No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Switzerland fires enormous particle cannon at Italy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Switzerland fires enormous particle cannon at Italy
Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Grand Admiral
The Myrmidon Legion

Posted: 2011-09-23 23:23   
In accorodence with the current laws of physics yes he is correct that is why this is such a break through because it either proves that time travel is possible or that our current understnading of the univers and physics are false causeing us to have to reevaluate the laws of physics.

Signature size too large, please resize (600x200x100kb)

Email Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon   Goto the website of Achilles Lord of the Myrmidon
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-09-24 00:04   
i imagine that just because you can make a neutrino go faster than light, you cant necessarily make an entire atom go faster than light. it might revolutionize theory, but its practical implications arent too astounding. not yet anyways.

Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-09-24 09:25   
oh sweet one step closer to b5 lol

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Brundon
Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-24 12:05   
The Speed of Light and basically every law that has been made by man is more than likely false. The Universe is constantly changing. Which means that things that looked a certain way a hundred years ago can completely change within that small amount of time. The Speed of Light itself is what is called an observable phenomena which may not even exist. This is called an assumption.

Most science is in fact assumption. We assume things way too much, and we try to explain things to the point where we cannot explain them. Solution is, Stop trying to explain things that cannot at this moment be explained. We assume that because certain things look a certain way that it must be THAT way. When in fact this style of observing and recording has been proven false time and time again. Just because people used to actually think there was cheese on the Moon does it mean there's actually cheese on the Moon? Just because people used to think that there's little green men on Mars does that mean there are actually little green men on Mars?

Let's say that these Laws are in fact what the Universe abides by. Well there's one problem. The way things work in the Universe is that these so called "Laws" can be broken. Much like Laws that we have in our own society. We as a sentient race of intelligent beings have the capability to BREAK these laws and bend them.

The further you investigate the Universe the more and more you begin to see that Humans know nothing about what we observe, other than what we assume about it.

[ This Message was edited by: Kaus on 2011-09-24 12:11 ]

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-25 00:46   
Quote:

On 2011-09-24 00:04, Lark (Retired) wrote:
i imagine that just because you can make a neutrino go faster than light, you cant necessarily make an entire atom go faster than light...

But its the fact the a neutrino has MASS and is going ftl, because it takes an infinite amount of energy to get anything with mass to the speed of light

ymc2

where y is the Lorentz factor
m is mass
c is the speed of light

When v is zero, y is equal to one, giving rise to the famous E = mc2 formula for mass-energy equivalence. Since the y factor approaches infinity as v approaches c, it would take an infinite amount of energy to accelerate an object with mass to the speed of light. The speed of light is the upper limit for the speeds of objects with positive rest mass.

Lorentz factor: y = (1 - (v^2)/(c^2))^(-1/2)
where v = velocity
c = speed of light

That is what is so astounding.

EDIT: changed the variables to actual leters so you dont get #5982 or something like that

[ This Message was edited by: -Shadowalker-™ on 2011-09-25 00:50 ]

Email -Shadowalker-™
Blackjack [DBL]
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-25 00:55   
That neautrino would have achieved more than infinate mass.... which should be impossible. Again quantum theory is a strange thing. Its been described as throwing two watches at each other than trying to find out how they work by the bits that fly out.

Names I used: Da Bes Loser, Perseverance, Loyalty.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.015089 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR