and don't display whatever is doing the damage. Sounds like you have been having this issue.

With what you say about the range, I would definately think this is the case. The only thing that could even hit you and kill you so quickly at 1500+ GU would be a range enhanced ICC Assault Dread... which still isn't very likely. In a small ship, even if you weren't trying to dodge, it would be nearly impossible to even hit you at 1500+ gu.

I took lag damage yesterday in this manner. No ships near me, no shots, just my arcs all vaporizing. My ship was a def modded AD, and it took me to 75% hull in about 10 seconds. I jumped away and didn't have a problem the rest of the night.

Interdictor: (DS) A planetary emplacement or Cruiser Class vessel capable of preventing FTL travel in a certain radius.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-09-30 13:30   
I used to get game glitches where there was an ead firing on my arc's but i couldn't see it or see the projectiles/beams fired at me.

Blind firing in the general direction also showed nothing, had to get allies and enemies to tell me if there was someone there or not.
Sounds similar to that.

TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-30 13:40   
One thing I like about this game is the community. When you ask something, people don't respond by calling you a noob or insist that you're crying, just good reasonable opinions. Keep up the good attitudes and this goes far for keeping new people in the game.

Since I started this thread, I guess it wouldn't be high-jacking to change the subject. It seems though people feel there is a definite OP faction and crippled ones. Seems like it wouldn't be all that difficult to adjust some things here and there to balance them better.

In testing, have they ever done one-on-one battles with ships using experienced players to see who comes out on top more often and try to make adjustments from this data? Just curious.

[ This Message was edited by: TE5LA on 2011-09-30 13:41 ]

Goto the website of TE5LA
justin94
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-30 14:02   
Quote:

In testing, have they ever done one-on-one battles with ships using experienced players to see who comes out on top more often and try to make adjustments from this data? Just curious.

This is something I have thought about often, and I have heard many people in MV call for a 1 on 1 match to the death, but I have rarely seen it. However, this game has a rock\paper\scissors aspect to it which makes it very difficult to judge what faction is most powerful.

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-09-30 22:55   
duels are always to death

otherwise you risk a ban or pres-penalty from an admin

Brutality
Marshal

Posted: 2011-10-01 00:54   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 13:00, Reznor wrote:
I took lag damage yesterday in this manner. No ships near me, no shots, just my arcs all vaporizing. My ship was a def modded AD, and it took me to 75% hull in about 10 seconds. I jumped away and didn't have a problem the rest of the night.

you got hit by the ugto elite dread I was there and the same thing happens to me sometimes. when this happens i just jump into F2 and select one of the elites and then it renders

Fluttershy
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-02 16:25   
I quit this game a long long time ago when I kept getting 1-hit-killed by some poorly visualized Area of Effect weapon. Every time I entered combat I would go from full shields and armor to randomly exploding, even though I was evading everything.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.038017 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR