No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » One-Hitting Kills
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author One-Hitting Kills
TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-28 10:52   
I've been absent for over a year from the game and just restarted. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "crying" here, just want some real opinions. I'm only at VA rank and decided to try another faction, but of course, have to start off in the lower ships. I can't seem to get any prestige now because I can't find anything to damage. There used to be pirate ships that I fought to level up, now I can't seem to find them. When I try to encounter other player ships, I get destroyed (from full hull and shields) by a single shot. Is this normal? If so, do you feel it is reasonable? I should think that any ship should be able to withstand at least a little punishment before going "boom!" This happens even from long range and I typically never even see the ship that killed me.

Please help an old newb.

Goto the website of TE5LA
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-28 12:05   
quick questions - did the ship killing you have enchments aka if your in a icc dessie and a luth siphon uncloaks and alphas u with beam mutliplexers it is going to help if so you might want to concider staying at range dont more slow ever and maybe if possible buy some creds and get def ench's also if ur icc maybe you shield choice was wrong and use def mode and rotaion are key if ugto refit with diffrent armour aka reflect for luth combat as its better v beams hope this helped

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
pawnerz
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-28 12:30   
All i need to say is..

Shift + J is your best friend.

TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-28 12:53   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 12:30, Marshal pawnerZ {HitMan!} wrote:
All i need to say is..

But you don't have that opportunity when you can't see the attacker and you're dead with one shot. That's my point.

The nearest enemy was over 1500 gu from me, so far that I couldn't hit him. The one who killed me was farther than that then.

I have no way of knowing what was on the ship. It was an Elite Dread though.

[ This Message was edited by: TE5LA on 2011-09-28 12:56 ]

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-28 13:00   
AI D:

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-28 13:29   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 13:00, RogueAvenger10 wrote:
AI D:

It wasn't AI, it had a player name.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-28 13:42   
A; you dont have to start back in small ships

B; you could not find anything to kill? Try spawning in the middle of the map or as close to the middle as you can. That is, when you first log on zoom waaay waaaay out, and find a SY in the middle system. There are lots and lots and lots of AI there. TONNAGE!

C; We have AI now with player names. they also have Elite at the end of their name.

D; Yea, dreads vs small ships are nasty. All ships across the bord got a damage increase. Only UGTO recived a compensating bonus to defense. (lols to himself)

E; you dont see him blow you up, because he is behind you and you keep your camera zoomed up to close to your shiny arse section. Try zooming out just a bit. Make sure you can put a marker 300gu or more twords your camera. This will stop enemy from sneaking up on you in beam range. Also, listen. kluth decloak time was recently shortened by a good bit, but you still will hear the ship befor it can fire. At that point, take evasive or jump out.
[ This Message was edited by: *XO*Defiance{CM7} on 2011-09-28 13:45 ]

Flux Capacitor
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-28 15:51   
give more info, we can only guess now... like: what ship, what faction, was it just the one ship, where u alrdy dmged, what ship where u in, etc.

my guess:

u got hit by a rlly big ship, before u died u saw a bright yellow light, and u didnt turn or rotate shields? in that case yes its normal

Goto the website of Flux Capacitor
Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-28 15:57   
Hmm... from what you're saying, I am guessing you're lagging. Once in a while, out of nowhere, I will take massive damage. I am in a defense enhanced dread, and all armor arcs will drop to 0 and I will be at like 30% hull, but there will be no ships in range. Only thing I can think of, and I know it does happen, is you or the server lag, and don't display whatever is doing the damage. Sounds like you have been having this issue.

With what you say about the range, I would definately think this is the case. The only thing that could even hit you and kill you so quickly at 1500+ GU would be a range enhanced ICC Assault Dread... which still isn't very likely. In a small ship, even if you weren't trying to dodge, it would be nearly impossible to even hit you at 1500+ gu.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-28 16:52   
I don't know what it's like to rank up in MV. All my ranking was done in scenario, and we earned our badges with it just through the normal everyday gameplay.

Honestly, I can't imagine having to do all that in the MV, although with the new planet system it's probably not so hard to earn transport badges.

One-hit kill from a player when the nearest enemy is 1500gu away sounds like a Kluth popped you. Need more info though: what faction were you, what ship were you in, what server etc.

TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-28 17:58   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 15:51, The Flying Dutchman wrote:
give more info, we can only guess now... like: what ship, what faction, was it just the one ship, where u alrdy dmged, what ship where u in, etc.

my guess:

u got hit by a rlly big ship, before u died u saw a bright yellow light, and u didnt turn or rotate shields? in that case yes its normal

As I said, I had 100% hull. There wasn't anyone within 1500 gu from me. I never heard or saw a shot of any type. I had 100% hull, the next second, I was destroyed.

The type of ship should not matter because I don't think any ship should be able to destroy any other ship with one shot. That was my point.

TE5LA
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-28 18:05   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 16:52, MrSparkle wrote:
I don't know what it's like to rank up in MV. All my ranking was done in scenario, and we earned our badges with it just through the normal everyday gameplay.

Honestly, I can't imagine having to do all that in the MV, although with the new planet system it's probably not so hard to earn transport badges.

One-hit kill from a player when the nearest enemy is 1500gu away sounds like a Kluth popped you. Need more info though: what faction were you, what ship were you in, what server etc.

I think I was ICC, probably Attack Frigate or Missile Frigate. I know it wasn't an AI unless the AI are also making posts in the forum. I don't want to give names because the guy did nothing wrong. I'd love to blast people away as well. I'm just wondering if this is normal if it's a good thing.

I know I have a lot to learn still, especially playing factions I've never played before. Someone said you don't have to start over, but I thought you needed certain awards to use ships. I can pilot a cruiser as K'Luth but not as ICC or UGTO, at least I don't think I can.

Thanks for the help.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-28 19:27   
some servers are rank locked. While the map is just ONE BIG MAP, its still devided into servers, and conselations. Rogens rift (looks like a Y) is locked to 1RA. Ursa minor (looks like little dipper sort of) is locked to Commander?

Anyway you can spawn in these servers, but you have to use a ship at or lower than the rank restriction. aslo you will not gain or loose press in these servers (explains why you were not gaining any)

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-28 22:34   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 12:53, TE5LA wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 12:30, Marshal pawnerZ {HitMan!} wrote:
All i need to say is..

But you don't have that opportunity when you can't see the attacker and you're dead with one shot. That's my point.

The nearest enemy was over 1500 gu from me, so far that I couldn't hit him. The one who killed me was farther than that then.

I have no way of knowing what was on the ship. It was an Elite Dread though.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-09-28 23:05 ]

How can an EAD hit you from over 1500 gu away? You said it was a player ship.

Or do you mean an Elite AI dread?
In that case, the only ship that could hit you from that far would be a Ganglia or MD. Did you see anything one shotting you?

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-28 23:15   
Honestly it sounds like you either got hit by a wave of invisible missiles ( probably from a ganglia) or you were lagged out and you never saw the damage being incurred. Are you sure it isn't possible that a kluth siphon uncloaked behind you and killed you in one alpha strike? They can do that.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020867 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR