No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The Krill
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The Krill
[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-15 14:20   
Ok so now 1.671 is released we can see how the krill has been reduced in power and i have a sugestion

Now we all know that its been demoted to a "normal dread" rank but the requriment of use is still GA but to be honest the madible that you get at A is better so i suggest making it like the MD[icc] or the carrier dread[ugto] and putting the rank to use it down to VA With gold combat badge and silver supply badge to allow you to use it

(mabye it might want a little more debuf like take a rear armour arc away or something i dont know just a thought)

Email [ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-15 15:27   
The lobsters intentionally have no Dreads at VA. Why should this change? Moreover, K'Luth have always held that "the Krill is bad" and that "Siphon is better"; why must this change occur now?

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-15 15:35   
Why not i mean every other faction gets a dread at va + the fact that the pre 1.671 krill was op now the new one is under powered the rank requred makes liitle to no sence

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-15 15:59   
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 15:27, Gesellschaft wrote:
The lobsters intentionally have no Dreads at VA. Why should this change? Moreover, K'Luth have always held that "the Krill is bad" and that "Siphon is better"; why must this change occur now?

Why must this Krill change occur now? Why should this change? If the Krill is worse than Siphon, then why does Krill require higher rank than Siphon?

I hope in the future, players are allowed to modify ships, since every device and its degree has value now. Assign ship a maximum value then we may modify it until we're happy with the total value.

When a change effects game-play is made, there rises the opposition as usual. Isn't it better that we have a poll to vote for how much it will change? I mean, there must be times when value are undecided. The developers always go 5, 10, 15 etc... but maybe it's not the most favorite option. Perhaps a poll of value to vote is a soft solution in this case?

Rebellion
Marshal
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-09-15 16:43   
to me the change proposed would make no sense the krill is still a powerful opponent and is hardly suitible as a first dread for players, its not as powerful but its still powerful when used correctly.

\"War does not decide who is right, but who is left\"
\"I stopped fighting my inner demons we're on the same side now\"

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-15 18:53   
Thr current weapon loadout of the Krill makes it weaker than the Mandy. To me it seems to be the weakest dread in their arsenal now, especially with the rotten power generation.

I dunno, maybe the Brood is slightly better even.

It seems logical to me to drop some of its requirments.

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
Talien
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-09-15 20:55   
The current Krill layout as it was explained to me when I asked after testing it while it was in beta is that it was to give the luth a ship with the better weapon coverage of ICC/UGTO ships.

Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-09-15 23:44   
Just remove the Bronze privateer requirement. That'll do it.
The Krill is still useful as it has decent coverage with its PSIs.

It can keep at arm's length and pelt you with PSI and SIs. It was always meant to be a fire support ship. The only diff now is that it has half the number of SIs.

But honestly, with the recent core weap energy usage increase, it won't really matter much since most Krill players tend to space out their SI fire anyway.

Just play it as you always have. Keep it at 600 gus from enemy stations or ships like the EAD/AD and fire away. You still won't go wrong.

[ This Message was edited by: Kenny_Naboo[+R] on 2011-09-15 23:51 ]

Sheynak
Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-17 00:36   
Core weapons have no falloff.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-17 13:31   
I have a very sarcasm idea, and I bet it's excellent to apply on every ship that people consider OP: when someone is going to press spacebar twice within 1 minute, one must enter CAPTCHA. Is it beautiful?
[ This Message was edited by: chlorophyll on 2011-09-17 13:35 ]

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-17 19:24   
Quote:

On 2011-09-15 18:53, Azreal wrote:
Thr current weapon loadout of the Krill makes it weaker than the Mandy. To me it seems to be the weakest dread in their arsenal now, especially with the rotten power generation.

I dunno, maybe the Brood is slightly better even.

It seems logical to me to drop some of its requirments.

There's no point in the Krill now. You get a few cannons sure, but why bother? Use a Ganglia if you want cannons on a ship that can actually do damage. Core weapons aren't worth it anymore, and now the Krill is being nerfed to uselessness. Next step will be removal entirely.

Switch the requirements of the Krill, Mandible and Siphon. Replace the Mandible with Krill, the Siphon with Mandible, and the Krill with Siphon. It's debatable if the Siphon is stronger than the Mandible, but it's not debatable that the Krill is now the worst Kluth dread. It's pitiful amount of SI are not worth occupying a slot in the garage.

If I had the heart to delete old ships of mine that I've grown to love I'd replace my Krill right now with a Siphon. But instead of doing that I'll stick with my Ganglia It serves me well enough.

DiepLuc
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-18 02:49   
I think we need one new weapon device to solve ship role. A medium range beam like 500gu thunder or 600gu radiation wave, maybe.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-09-18 05:03   
i was out. WHY was krill nerfed??

i didnt found any QQ about it on forums.

wasnt OP at the begining of the new patch? and now it is?

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-09-18 05:31   
Now, I can't use the Krill... so my opinion might not be 100% accurate... but the Krill still seems like a pretty powerful ship to me. It doesn't seem like it was nerfed nearly as bad as some people are saying. Granted... if it's got the highest, or one of the highest requirements... maybe that should be adjusted. I have noticed, that Kluth's first dread comes at Adm. Maybe nerf the Krill a little more, and stick it in the VA rank?

[ML]RogueAvengerTTV
Marshal

Posted: 2011-09-18 05:57   
Yes take 2 psi off it and put it to VA i mean atm you need to be ables to use a station to use the krill when the madible is better :S

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018999 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR