No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » State of Sag, August 25 2011
 Author State of Sag, August 25 2011
DarkCloudd
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-25 06:47   
I believe there has been some foul play afoot in Sag. I logged in this morning at approximately 2100 Server Time to find that ICC had been pushed back in Tau Ceti. We had lost most of out SY planets and a couple others. I noticed that Farstay was still under our control but upon jumping I noticed that the entire planet was not functioning like it should have been. I started to investigate it and noticed that every structure on the surface had been deactivated, even the colony hub.

Now I understand that it is standard procedure to deactivate buildings on a planet that is currently undergoing a plague, but not every structure on a planet gets deactivated when that happens, things like Domes, Power and Food are to remain online to allow the population to build back up when the plague has ended.

I have chatted with some members of opposing factions in the MV this morning and a name or some names have been thrown around as to who started this. I don't personally care, two wrongs don't make a right in my book.

I also understand that denying an enemy means and material, to wage their war is a valid strategy but thats not what is happening, from what I have opserved. A faction is bombing and capping the planet, deactivating the structures, then allowing the planet to revert to the other faction just so they can recap it for easier points. If this isnt agaist the RoC I propse it needs to be added as this isn't sportsmanship, it griefing plain and simple.

I thank you for your time,
Grand Admiral Fatal DarkCloudd *COM*
[ This Message was edited by: Fatal DarkCloudd *COM* on 2011-08-25 06:50 ]

Whiterin
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-25 07:17   
I always wondered if people would sometimes faction hop, disable planets, then hop back on their main faction and get some easy pres... seems like this is sort of the same thing. Really should be bannable, if that's what actually happened.

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-25 07:29   
See, this situation is suspiciously similar to:
Quote:

3.3.6 Revolt Bombing
Description: Removing a friendly planet's food supply so it revolts, then bombing it for easy bombing points.

Why it's an Exploit: Quite simply, this is something totally unrealistic to a space strategic simulation and can have no excuse for it within the context of the game if it happens. It is clearly intended only for personal prestige gain, hence is an exploit by definition.

You capture a planet. Fine, that's good, that's how you play the game.

You now have a friendly planet. You turn off all of its defences, domes, everything. All of the population die, all the techlevel is lost, the planet becomes useless. You then allow enemy infantry to capture the planet.

You have just sabotaged your own planet so that it can be easily captured by the enemy, which is against the RoC.

You then bomb the planet for easy prestige, since it has no defences and everyone on the planet is dead. This is pretty much like revolt bombing, except that you're using enemy infantry to speed up the process rather than waiting for it to rebel.

It's also incredibly unsporting.

Investigations shall ensue. I am incredibly disappointed with the people who think that this is somehow a legitimate way to play the game.
[ This Message was edited by: Gejaheline on 2011-08-25 07:31 ]

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-25 07:29   
I believe that said action is against the ROC however i am not at liberty to point out which section states such.

jimjimjaroo
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-25 07:38   
Quote:

On 2011-08-25 07:17, Whiterin wrote:
I always wondered if people would sometimes faction hop, disable planets, then hop back on their main faction and get some easy pres... seems like this is sort of the same thing. Really should be bannable, if that's what actually happened.

you just gave me an idea. make it were you cant do that unless your in a fleet(this might eliminate the problem). people may faction hop at free will but cant disable planets, hop back and get easy pres. thats why the devs should make it were you have to have a fleet(this does not apply in scenario) to disable/build planets(its so that if people have a fleet and disable a planet, they cant change to another faction). but, as you said i should be bannable too because you can still leave the fleet and go to whatever faction and still get easy prestige. and fleet admins should take note that if they see a fleet member do this(disable a planet, leave the fleet, go to another faction, and get easy prestige) that shouldnt let them back into a fleet until they prove that they wont do that again(fleet admins should have it were if they do it a second or third time, its a permanent ban from the fleet).

please share opinions about my idea. i know its long(well long to me, havent typed this much in a forum before) but opinions are welcome. thanks.

The Fridge
Chief Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2011-08-25 07:48   
It happens to much, but i think there are build logs for this.

If they don't include activating and deactivation actions in the logs might need to include them.

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-25 08:06   
What has actually been happening is PawnerZ has been going around UGTO planets and capping them when noone is online then scrapping them and moving onto the next and doing the same, he says it is too annoy RSM, his own words, many people can confirm this.

So after getting fed up with complete and utter testical of a person me and a few others decided to play him at his own game but without scrapping, we capped the planets then deactivated them, moved onto the next planet capped it and deactivated it ect ect, there was no exploit in way of bombing press gain just simply move onto the next one till its capped and deactivated, if PawnerZ wants to carry on 'annoying' UGTO then we can carry on doing what we are doing, its not what we want to do but we have no choice, if no one supports him in his mission to cap and scrap and /reports him when they see him doing it then there will be no need for us to retaliate in this way and everyone is happy.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-25 08:53   
Since Pawnerz plays all factions, i dont think hitting icc will give him much grief

also i must add that after pawnerz left u still recapped and deactivated buildings, after i have activated them

*Nemesis*©
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2011-08-25 09:12   
Quote:

On 2011-08-25 08:53, HakkeTak wrote:
Since Pawnerz plays all factions, i dont think hitting icc will give him much grief

also i must add that after pawnerz left u still recapped and deactivated buildings, after i have activated them

Unfortunatly since Pawnerz was doing it this time from ICC that was the target of choice and to your other point about carrying on after pawnerz left, well you was kluth taking advantage so we decided to chase you away and cap them back to leave them in an unusable state for icc to reclaim.

Hakketak
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2011-08-25 09:18   
ok

Gejaheline
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-25 10:03   
Quote:

On 2011-08-25 08:06, *Nemesis*© wrote:
...if no one supports him in his mission to cap and scrap and /reports him...

Why yes, it would be great if people /reported this kind of thing instead of following the policy of "two wrongs make a right" and stooping to the same level by doing exactly the same thing in retaliation.

Pantheon
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2011-08-25 10:31   
Anyone playing just to grief will find themselves on a vacation from DarkSpace. Capturing a planet purely to scrap or deactivate the structures and run away is absolutely not how we intend this game to be played.

We accept people may want to adopt a 'scorched ground' policy when a planet is captured, but this is an entirely different situation, and one of which should not be encouraged, and /reported when witnessed.

We will be making changes to ensure that you can only disable or scrap structures in an engineering ship and when in orbit of that planet, as well as making planets increasingly difficult to capture.
[ This Message was edited by: Pantheon on 2011-08-25 10:38 ]

Page created in 0.024473 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR