Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » multiple resolution copies
 Author multiple resolution copies
Deleted

Posted: 2002-02-19 20:11   

I copied the quote below from the faq. DS worked fine for me before I read it but I decided to fiddle with it none-the-less.

I have a nvidia geforce 2 MX400 and windows XP. I get multiple copies of the resolution setting in the setup window.

I uninstalled the drivers, deleted the registry files, reinstalled the newest drivers and I still get the same multiple listing.

Any suggestions? I suppose if it ain't broken, don't fix it eh?

quote:

"It is possible that, after you updated your video drivers from older to newer ones, the registry settings from the older ones were not removed from the registry.
Thus, you may see resolution settings, such as 1024*768*32, listed multiple times, though they are the same.
Each resolution should appear only one time in the list, for both 16 and 32-bit color depth.

The solution is to correctly uninstall and then reinstall your video card drivers.
Remember to ALWAYS follow your video card manufacturer's instructions as to the installation / upgrade of new drivers.

[The problem occurs primarily with certain versions of Nvidia's Detonator drivers]"

Deleted

Posted: 2002-03-07 07:53   
that's a windowsprob in general doesn't matter if 98-w2k-xp, just select the first item of ure choice and it should work.

Page created in 0.003304 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR