No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » New Saggitarius Layout
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author New Saggitarius Layout
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-10 17:36   
if its not broke don;t fix it. i don't like the new system change. first off the map is too "boxy" second it favors giving them access to 2 systems, kluth 1 and icc 1. i didn;t count luyten and kuas since you have to long jimp to get to those 2.

Email Borgie
Xavier I. Agamemnon
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-10 18:13   
Quote:

On 2011-08-10 17:36, Borgie wrote:
if its not broke don;t fix it. i don't like the new system change. first off the map is too "boxy" second it favors giving them access to 2 systems, kluth 1 and icc 1. i didn;t count luyten and kuas since you have to long jimp to get to those 2.

so who do you mean them ugto? + i dont think you like change

Xavier I. Agamemnon
CD/I.C.S Spartacus
HC/I.C.S Athena
CDD/I.C.S Achilles
Leader of the Exathra Alliance Fleet.

Email Xavier I. Agamemnon   Goto the website of Xavier I. Agamemnon
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-08-10 19:52   
kluth and icc have adjacent entrances again.

wooooooooooo

Ray[OU]
Marshal

From: Some where in deep space, From another galaxy. [Origin Unknown]
Posted: 2011-08-10 23:14   
Grand Admiral Ray doesnt like it luyten is UGTOs main system dont put them in the middle its like a fortress and to easy to defend stop favoring ugto so much its anoying put ICC in the middle they have less plyers normally so itll be ok or maby make a pirate system and put that in the middled with a MI system yea i like that better MI and pirate controled systems in the middled put luyten between R33 and CINN im sick of looking at luytens planet s all the time and mabe add 2 mores systems so ICC and luth can have control of more then just 1 system its not fair that UGTO have 3 systems that they can hold forever and if they do get capped its back UGTO the next day or so that shudnt happen-Grand Admiral Ray has spoken

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-10 23:26   
Quote:

On 2011-08-10 23:14, Grand Admiral Ray [OU] wrote:
Grand Admiral Ray doesnt like it luyten is UGTOs main system dont put them in the middle its like a fortress and to easy to defend stop favoring ugto so much its anoying put ICC in the middle they have less plyers normally so itll be ok or maby make a pirate system and put that in the middled with a MI system yea i like that better MI and pirate controled systems in the middled put luyten between R33 and CINN im sick of looking at luytens planet s all the time and mabe add 2 mores systems so ICC and luth can have control of more then just 1 system its not fair that UGTO have 3 systems that they can hold forever and if they do get capped its back UGTO the next day or so that shudnt happen-Grand Admiral Ray has spoken

dude, I really don't want to insult your pride or something, but please, pleeeeease, think a little more before you write something:

Cincinnati is the UGTO's main system. NOT Luyten. They have luyten in beta, because the AI CAPTURED it. If the K'Luth AI would've been there first, it would belong to them; If the ICC AI would've been faster, it would belong to them; but the UGTO was quicker.

Edit: darn commas and typos >.>

[ This Message was edited by: Thernhoghas on 2011-08-11 05:47 ]

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2011-08-10 23:31   
I still think we should go back to the 1.483 sag layout, with the home systems at the end of each of the three arms that bent about to look like a spiral galaxy. With MI and pirates having their own screct system off in no-mans land.

It looked better and worked better(game wise, idk about sever load, plus there are 5 systems in sag now, the old one had what 12 or something? the same number for each faction except for Barnards Star jutting out on the UGTO side.

Email -Shadowalker-™
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-11 01:12   
Switch Luyten for Procyon or Epsilon Ind, preferably the latter. It's a huge system with plenty of room for all three factions to gain a foothold, and it's completely wasted in MI space.

I'd love to see both Procyon and Epsilon Ind as the central systems in Sag.

I also wouldn't mind Kluth being adjacent to UGTO for once, instead of ICC. Or, crazy enough, no buffers between any of them. Have a triangle of Cincinnati-Tau Ceti-Epsilon Eri. Kaus Borealis is worthless because MI just nuke any planet you build there. You can get rid of it, add the gate to MI space somewhere else, and maybe make MI spawn in random locations in Sag. Same with pirates. Don't make it predictable, make it random.

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2011-08-11 01:22   
put a mi spawn gate in orbit around whatever system you put in the center, give it a high speed orbit, make it spawn whole fleets at random.

*Flash*
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-11 04:29   
how about not to change the layout?

Email *Flash*
Kenny_Naboo
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2011-08-11 04:36   

OK. We've got 2 IQQ who doesn't want Kluth beside them. I can understand them. No human wants to be a neighbor to an unwashed lobster.

Can we stick Tau next to Cinci then?

Thernhoghas
Grand Admiral
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2011-08-11 06:03   
Quote:

On 2011-08-11 04:36, Kenny_Naboo[+R] wrote:

OK. We've got 2 IQQ who doesn't want Kluth beside them. I can understand them. No human wants to be a neighbor to an unwashed lobster.

Can we stick Tau next to Cinci then?

kenny; most ICC players said that already when the sag-changes were resuggested this year.

Ravendark
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2011-08-11 06:04   
+1 kenny

Subtilizer
Grand Admiral
Faster than Light

Posted: 2011-08-11 06:38   
+1 other Kenny

Bardiche
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2011-08-11 07:48   
I remember when I first called us the IQQ.. haha. There's actually three of us, by the way.

Anyway, the reason we've been asking is because a previous iteration of the current map had actually seperated ICC and K'Luth as neighbours, and everyone was happy. Well, except for the server, so they culled some systems and placed ICC back next to K'Luth, while saying they'd try to see if there was some way to seperate the Long-range and Close-range factions. (monnikers since abandoned)

The current lay-out means that ICC has to travel either to Des-Kona/Luyten to engage the UGTO, or go through Kaus, which I presume will still see heavy MI presence. The UGTO have close access to K'Luth, the K'Luth have close access to UGTO and ICC both.

This does mean that from a story standpoint, you could name Kaus an important place for both ICC and UGTO to capture, and that K'Luth is boxed in by humans.

The prevalent issue here, though, is that UGTO's adjacent system is their sub-system, if you can call it that. R33 has always been said to be an UGTO home system location, so let's take it for that.

ICC's adjacent system is their home system, which is both a far spread system, and a system with only one Terran. Losing it is a large blow - we have no other immediate systems from which we can retaliate other than our home server's.

From a gameplay perspective, it's a bit... surprising the developers place K'Luth and ICC so close together every time, when UGTO is given a "buffer" system. I understand UGTO is given two systems they kind of "own" due to a lack of K'Luth initiative to seize UGTO property and to honour someone, but in the new map iteration ICC has no ease-of-access to UGTO-minded battlegrounds, and it can only closely engage the lobsters.

Surprising, because ICC's strength of "sustained damage" (superior firing rate) seems counter to K'luth's "burst damage" (JD always charged, engage at super-close range), and the ICC is probably worst off fighting the K'Luth.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter. I chose the wrong faction to voice feedback with.

Forger of Destiny
Chief Marshal
We Kick Arse

Posted: 2011-08-11 07:54   
swap epsilon eri with R33

buffer problem solved

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020168 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR