No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Question(s) about 1.672 - Beta
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Question(s) about 1.672 - Beta
Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-28 08:15   
Quote:

On 2011-09-27 06:34, Pantheon wrote:

No, it doesn't. The 'out of combat' repair is fine, the only issue this seeks to resolve is taking too long getting back to combat. Back in the day when your ship exploded and it was gone for good, you could just grab a new one at full health, which minimised downtime.

There was one advantage to this old system,

You couldn't keep spawning stations or E/ADs due to the resources and different metals. When invading a system you used to have to spawn at your home systems that had the resources and make your way back.

I want that DS back

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-28 08:20   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 08:15, Fatal Ants (XO) wrote:
Quote:

No, it doesn't. The 'out of combat' repair is fine, the only issue this seeks to resolve is taking too long getting back to combat. Back in the day when your ship exploded and it was gone for good, you could just grab a new one at full health, which minimised downtime.

There was one advantage to this old system,

You couldn't keep spawning stations or E/ADs due to the resources and different metals. When invading a system you used to have to spawn at your home systems that had the resources and make your way back.

I want that DS back

Well it's not coming back, so tough banana's. You may like it, another person may like it, but for everyone person that does, you can bet your bottom dollar that two or three others won't.

Ants
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-28 10:01   
Quote:

On 2011-09-28 08:20, Pantheon wrote:

Well it's not coming back, so tough banana's. You may like it, another person may like it, but for everyone person that does, you can bet your bottom dollar that two or three others won't.

True that,

But still can dream of the "Good ol' Days"

Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-09-29 23:24   
just tested the new targeting for beams looks good but 1thing bothers me:
when i alpha targets, all lasers target the same sub-gadget

if possible, every one should target a different gadget

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 15:04   
Quote:
On 2011-09-29 23:24, Nekatil wrote:
when i alpha targets, all lasers target the same sub-gadget
if possible, every one should target a different gadget

It will be less efficient that way. Cause when you target a specific gadget, you don't want those beams hit randomly anymore. Even if you are not focusing on any part, concentrating beams on one gadget ensures you have a better chance to deactivate it temporarily, then you can turn to another gadget.

I don't like the current subsystem damage. Weapons cause damage to subsystem when hull gets below 50%. It's terrible that once the subsystem starts repairing, lots of gadgets queues in line. Although the ship automatically self-repair is fast, having almost devices deactivated is a nightmare. I prefer:
  • Weapon cause susbsystem damage when they hit hull. Special device like flux doesn't damage armor but surpass them and hit subsystem directly.
  • Devices have 10% higher HP but self-repairs 20% more slowly. Thanks to that, during the combat, ships won't disable in a sudden but its parts get deactivated periodcally.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-30 15:43   
System damage is generally pants all round regardless, and I believe ideas are being worked on to make it less useless what with the "supply ships instantly repair it and you'll usually explode before it becomes serious" thing.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-30 15:46   
i was under the impression that beams targeting gadgets was a visual effect to give the game more flare. Not that each individual gadget can take damage from...

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-30 16:31   
Quote:

On 2011-09-30 15:46, *XO*Defiance{CM7} wrote:
i was under the impression that beams targeting gadgets was a visual effect to give the game more flare. Not that each individual gadget can take damage from...

That too, yes.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 17:05   
Quote:

You still do that, only it's another ship in your garage. You die, you spawn your next ship and you jump right back into the fray.

I've never liked it. It always felt too "FPS" to me, and it kinda killed the idea of one fleet wiping out another and taking it's system, because you never really wipe them out when they jump right back to you with a new ship. You invade an enemy system, you beat their defending fleet in a close battle, but because of garages + shipyards you're really killing them multiple times, and sometimes the enemy wins due simply to the fact the attackers can't stop them from constantly respawning. I remember one very prolonged battle for a shipyard (Kluth vs UGTO) where it was simply impossible for Kluth to win even with superior numbers and multiple "victories", because of constant respawning nearby. The victory was decided by the ever-popular tranny rush, but that was the only option; it was either that or give up.

Back in the day you could spawn a new ship, but you had to travel unless the battle was in your home system. I'm talking way back in the day.

The problem with the new timer is the fact that it may make it even easier for people to jump back into battle and influence the outcome, after already being destroyed. I'm thinking worst-case scenarios here. There's nothing more annoying than killing the few defenders then seeing them right back in your face again.

(ok maybe the problem isn't the repair time, but the ease of respawning in another ship in the same system)

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-30 17:14   
and to that i say, being on the faction with the lowest numbers, we should not hinder a lone, or few players ability to fight back.

Lone defenders have already taken a huge blow with the ecm change. I sort of welcome this change.

Ive tested it myself (exept stations) and found it to be very meh. Its no game breaker for sure. If it keeps people interested in the game, then so be it.

The only problem area i see, is Supply stations...

Maby the repair bonus should only apply to depots, and supply platforms? That way a group of SS cannot augment their abilities.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-30 22:41   
They don't have a problem fighting back, unless you think being able to respawn over and over is part of fighting back.

I don't.

Like I said, that kind of gameplay feels FPS to me. I don't play FPS. I'm not into action games unless they're Grand Theft Auto or Diablo or something.

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-10-01 02:20   
the alternitive, is;

monkey see biger fleet.

Monkey scratches head.

Monkey logs off because there is nothing monkey can do without help.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-10-02 12:37   
- Added in /lock command. Players can specify the rank number or use the two letter shorthand (MS, EN, 2L, 1L, LC, CM, CP, 2A, 1A, VA, AD, FA, GA, MA, CM)

chief marshal and commander ranks need different shorthands. commander can become something like CO or CD

there is this weird problem with locking planets having 2 word names. the command searches for only the first word, and fails miserably when dealing with inputs like Two_Guns.

i want the command to work on planets that i have selected, or allow input of %t in its variable form. i dont want to type names like niflheimr or tar-nak when i am in a hurry

also, whats with the "I'm sorry, but you do not have the sufficient authority" when trying to 1) lock planets to a rank above your own rank; and 2) lock enemy planets, respectively?

otherthan these i like it praise be to His Excellency Fattierob, Primus-unto-Pares of the dev team.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2011-10-02 13:59   
Quote:

On 2011-10-02 12:37, 4th wrote:
- Added in /lock command. Players can specify the rank number or use the two letter shorthand (MS, EN, 2L, 1L, LC, CM, CP, 2A, 1A, VA, AD, FA, GA, MA, CM)

chief marshal and commander ranks need different shorthands. commander can become something like CO or CD

prety sure that's a typo, I'll double check it with

Quote:

there is this weird problem with locking planets having 2 word names. the command searches for only the first word, and fails miserably when dealing with inputs like Two_Guns.

you need to use the command like:

/lock "Two Guns" VA

put quotes around the planet name if it has a space in it

Quote:

i want the command to work on planets that i have selected, or allow input of %t in its variable form. i dont want to type names like niflheimr or tar-nak when i am in a hurry

%t might be easier then doing the . I'll look into it.

Quote:

also, whats with the "I'm sorry, but you do not have the sufficient authority" when trying to 1) lock planets to a rank above your own rank; and 2) lock enemy planets, respectively?

Well their had to be some kind of error message

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-10-02 14:04   
Commander should be CO

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022101 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR