No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The Krill
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The Krill
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-19 04:13   
For those comparing the EAD to the Krill:

You should be comparing the EAD to the Siphon, since I do believe they're the respective super-dreads of each faction.

Krill was made a non-superdread because a) K'luth had an extra superdread for no readily apparent reason, and b) because UGTO don't have a missile superdread and ICC don't have a beam superdread.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-19 04:39   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 02:53, Ravendark wrote:
exactly my point.

krill being nerfed because was "OP", then we can call EAD OP too. pantheon, its nothing personal, but even if you know all the numbers and accurate stats of the ead, in game it still is a mighty opponent. even thou, he many not have rotating armor and runs out of energy. well krill has no rotatin armor too, and that armor is weak already by its nature.

just like enemy cant do nothing about it, but run towards and hope it still lives by the time he gets in firing range, if krill starts to hammer from a distance.
thats how anyone else cant to anything if EAD jumps its target, cuz it has no absolute chance of winning if EAD has his first strike. i think getting trough its armor and taking down his hull, keeping enough energy to finish it...and even if that was possible, noone would survive that long in engagment.
here i predict someone will say, EADs is not supposed to die in one engagement. everything else can or at least takes nearly fatal damage (not speaking about stations). now OP krill? either nerf both or none. and give icc that special "OP" ship.. just my opinion.

you dont have to listen to every player QQ about every little thing. but consider opinions of Az, Defiance, Kenny, Ent...i've never seen them stacking boolsheestz.

TBH, I was just kidding somewhat.

If you ask some PB members like Pakhos, Nec, Borg or myself. Yeah, we liked the Krill. But we're also sick of the QQ concerning the Krill. So if it has to go, then it has to go. We would rather have had the Krill deleted as a dread and remade into a SI cruiser, just like the Strike cruiser.

But that's the way it swings I guess.

As for enh, yes we know that enh has made some ships ultra powerful. Case in point, EAD + Def enh.

But who knows in the future, enh will come with disadvantages too. It has been a talking point.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-09-19 04:41 ]

CM7
Midshipman
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-19 04:50   
Ive thought enh should have disadvantages every since i first got my very first Adv engine tuner from a pirate elite way befor you could buy them.

Thought if someone had 8 of these things, it would be sick! (you hardly ever saw someone 8 matching adv enh befor you could buy them.) Coombi was the first i ever saw with em. Anyway.. i knew from that day that 8 of these babies would really tip ship balance. And i do say i was not wrong.

The problem with balancing enh.. is unknown, undesirable affects that players did not anticipate when they baught the enh... Lots of angry mobsters would rise up. Lots of Refunds... lots of lost revenue...

if you guys remember me in that dev meeting, I said this.. and advocated astheic touches for credits such as textures, effects, emblems, and banners...

[ This Message was edited by: Defiance{CM7} on 2011-09-19 05:06 ]

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-19 06:26   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 04:50, Defiance{CM7} wrote:
Ive thought enh should have disadvantages every since i first got my very first Adv engine tuner from a pirate elite way befor you could buy them.

Thought if someone had 8 of these things, it would be sick! (you hardly ever saw someone 8 matching adv enh befor you could buy them.) Coombi was the first i ever saw with em. Anyway.. i knew from that day that 8 of these babies would really tip ship balance. And i do say i was not wrong.

The problem with balancing enh.. is unknown, undesirable affects that players did not anticipate when they baught the enh... Lots of angry mobsters would rise up. Lots of Refunds... lots of lost revenue...

if you guys remember me in that dev meeting, I said this.. and advocated astheic touches for credits such as textures, effects, emblems, and banners...

A lot of things that we want, but a volunteer dev team can't put it all into place at once. Personally, I just play the game as it is.

No matter how they change things or nerf it, I think I can always find some trick, dirty or otherwise, to entertain myself with ingame.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-09-19 07:49   
Personally, I've always been in favour of enhancements being "tweaks" rather than straight-up make-stuff-better devices, on the simple logic that military-grade ships are already going to have the best technology money can buy and the limits are based on tradeoffs (speed versus protection, for example) rather than just being able to make a ship's attributes better for no cost in other areas.

So, for example, something that gives you more speed and acceleration does so by reducing the weight of armour the ship carries, meaning you have an enhancement that gives you (say) 5% more speed in exchange for 5% less armour. Admittedly there are some issues with a straight exchange like that (+50% is nowhere near the same as -50%), but you get the idea.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-19 11:50   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 07:49, Cap\'n Catbeard wrote:
Personally, I've always been in favour of enhancements being "tweaks" rather than straight-up make-stuff-better devices, on the simple logic that military-grade ships are already going to have the best technology money can buy and the limits are based on tradeoffs (speed versus protection, for example) rather than just being able to make a ship's attributes better for no cost in other areas.

So, for example, something that gives you more speed and acceleration does so by reducing the weight of armour the ship carries, meaning you have an enhancement that gives you (say) 5% more speed in exchange for 5% less armour. Admittedly there are some issues with a straight exchange like that (+50% is nowhere near the same as -50%), but you get the idea.

IMO, an acceptable tradeoff would prolly be +6% and -2%. I don't think a +6% and -6% will be very much liked.

Of course, it would also be nice to have the effects and counter-effects be somewhat related or make some sense.

Eg: +6% def for -2% turn rate or speed
+6% weap multi for -2% energy efficiency
or +6% speed for -2% defense

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-19 12:07   
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 11:50, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-09-19 07:49, Cap\'n Catbeard wrote:

IMO, an acceptable tradeoff would prolly be +6% and -2%. I don't think a +6% and -6% will be very much liked.

Of course, it would also be nice to have the effects and counter-effects be somewhat related or make some sense.

Eg: +6% def for -2% turn rate or speed
+6% weap multi for -2% energy efficiency
or +6% speed for -2% defense

^
of topic much personaly i like enchs how they are the unique ones are good to have dissadvantages as the never brake but ones with duranbilty shouldnt have a down side

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-20 15:30   
Suddenly, this topic is turning to all about limiting and tweaking enhancements so that the ship is not going to be modified...

Whatsover, adjust the requirement for Krill please.

But wait a minute, then why do we bother archiving Privateer badge? Well, I suggest Siphon, EAD and AD. these super-extra dreads should require Privateer badge.

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-20 16:00   
Quote:

On 2011-09-20 15:30, chlorophyll wrote:
Suddenly, this topic is turning to all about limiting and tweaking enhancements so that the ship is not going to be modified...

But wait a minute, then why do we bother archiving Privateer badge? Well, I suggest Siphon, EAD and AD. these super-extra dreads should require Privateer badge.

+1

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-20 20:59   
Quote:

On 2011-09-20 15:30, chlorophyll wrote:

Uh ok. Yeah. Priv for all assault dreads.
[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-09-20 21:12 ]

-=LoKi=-
Marshal
Imperium

Posted: 2011-09-21 03:56   
This is why I quited playing.

Email -=LoKi=-
*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-21 04:40   
Quote:

On 2011-09-21 03:56, LoKi. wrote:
This is why I quited playing.

You quit playing for other reasons ...lier

Email *Flash*
woodburner
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-21 15:28   
The Krill

What it should be.

It should have one weapon a bloody big cannon, and that main weapon would disable all functions on the other ship for 5 seconds just enough time to drop your 10 troops on that ship and then get the hell out of there
recharge time for cannon 2 mins to stop abuse

its a pirate ship, lets make it a PIRATE SHIP

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-26 13:27   
Tested out the Krill in beta, along with the new cloak and combat timer.

Anyway, my observations:

Krill:
Now has 4 SIs, 4 beams and 8 Heavy PSIs.

My opinion. Still a dangerous ship, but not OP.

Those 8 heavy PSIs can still do some really heavy damage at range. Together with the 4 SIs, the Krill is still a force to be reckoned with.

It's not a good close range ship though, with only 4 beams. Would do well to run away when faced with an EAD or AD, or even assault/Torp cruisers. Though a point blank alpha from those 4 SIs and 8 PSIs plus the 4 beams will still hurt plenty.

It has truly found its niche role as a medium range fire support ship.

Compared against the Mandible, it's less versatile. A Mandi can fight at most ranges medium to close. But it doesn't particularly excel at medium range like a Krill, nor does it do as well up close like a Siphon.

So in short:
Siphon: Close range assault
Krill: Medium range fire support
Ganglia: Long range missile platform
Mandi: All-rounder

Brood: Now I dunno what the Brood is all about. Never flown it much.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-09-27 08:44   
woodburner scored a multi kill kill kill

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.029047 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR