No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Self Destruct Damage
 Author Self Destruct Damage
Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-08-27 18:14   
i think self destuct damage is a little bit low, especially for dreads, station SD damage is fine, but dont you think the explosion of a 1.5km long ship is going to quite a substantial amount of damage? yet when you SD in a dread you dont even hull a plat... WTH!! dreadnought SD damage needs a slight increase.... say like 20-40% because atm, SDing is a complete waste of time, you mayaswell just jump into a planet.... i myself prefer the, Go out in style! option...

Lock 'N' Load

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-27 18:39   
What are you talking about? One of you Kluth just like 10 minutes ago SD and took out like 10 plats and a player... I think it's pleanty fine. I do think the SD count down should be MUCH shorter though.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-27 18:40   
The problem with increasing damage from exploding ships is that a) it's really harsh on smaller ships which can already take critical damage from exploding ships, but it also opens the way for the incredibly cheesy and virtually unstoppable tactic of jumping stations on top of enemy fleets and self-destructing. Repeatedly, since it doesn't matter if you have 5% hull since you WANT to explode.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-08-27 20:07   
lol make a new ship class, kamikaze cruiser! aka player guided missile. would do siginificant damage if it woud sd on top of its target and would reduce at distance. if destroyed it would have normal cruiser blast. weak armor. higher speed.

a tactic that would require some skill or accurate pediction. also lotsalotsalotsa fun and laughs.

something that smaller ships like dessies and lower would evade like a joke. cruiser would have to be carefull, but dreads and stats..well...wouldnt wish to be in a dread. but then again dread would pop it for a joke if it was focused on it.

just he idea. i let the great mind perfect it if they like it.

ps> to nemesis and all who think i dont give much tought on my statments, no i dont really. that are mostly my instantanious neural connections forming according to the threads and problems. i dont have the time for it, haf to focus on making the whole college year in only 2 weeks
Agamemnon, now you understand my advice about the college

Azreal
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-27 20:12   
is damage done scaled to the amount of hull/armor remaining on a ship that self destructs?

Email Azreal   Goto the website of Azreal
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2011-08-27 21:25   
Let's bring back station SDs destroying fleets or loading Sups full of hydrogen and blowing them up, thanks in advance.

Iwancoppa
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-27 23:17   
How about, instead of SD doing a damage amount kind of damage,
how about percentage? EG: SD from station = -20% armor,shield and hull from all ships in XXX radius, Scout SD = -2% armor,shield and hull from all ships in XXX radius.

Since, think about it. Each ship would get a fairly even amount of rubble/parts/scrap/debris hitting it, since we can presume the debris would spread out pretty evenly. Thus, bigger ships, while tougher, would be hit a lot more.

Smaller ships would explode with a lot less debris, thus less damage. while a station would have an astronomically bigger explosion.

....It is with that we can justify the idea of a percentage-based SD damage system.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-28 05:38   
i never found self d usefull to do damage.
for station ok u can get some plats out, but u also lose the 1,5K pres for dying.
any other ship just doesnt do enough damage.

use self d to prevent getting capped, or get to shipyard faster, thats basically it.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-28 07:03   
Quote:

On 2011-08-27 18:40, Gejaheline wrote:
the incredibly cheesy and virtually unstoppable tactic of jumping stations on top of enemy fleets and self-destructing. Repeatedly, since it doesn't matter if you have 5% hull since you WANT to explode.

Heh Heh Heh Heh...

Good Times, Good Times.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-28 09:36   
Quote:

On 2011-08-27 18:40, Gejaheline wrote:
The problem with increasing damage from exploding ships is that a) it's really harsh on smaller ships which can already take critical damage from exploding ships, but it also opens the way for the incredibly cheesy and virtually unstoppable tactic of jumping stations on top of enemy fleets and self-destructing. Repeatedly, since it doesn't matter if you have 5% hull since you WANT to explode.

while that is a cheesey tatic, now it would be a costly one, each station death would cost almost 400 pres, and i doubt that person would gain 400 press from sding on a fleet of ships.

Email Borgie
Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-28 14:37   
Quote:

On 2011-08-28 09:36, Borgie wrote:
while that is a cheesey tatic, now it would be a costly one, each station death would cost almost 400 pres, and i doubt that person would gain 400 press from sding on a fleet of ships.

Considering how many people have umpteen trillion prestige, I somehow doubt that the prestige penalty would be an issue for those people that are several times over the maximum rank.

Animyx
Chief Marshal
Army Of Darkness

Posted: 2011-08-29 09:57   
if you hadnt noticed i said that station SD damage is fine as it is, i was mainly focusing on dreads and possibly cruisers, because 1 dread SD cant destoy a play with 100%hull and 0% armour is pretty sad tbh, when you SD hoping to get a huge chain of Boomness when you just do 25% damage to them is fairly disapointing...

When a Ship explodes the damage to other ships is from the explosion and the debris, and the debris is basically tons of scrap metal being hurled out at a very high speed, and anything hit by such a chunk of scrap metal will take a fair amount of damage...

But when a ship Self Destructs they detonate an onboard explosive device such a Nuclear Warhead or some simalar highly explosive device, which then increases the amount of force produced by the explosion therefore increasing the speed of the debris, and overall increasing the damage to nearby ships....

Fair point?
Peace -Apoc-

Lock 'N' Load

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-29 18:51   
I really don't get where everyone is coming from saying that a dread SD doesn't do much damage to platforms. In the last week I have seen on, I think, three seperate occasions where a dread has either SD, or been destroyed near plats... and taken out a whole field of them.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-30 18:10   
Quote:

On 2011-08-28 14:37, Gejaheline wrote:
Quote:

On 2011-08-28 09:36, Borgie wrote:

Considering how many people have umpteen trillion prestige, I somehow doubt that the prestige penalty would be an issue for those people that are several times over the maximum rank.

some people still worry about the loss in prestige. i will say thought i was fun jumping in a station with SD already set so that way you land on your targets and blow up in there face.

Email Borgie
Nekatil
1st Rear Admiral
Team Germany

Posted: 2011-08-31 13:05   
Quote:

On 2011-08-29 18:51, Whiterin wrote:
I really don't get where everyone is coming from saying that a dread SD doesn't do much damage to platforms. In the last week I have seen on, I think, three seperate occasions where a dread has either SD, or been destroyed near plats... and taken out a whole field of them.

thats usually a chain-reaction where the ship damage multiple platforms from its explosion
if one of those platforms explode, dealing additional damage causing the other platforms to join destroying the entire platform-cluster

(happens often to ugto-platforms in tight packs near sy-planets)

-------------------

i'd like to have a difference between death by damage and death by self destruct
(a real reason to use it, other than a quick shipyard shortcut)

either an increase in damage when sd, cause you overload the engine-core with too much energy
or a decrease in prestige-loss, cause your crew have some time to escape the ship
[ This Message was edited by: Nekatil on 2011-08-31 13:10 ]

Page created in 0.020373 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR