No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Advertising
 Author Advertising
*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-19 10:10   
toss round idea to advertise DS and get more people

why not do say 200 credits if said person plays a total of 7 days in game or gets to a certain rank

Update the game reviews and things already out there (Ie Facebook and gamespot)

Email *FTL*Soulless
Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-09-19 11:46   
i dont think the credits idea will be needed.

just spread the word about a cool space mmo called darkspace. most of the time they will check the website in 1-2 days, and with a bit of luck 50% of them will want to try it out as a casual game.

some more luck and theyll talk to the other players in chat about how to begin. tell them the way, show off your huge cruiser, and 30% of the 50% will definitely want to stay.

tl;dr - no need for credit bonuses...

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-19 14:57   
Great idea.
Here in australia we have a VERY popular gaming mag called PCPowerPlay, so if we could get them to give us a good review + put DS on the DVD the mag comes with... The playerbase would explode.

Comebine this with a good tutorial(what happened to the old one, it was great) and maybe a 1000 credit starting bonus, and you have a recipe for big playerbase.

Radiance
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-09-19 15:29   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 14:57, iwancoppa wrote:
... and maybe a 1000 credit starting bonus...

There's a problem with that. How will you stop people from abusing that system? Some people WILL make new accounts just to rack up the credits.
My idea is to somehow make those credits nontransferable. Even if that is possible, it brings up another problem. What will stop players from buying the enh and giving it to themselves via one of their friends? Those problems need to be addressed if a starting credit bonus is to work.

Illusion fading out.
[ This Message was edited by: ~Illusion~Target~Dummy~ on 2011-09-19 15:30 ]

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-19 15:35   
No time to create, impliment, test, and deploy such a system with other work needing to be done.

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-19 15:48   
Jack as i have explained to you. Make so said person has to request the credits. The person on at the time who can gift them will check in to the case and award them if everything checks out

Email *FTL*Soulless
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-19 16:12   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 15:48, Bloody John Rackham wrote:
Jack as i have explained to you. Make so said person has to request the credits. The person on at the time who can gift them will check in to the case and award them if everything checks out

Yeah, we still don't have the time to impliment such a feature in-game, and setup the web interface to authenticate each request.

Incinarator
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-19 17:01   
If you think you're qualified enough to argue with the devs why don't you just code it yourself?

Chubba
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-19 18:39   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 14:57, iwancoppa wrote:
Great idea.
Here in australia we have a VERY popular gaming mag called PCPowerPlay, so if we could get them to give us a good review + put DS on the DVD the mag comes with... The playerbase would explode.

Ha thats how i got into Darkspace, when they are review back in 2000

*FTL*Soulless
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-19 19:07   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 17:01, Incinarator |SoT| wrote:
If you think you're qualified enough to argue with the devs why don't you just code it yourself?

With what i am suggesting there is no coding involved at all

Email *FTL*Soulless
Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-19 20:29   
You're all free to spread the word however you please (including asking websites and magazines).

-xTc- ExisT
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-09-19 20:36   
If DS staff isnt advertising, then we the players can help bring new players to DS. Tell your friends about a sick team/fleet based space MMO you play. Post about DS on other forums you visit. Make a youtube account dedicated to Darkspace. (or just post DS gameplay, etc)
DS needs players right now. IMHO it is almost perfect balance wise, and is focused around fleet tactics and gameplay. Which it should be. But it doesnt have the players it needs to function properly. To gain the players, the game has to be advertised somehow.

Warning: off topic but slightly on topic tangent/suggetion for player activity approaching:

Staff or player run 'leagues' or 'tournaments'. Add some kind of competitive edge to the game, complete with stats etc. Make our infamous fleets face off against eachother in some kind of special event/tournament server.
IDK how you could make some kind of 'tournament' in DS, though. Maybe host a senario 'tournamnet' server. Play it like a normal scenario but make it fleet vs fleet. RSM vs PB. GTN vs TK etc etc. Make it an 8v8 game. or 5v5, 10v10, 15v15, etc etc. First fleet to cap the objective planets or hold the most when the time runs out wins. Keep track of game stats. kills, deaths, planets capped, planets/ships damaged, planet cap atempts, etc etc. Award players with mvp, most agressive, most game changing, most effective bomber, etc etc. Competing for some sort of title or reward alwayys seems to bring in the players to games.

In another game i used to play with a smaller playerbase(muchsmaller than DS), the game would always hvae more players during its summer competitive leagues. During off peak times, it gets pretty inactive and boring...

In the aforementioned game i used to play, this summer league is the only thing that holds it together. It is similar to DS: Fun and unique, small, shrinking playerbase, inactivity and a lack of an ability to effectively expand and keep its playerbase, and, yes, very old(14-15 years i think) and it has seen its great moments and its bad moments. The players have played with eachother for years and years. They are like family but at the smae time, there is so much smacktalk and competition between the clans. And honestly, the game isnt growing or going anywhere. Its dying. But, the players keep it alive with its leagues and competitive nature. It is still alive today due to the players' love and attachment to it.
---
We the players keep DS alive. I know ill stick with DS as long as its around and I know that I am not the only player who feels the same.
I think some sort of competitive league/tournament would be beneficial to DS. I dont realy know just how it would actually work, though. It may not attract players, but it sure will keep them around.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-09-20 09:33   
well well.... i have a feeling that everyone now want to repeat after me. i posted a review and invite of DS on some forums. still...im waiting to get in some very important forums that might help a lot.
anyway, dont be greedy people, all you want is money (credits). i didnt ask for permission from dev, i didnt ask anyone for any credits, i just went and posted all about how awsome DS is, post some link to our über awsome trailers. and i dont care if anyone ever says thanks to me for that, the greatest reward for me will be when i'll meet more slovenian players in metaverse. and when there will never be a minute when you're the only one in your faction online. that is the reward.
i dont need credits and blue enhs, i need ppl, more ppl, more wingmen...or women. moar fun moar moar moar!!!

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-09-20 09:55   
People are free to start their own tournaments and events via the submit events page.

pawnerz
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-20 12:12   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 15:35, Pantheon wrote:
No time to create, impliment, test, and deploy such a system with other work needing to be done.

Prehaps players can submit "reviews" or detailed pieces of text all about Dark Space, in return the player(s) could get rewarded with a few K's of Credits.

Page created in 0.023206 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR